AJFOne's Customs 6/26 Mastodon Monday - Feast Your Eyes; Soundgarden 2 pack; Lost classics; Frank Zappa - We Are Not Alone

Genesis Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Pro drums pro keys Iced Earth Frank Zappa

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#861 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 11, 2017 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the STP and Mastodon!

Anything for you ;)

#862 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 12, 2017 - 07:29 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/12 Frank Zappa - Sinister Footwear II

aw59JL3.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARnsw1-6

5 LANE KEYSghostbyob

"Sinister Footwear II" features guitar solos, classical keyboard lines, synclavier supplements, percussive additions in the "Black Page" tradition, and quite a bit more. This is the sort of piece which tends to dominate the listener, rather than vice versa... in this case, this has to be considered a good thing. Sinister Footwear is fairly typical of Frank Zappa's forays into contemporary orchestral music: both musically complex and cartoon-like at the same time. And it has a silly name. As was often the case with Zappa's music, Sinister Footwear started life as a collection of little musical fragments of enormous complexity that FZ would insert in the middle of otherwise “stupid songs” with his touring rock bands. Eventually these fragments were incorporated into a three movement ballet which premiered in 1984 by the Berkeley Symphony.

#863 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 15, 2017 - 09:53 AM

RgEgmkt.png

LATEST UPDATE 5/15 Mastodon Monday - Ancient Kingdom

VEGLN84.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: MackeeGH

#864 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 01:24 PM

LATEST UPDATE 5/19 Frank Zappa - Alien Orifice

4v4GqM0.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARnsw1-6

5 LANE KEYSMrBurpler

#865 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 22, 2017 - 05:36 PM

RgEgmkt.png

LATEST UPDATE 5/22 Mastodon Monday - Battle at Sea

YpX0HKI.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: spiralshadow123

#866 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 27, 2017 - 09:37 PM

LATEST UPDATE 5/27 Mastodon Monday - Soundgarden 2 pack

Q4hQzaz.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Puppetz

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

“Face Pollution” is a brief, angular heavy metal assault that is extremely catchy, fast (*drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!! *drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!!), and has a lot energy.

oRBN8WD.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS/VOCALSColonel 32dll

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

Cornell had a specific death in mind when he wrote the seven-minute coda of "Superunknown." "I was writing the music to that in may basement when I heard this loud thump from above," Cornell told Melody Maker in 1994. "When I got to the door, there was this beautiful female robin writhing on the ground. She'd broken her neck flying into the window. It was obviously broken, flipped back…"  Cameron's drums start out front, marking time, bass is next, growling, cresting guitars follow, finally Cornell comes in with a steady tenor, singing, "dazed out in a garden bed with a broken neck lays my broken gift." Thayil and his ax go on full attack from there. Later, as the music swirls, he sings, "She lived like a murder but she died / just like suicide."

UPDATE note: if you already DL'ed the old version, this one will not replace it. Please delete the old one.

#867 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 737 posts

Posted May 27, 2017 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for Face Pollution and for the added drums, drum animations and venue from you and MrBurpler in Like Suicide. Cornell was amazing.

#868 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 29, 2017 - 07:50 AM

RgEgmkt.png

LATEST UPDATE 5/29 Mastodon Monday - March of the Fire Ants

yqCDxZ5.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: BraxtonThePorcupine

#869 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 557 posts

Posted May 30, 2017 - 02:03 PM

Cool stuff with the Soundgarden and Mastodon offerings! Thank you, AFJone23!

As much as I dig and appreciate all you and your partners in crime have done with these, I gotta admit I'm startin' to jones on 'Wonder Wednesday's' :)  

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before you decide to revisit that endeavor. :D

You may think the stuff I bring is 'cheesy' but ask yourself this......is it american or is it brie?

#870 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted May 30, 2017 - 04:19 PM

Cool stuff with the Soundgarden and Mastodon offerings! Thank you, AFJone23!

