AJFOne's Customs 6/18 - The Cardigans - Rise & Shine

Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Iced Earth Frank Zappa Weird Al Mastodon Chris Cornell

• Please log in to reply
1683 replies to this topic

#1621 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted April 24, 2019 - 07:08 AM

LATEST UPDATE 4/24 - Weird Al - Bohemian Polka

d5YWon4.jpg

Video Preview

GUITAR: i0brendan0

VOCALS: BornGamerRob
STANDARD KEYS: MrBurpler

#1622 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 972 posts

Posted April 24, 2019 - 11:59 PM

tenor.gif?itemid=4958058

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  "Almost Everything from Al Green to Ween" since 2016

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#1623 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted April 25, 2019 - 09:00 AM

LATEST UPDATE 4/25 - KISS - Cold Gin

9RSSnhb.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARBattlePenguin

#1624 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted April 28, 2019 - 06:59 AM

LATEST UPDATE 4/28 - Yes - Beyond and Before

dpPoYAw.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARStackOverflow0X

#1625 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted April 29, 2019 - 07:02 AM

LATEST UPDATE 4/29 - Foo Fighters - Have a Cigar

TEacy79.jpg

Video Preview

GUITAR: nicholasp248

#1626 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted April 30, 2019 - 06:56 AM

LATEST UPDATE 4/30 - Pink Floyd - Jugband Blues

orcPd5j.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: bsbloom

STANDARD KEYS: MrBurpler

#1627 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 789 posts

Posted May 1, 2019 - 03:23 PM

A fine choice, thank you!

#1628 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 1, 2019 - 07:43 PM

A fine choice, thank you!

It's awfully considerate of you  :D

#1629 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 2, 2019 - 07:01 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/2 - KISS - King of the Mountain

Kingofthe-Mountain2x-rb3con-visual.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Freewaymad

#1630 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 2, 2019 - 07:03 PM

chris-cornell-tribute-banner.png?width=5

Your boy AJ has lost his mind again. Get ready for a month long tribute to the late great voice of my generation. Stay tuned friends :)

#1631 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 3, 2019 - 07:04 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/3 - Chris Cornell - Sweet Euphoria

Sweet-Euphoria-rb3con-visual.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: EchoOfMystery

Sweet Euphoria is brings out the melancholy with a very "lonely" sounding song. This is a solo acoustic song, that features some very mellow vocals. I love to see his soaring range as much as the next person, but this fits perfectly and I find this to be one of the most beautiful songs on the album. The lyrics are probably the most cryptic on the album, and I love lines like "Time wilts like flowers/Sleeping on landmine pillows/With dying angels".

#1632 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 4, 2019 - 11:25 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/4 - Soundgarden - Ugly Truth

Ugly-Truth-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARnaginalJJ/Mb1nightmare

Soundgarden redefined the metal-hard rock genre on their major-label debut, Loud Love, with the bruising mid-tempo album opener, "Ugly Truth." The band combines singer Chris Cornell's powerful howl with Black Sabbath riffs while maintaining a ragged punk energy that would eventually form a distinct branch of "grunge" then just emerging from the American Northwest.

The track opens with the precise chop of drummer Matt Cameron's lumbering groove, soon joined by the metallic spray of chunky guitar keeping a steady driving rhythm as the bass guitar anticipates the song's principal riff. Guitars and bass lock into dampened notes of the first verse, as Cornell sings with a restrained impish yowl, "You hide your eyes/But ugly truth just loves to get in the way/You gave yourself/If you were mine to give I might throw it away." The chords open up, holding resounding notes as Cornell powers up his impressively powerful vocal chords into full howl mode for the second half of the verse: "You share/But money can't give what the truth takes away/Throw it away!" Following an extended instrumental section, the riff shifts, guitarist Kim Thayil holding sustained notes, allowing the energy level to drop, Cornell singing in an electronically effected whisper, "I don't think I really understand you/And I can't see why I'd ever want to/And even if it isn't mine to say/I'll say it anyway/It's Ugly!" -- repeating the last line until it eventually grows into an elongated yelp. The track breaks down in a kind of false ending, the music coming to a halt as a wall of chiming guitars twist the tension higher, Cornell speak-singing the downer line, "If you were mine to give/I might throw it away." The band lashes back into the grinding groove for a final run-through before the track comes to a close.

#1633 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 5, 2019 - 07:04 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/5 - Soundgarden - Rhinosaur

Rhinosaur-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARnaginalJJ/Rocker1999

“Rhinosaur” was co-written by drummer Matt Cameron and features some odd-timed rhythms during the verses with the choruses featuring uplifting vocals by Cornell, A frantic guitar lead over the bridge quickly dissolves back to the relatively slower main theme to end the track.

