Lacking Experience- Jimi's works in progress

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hi everyone,

Here is my list of works in "progess"/Pile of shame.
The songs in bold are the ones that are currently being worked on most actively.

Anouk - Nobody's Wife.                                                               -D
the Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody                -G-B-D-V-K new audio

Cliff Richard and the Young Ones - Living Doll                            -B-D-V

David Bowie - Kooks                                                                   -V (solo)
David Bowie - Underground                                                        -V (solo)
Dionne Warwick - Walk On By                                                     testing and fixes as of 05-06-17
Doe Maar - Smoorverliefd                                                            -B-
Doe Maar - de Bom                                                                     testing and fixes as of 05-06-17

Focus - House of the King                                                          -G-B-D-V(percussion only)-K
the Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)

Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite (the Finest Girl You're Ever Gonna Meet)
Jackie Wilson - I Get the Sweetest Feeling

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)

the Jimi Hendrix Experience - Red House                                 -G - B - D - V
the Jimi Hendrix Experience - Stone Free                                 -D-G
the Jimi Hendrix Experience - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)     -V-

the Jimi Hendrix Experience - Remember                             -V-B

the Jimi Hendrix Experience - I Don't Live Today                 -V

Liquido - Narcotic                                                                     -G-B-D-V
Madness - Baggy Trousers                                                      -G-B-D-V (solo) -K
Madness - House of Fun                                                          -G-B-D-V-K
Manu Chao - Me Gustas Tu                                                     -tempo
Nena - 99 Luftballons                                                               testing and fixes (redone vocals)

Nena - Nur Geträumt                                                             -G-B-D-V

Opus - Live is Life                                                                    testing and fixes
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas - Tramp                                   testing and fixes
Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long                       testing and fixes
Otis Redding - Shake                                                            -D-B-G-K

Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al                                           -D-B-G-V(solo)
Peter Gabriel - Sledge Hammer                                             -G-B-D-V-K

Queen - God Save The Queen                                                  -G-B-D

Sam and Dave - Hold On I'm Coming                                    -G-B-D-V-K
Sam and Dave - Soul Man                                                      testing and fixes
Sam and Dave - I Thank You
Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell On You (Portrait of a Man and his Woman album version) -V
South Park Chef - Chocolate Salty Balls                                 Tempo

Taylor Swift - Shake it Off                                                        redoing Vocals with better audio to work from
the Temptations - My Girl                                                         -G-D-B-VH
Tim Hardin - How do we hang on to a dream                           -G-B-D-V
Toy Dolls - Nellie the Elephant                                                 testing and fixes
Toy Dolls - Final Countdown                                                    -D-B-G-V
The Young Ones - The Young Ones                                        -G-B-D-V

Some of these are in the database. But all songs listed here need work. When I actually release a song it will leave this list.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#2 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 12:27 AM

Good luck! Don't know the song, but I've enjoyed drumming most Hendrix, so I'll be sure to check it out when it's time.

#3 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 11:05 PM

Good luck! Don't know the song, but I've enjoyed drumming most Hendrix, so I'll be sure to check it out when it's time.

Thank you, I'll need it ;)

It's a blues song and this isn't one of those songs where Mitch Mitchell gets to pull out all the stops, so neither will the player on drums.
It does have a bit at the end where there is some fire though.

Here is a video of the song:

I'm still unsure if the bpm in the end stays the same/should stay the same and wether or not to keep the charted midi notes for that section, or change it into a tiny big rock ending. (Suggestions are very welcome)
Thank Geoff for the tutorials and RBN documentation.
I hope you will be able to enjoy playing the final version.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#4 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted October 13, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Update in first post.

C3U

#5 clintilona

clintilona
  • 596 posts

Posted October 13, 2014 - 10:44 PM

Great to see more Blues Brothers. Thanks for doing it. Will definitely be giving it a try this Saturday.
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#6 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 05:47 AM

Thank you, hope you'll enjoy it.
Keep in mind that it's not done yet and please redownload before Saturday because I left the Dryvox files unmuted for this version so the sound is off. I'll post a new version today when I get home from work, with some fixes to boot.

C3U

#7 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,309 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 01:47 PM

I have plans to do drums for the studio version of Hey Joe and Burning the Midnight Lamp. Would you be willing to other instruments?