As much as I dig and appreciate all you and your partners in crime have done with these, I gotta admit I'm startin' to jones on 'Wonder Wednesday's' :)  

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before you decide to revisit that endeavor. :D

For my sanity I cut down from 3 weekly releases to 1 with sporadic releases whenever I get around to it. Mr. Wonder's work was very time consuming so I needed a rest but yes he will be back I promise you :)

#871 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted June 1, 2017 - 04:52 PM

More Soundgarden on the way this weekend. I wish it didn't take the death of an artist to light a fire under my butt but at least it's getting done and Chris deserves the effort.

#872 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 557 posts

Posted June 1, 2017 - 05:18 PM

Yeah man, folks here in this area are still in a state of shock...
We certainly loved the man and his work. Hope your charting efforts go smoothly and we look forward to your tribute.

Peace! :D

You may think the stuff I bring is 'cheesy' but ask yourself this......is it american or is it brie?

#873 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 737 posts

Posted June 3, 2017 - 01:18 AM

....Chris deserves the effort.

Hear hear!

#874 Freewaymad

Freewaymad
  • 365 posts

Posted June 3, 2017 - 02:26 AM

I agree more Soundgarden and a late thank you for the ones already. Chris was totally a class act. An awesome voice like that, holy hell, how can anyone not miss him. R.I.P. His memory will always live on.

#875 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,314 posts

Posted June 3, 2017 - 08:46 PM

LATEST UPDATE 6/3 Soundgarden 2 pack

n18acKr.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/REDUCTIONS: Mb1nightmare

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

“Zero Chance,” is a mathematical puzzle that goes 11/8, 11/8, 15/8 to 11/8, 11/8, 9/8 to 4/4 and 5/4, and that just brings us to just after the first snare drum crack, but it’s not math that makes the song amazing, it’s the visceral impact of the song, the emotion it packs within what would otherwise feel like an exercise.

xMsaQkS.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/REDUCTIONS: Mb1nightmare

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

A thing of otherworldly, unsettling grace, Soundgarden never recorded anything else quite like “Head Down,” though it could certainly be located as a genesis point for some of the explorations that would later occur on Down On The Upside. Superunknown is a primarily dark affair, not as screeching or hard-edged as Badmotorfinger, but plenty grinding and despairing in its own ways. “Head Down” is too unnerving to be considered a moment of lightness from all that, but it feels like a detour that simultaneously deepens the character of the album. It was with psychedelic tracks like this that Soundgarden marked the borders of their new expansive sound. It glides rather than thrashes, but it seeps out of the same darkened mind and heart as the rest of Superunknown. “We hear you cry/ We hear you wail/ We steal that smile from your face,” Cornell sings, later ending the song with “Head down, head down, head down, hide that smile/ Head high, head high, head high, you got to smile.” It’s all delivered in a smooth, almost-detached lilt, proving that sometimes the best way to be haunting is not through heavy guitars and screams, but through the misleading sweetness of a strangely tuned guitar and an enticing rhythm.

#876 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 737 posts

Posted June 3, 2017 - 09:13 PM

Thank you for more Soundgarden!

#877 Freewaymad

Freewaymad
  • 365 posts

Posted June 3, 2017 - 10:11 PM

Totally cool. Thank you.

#878 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 277 posts

Posted June 4, 2017 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for more awesome customs from Soundgarden.

#879 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 557 posts

Posted June 4, 2017 - 06:59 PM

Great tribute releases. Thank you AJFOne23! :rock:

#880 spiralshadow123

spiralshadow123
  • 77 posts

Posted June 4, 2017 - 09:42 PM

HELL YES, ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS EVER (Head Down)! Just played through on drums and had an absolute blast. You're the effing best, AJFOne23!

Customs | WIPs | Spreadsheet

original customs, 9 contributions, and 15 WIPs

Add me: Xbox - EJtheDJ666 | Switch FC: 7840-5907-4593 | Steam Profile | Twitch

Rivals Crew: Dainty Lil' Beasts

Other Links:

YouTube - custom previewsother stuff

Last.fm - favorite bands, favorite albums

Interesting facts about me:

I have been playing piano my entire life, drums for about 4 years, I have perfect pitch, I'm currently studying Computer Science at Cal State Fullerton, and hope to eventually make a living as an audio engineer/freelance programmer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genesis, Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Pro drums, pro keys, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users