#1634 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 6, 2019 - 07:07 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/6 - Soundgarden - Bones of Birds

Bonesof-Birds-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARMb1nightmare

VOCALS: Qweflol

"Bones of Birds" is the psychedelic centerpiece that boasts an effective, downcast riff from Thayil. When hope enters, in it is fragile and even frightening, with the shadow of mortality close at hand: “Time is my friend/til it ain’t/and runs out/and that is all that I have/til it’s gone”. Light is located in love and family, in the struggle to “build a home”. The inner struggle to persevere is captured brilliantly in the tug and pull melody, which drives ahead, then subsides, steadies, then pushes forward again. Is survival possible? The concluding answer is hesitant: “Probably … maybe”.

#1635 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 7, 2019 - 06:59 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/7 - Soundgarden - Big Dumb Sex (live)

Big-Dumb-Sex-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARnaginalJJ

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

“Big Dumb Sex” is a catchy rocker with the infamous, massive chorus: “I’m gonna fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK YOU!” These purposefully silly lyrics (the whole song, actually) are a parody of the “hair metal” bands of the 80’s and the poor metaphors for sex in their lyrics. Apparently, Guns n’ Roses didn’t really get the joke and actually made a cover of the song, configuring delightful irony.

#1636 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 8, 2019 - 10:20 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/8 - Soundgarden - Fresh Tendrils

Fresh-Tendrils-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARMb1nightmare

Long one of the most overlooked songs of Soundgarden’s catalog, “Fresh Tendrils” was penned by Matt Cameron and features a revolving guitar refrain that spins and spins until the music final leaps off the track, exquisitely exploding with raw power and Cornell at full wail. God knows what the title’s supposed to refer to, but many of the lyrics seem to allude to substance abuse of some sort. The constricted groove of the verses boil over into choruses with Cornell singing “Shame, shame/ Throw yourself away/ Give me little bits of/ More than I can take/ If it sits upon your tongue/ Or naked in your eyes/ Give me little bits of/ More than I can try.” It feels like the rhythm of addiction, the pressure getting tighter and tighter until, finally, something has to break.

#1637 rcale

rcale
  • 428 posts

Posted May 8, 2019 - 04:47 PM

A thousand yesses!

#1638 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 9, 2019 - 07:02 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/9 - Soundgarden - Never Named

Never-Named-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARsuburbia

"Never Named" is very catchy and makes you want to just sing along with. Very up-paced, with fast drums and guitar.

#1639 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 10, 2019 - 06:55 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/10 - Chris Cornell 2 pack

Preaching-The-End-Of-The-World-rb3con-vi

Video Preview

GUITARBansheeflyer

"Preaching the End of the World" is a beautiful mostly acoustic track about finding a friend to spend the last moments of existance with. Cornell's vocals, like just about every single song on this album, are top notch. The acoustic guitar provides a solid basis for this song, while the lead guitar sounds fairly reminiscant of some of Elevens work. It does a lot of quirky kind of melodies throught the song and has a chorus type effect with some wah on it which just adds to the spacey feel. Despite the name, there really isn't an apolocalyptic element to this song. It's actually one of the happier songs on the album.

Disappearing-One-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITAREchoOfMystery

STANDARD KEYSFujiSkunk

"Disappearing One" deserves much praise as it perfectly contrasts the black and white, how someone can disappear but always return. It comes with the greatest piece of imagery in the album because it presents the utmost suffering, ‘And there you lie like a painting of Christ, bleeding on the heads of the ones who nailed you down’.

#1640 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,000 posts

Posted May 11, 2019 - 06:42 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/11 - Soundgarden - Black Saturday

Black-Saturday-rb3con-visual.jpg

Video Preview

GUITARSunfire Cobra

“Black Saturday” continues a tradition of Soundgarden songs about things black: black hole sun, black days, black rain. The journey continues—on the cusp of Sunday, the Christian holy day—but with no lack of second-guessing. “Kill me right away/If I start to get slow”, sings Cornell, anguished that he cannot remember “how to separate/the worm from the apple”. One wonders how much of this song (as well as others) was inspired by Cornell’s battle to overcome depression and alcohol abuse (as well as a failed first marriage) in between the disbanding of Soundgarden and the start of Audioslave? Regardless (as that personal history is quite secondary), the goal is made clear: death to self and a new life following. “Burn out any memory of me ever breathing/Until I’m born again/born again/born again”.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa, Weird Al, Mastodon, Chris Cornell

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)