#8 clintilona

clintilona
  • 596 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 09:49 PM

Thank you, hope you'll enjoy it.
Keep in mind that it's not done yet and please redownload before Saturday because I left the Dryvox files unmuted for this version so the sound is off. I'll post a new version today when I get home from work, with some fixes to boot.

I just went to get the updated version and it looks like you uploaded the ".c3" file instead of the con file when you re-uploaded.
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#9 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 644 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 12:45 AM

Excited to see the Blues Brothers track. I have a friend who is going to freak over that.

My Customs
AC/DC - Featuring over 60 full band
* tracks spanning 17 albums *unpitched vocals
Others - Featuring tracks from Oasis, The White Stripes, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Taylor Swift, and Michael Jackson.

#10 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 10:00 AM

I just went to get the updated version and it looks like you uploaded the ".c3" file instead of the con file when you re-uploaded.

You're right, I'm sorry about the mistake.
The new file can be found here:

https://dl.dropboxus...rybodyV1_rb3con

Excited to see the Blues Brothers track. I have a friend who is going to freak over that.

Thanks, I hope he'll be able to enjoy it in it's current rough state.

The dryvox files need to be redone. Now they're just cut jobs from the original mix.
I don't know if they really affect scoring on vocals, but I got to 92%. The pitches still need work as well.
I'm not even going to talk about the other instruments.

C3U

#11 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 10:53 PM

Update in the first post and an early happy Halloween to those who get to celebrate it.

C3U

#12 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:57 AM

Update in the first post. I really had fun working on the Soul Man song, which I absolutely love.
Testing was fun, even though the real testing has yet to begin.
To anyone downloading: hope you have fun with it and please let me know if you think something needs changing.

C3U

#13 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 11:12 PM

An update? Really?

Posted Image

Con: https://www.dropbox....ort_rb3con?dl=0

This is untested save for vocals and being taken apart by the Spanish Inquisition our dear friend Magma.
(It hurts us because it loves us)

C3U

#14 Mtyness

Mtyness
  • 87 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 04:01 AM

Cool Blues Brothers,but it looks like the con file doesn't work.

#15 PopGoesRockBand

PopGoesRockBand
  • 809 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 12:56 PM

Holy damn, Sledgehammer with Multitracks!

#16 psiven

psiven
  • 101 posts

Posted April 27, 2015 - 05:09 AM

Nice, I'll have to take a look at this and the Blues Brothers.

#17 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 760 posts

Posted April 27, 2015 - 11:49 AM

Wow! Thanks for Sledgehammer!!!

#18 VOC Sonder NL

VOC Sonder NL
  • 140 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 05:54 PM

Sledgehammer!

Nicccccccce!
Love to play the bass

#19 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 282 posts

Posted May 1, 2015 - 05:55 AM

Wow, thanks for all your interest!
Please keep in mind it is still a work in progress.
I've already recieved some feedback which will help me make it better, but it's far from good at this point.

The same but a bit worse applies to the Blues Brothers' track.
Its main achievement is the ability to be heard within the game. Tempo map, tube lengths, pitches, missing notes -ugh-. Hurrah for decent headphones.
I'm working on getting all the songs in this thread up to "just poorly charted"-levels :)

Still I hope you get enjoyment from them.
Looking forward to some more feedback.

C3U

#20 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 91 posts

Posted May 1, 2015 - 06:56 PM

For Sledgehammer on drums, you've got snare hits charted to the yellow tom when they should be red. What you've charted as red should be double red-and-yellow-tom hits - those are "flams," an extra-hard snare hit with both hands. Also, most of the blue cymbals are actually closed hi-hats, and should be moved to the yellow cymbal. The cymbal hits right before the green crash notes are open hi-hats (they make an extra "hissing" noise), so they can stay blue.

(A good rule of thumb is that most rock drummers will play steady hits on the hi-hat, with 1 or 2 snare and bass hits per measure. This is why so many Rock Band drum charts are full of yellow cymbal + red snare grooves. Unless the song has an unusually noticeable drum beat, it's a pretty safe bet that most of the chart should look like this.)
I chart multitrack customs! Download them here.

My WIP thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users