Aug 22, 2014 - King Crimson, mixed singles

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 iammax

iammax
  • 651 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 01:01 AM

Would it be possible to get a version of 21st century schizoid man with the end charted, instead of big rock ending? Or do you guys not like releasing stuff like that? <_<

#22 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 01:11 AM

You know , I was going to say where on the planet is Trumpy but my dream came true.

Now , please tell me it is not a C3 mix?

Nothing has been cut or altered from this version of the song.

#23 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 02:09 AM

The song that plays after Moonchild on the preview doesn't get a name on it while it's playing and then it goes into The Court of the Crimson King.

#24 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,594 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 02:14 AM

Would it be possible to get a version of 21st century schizoid man with the end charted, instead of big rock ending? Or do you guys not like releasing stuff like that? <_<

No BRE version in his thread.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=767&p=7040&hilit=21st+century+schizoid+man#p7040

#25 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 02:19 AM

The song that plays after Moonchild on the preview doesn't get a name on it while it's playing and then it goes into The Court of the Crimson King.

Pretty sure that is Moonchild, just a different part of it. 21CSM did the same thing in the video.

No BRE version in his thread.

http://www.pksage.co... ... man#p7040

Outdated version however. I would recommend asking Bearz to make a alternate version for the C3 Alt Chart thread.

horror_movie_special fan club member

#26 iammax

iammax
  • 651 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 02:48 AM

Yeah, I saw his, I mostly wanted it for pro keys, so <__>

I'll check out that thread, thanks

#27 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 04:57 AM

Technically, there should be an actual chart under there, right? Unless it was skipped because he knew he was going to put a BRE there.

#28 AddyMilldike

AddyMilldike
  • 322 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 06:51 AM

Technically, there should be an actual chart under there, right? Unless it was skipped because he knew he was going to put a BRE there.

The only instruments that need to have stuff charted are guitar and bass, for animations. The other instruments are all animated differently (i.e. not by the 5-lane playable expert part of a track)

Having said that, for 21CSM there is stuff there for Pro, but not for 5-lane. 5-lane keys has a bunch of random impossible to play things under there that I assume were put there just for shits and giggles. Simply removing the BRE lanes (and respective text events) WILL make 5-lane keys completely unplayable.

ZipZapZoop.png

#29 Necroblashyrkh

Necroblashyrkh
  • 44 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 10:06 AM

Holy Balls, i never heard on Animals but my god, its a tune. thanks espher best of the week for me.

Same here. Well, not even close to best of the week but it was a great song and it was really fun to play on drums.

I still want to give extra props for BearzUnlimited for charting the 10 minute improvisation part at the end of Moonchild. It can't have been easy to chart and it would have been easy to skip but there was nothing like it in Rock Band before so that alone makes it worthwile. I was actually surprised how fun it was on pro keys. Probably because it's free improv, it just has so naturally comfortable finger placings (even though a vibraphone isn't a keyboard) and when I played it with a similar sound, I really got into some kind of a flow-state, where I felt almost like I was playing with a band, rather than following prompts on the screen.

Pretty sure that is Moonchild, just a different part of it. 21CSM did the same thing in the video.

It would be pretty confusing for the preview videos, but this album actually has separate names for most of the extended instrumental bits. The tracklisting on the sleeve is:
21ST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN including MIRRORS
I TALK TO THE WIND
EPITAPH including THE MARCH FOR NO REASON and TOMORROW AND TOMORROW
MOONCHILD including THE DREAM and THE ILLUSION
THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING including THE RETURN OF THE FIRE WITCH and THE DANCE OF THE PUPPETS

#30 k-mac

k-mac
  • 253 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 12:16 PM

Don't be expecting a Weird Al pack any time soon, especially anything from Mandatory Fun. It takes a long time to chart songs. I'd stop asking about it for a few months, because it's annoying to the authors and if anything, makes them want to do it less.

On another note, thanks for the King Crimson! I picked up the album and the Seether. Great to see some classic prog!

#31 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 12:19 PM

Don't be expecting a Weird Al pack any time soon

Yes, do NOT. No Weird Al is planned at this time.

#32 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,114 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 11:24 PM

Thank you so much for the Crimson. The versions out there before had bad audio sources and charting errors that I was gonna correct but you surpassed my wildest fantasies for this album ;)

#33 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:03 AM

Don't be expecting a Weird Al pack any time soon

Yes, do NOT. No Weird Al is planned at this time.

Yes I understand. If you do however , do another Al pack it needs Jurassic Park and UHF.

You know , I was going to say where on the planet is Trumpy but my dream came true.

Now , please tell me it is not a C3 mix?

Nothing has been cut or altered from this version of the song.

Good to hear. Any chance we can get the original version of Good Grief?

I generally dislike myself.

#34 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 03:03 AM

What exactly do you miss about the original, if I may ask?

#35 Nettacki

Nettacki
  • 58 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 04:54 AM

Tried downloading one of the rb3con files and converting them to Phase Shift. Didn't work because the .mogg is apparently encrypted. That means I have to wait for Phase Shift files to pop up in the DB, right?

#36 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 10:21 AM

Tried downloading one of the rb3con files and converting them to Phase Shift. Didn't work because the .mogg is apparently encrypted. That means I have to wait for Phase Shift files to pop up in the DB, right?

Yes, as usual.

#37 iammax

iammax
  • 651 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 03:18 PM

Wow, I bet Moonchild was hard to chart. That thing is insane.

#38 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 08:16 PM

Everything that is different. I didn't notice a lot though. I was too busy doing the insane guitar.

I generally dislike myself.

#39 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 09:13 PM

Everything that is different. I didn't notice a lot though. I was too busy doing the insane guitar.

Take another crack on it, and pay attention to how little is actually different. In fact, the only part affected is part five, which was shortened a little bit at the very end.

#40 Nettacki

Nettacki
  • 58 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:04 AM

I noticed that Epitaph had a custom ending to it. You're aware that in the 40th Anniversary Edition release, there was a backing track of that song as one of the bonus tracks, right? If not, then that backing track happened to have an ending of its own there. Just curious: why did you guys create a new ending instead of using the one from that backing track?

Edit: on top of that, why are many of the notes on guitar HOPOs instead of strumming notes? I think they're slow enough that merely charting them as strumming notes could maintain playability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users