AJFOne's Customs 5/27 - Soundgarden 2 pack; Mastodon Monday - Battle at Sea; Frank Zappa - Alien Orifice

Genesis Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Pro drums pro keys Iced Earth Frank Zappa

• Please log in to reply
866 replies to this topic

#1 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 01:24 PM

LATEST UPDATE 5/27 Mastodon Monday - Soundgarden 2 pack

Q4hQzaz.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Puppetz

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

“Face Pollution” is a brief, angular heavy metal assault that is extremely catchy, fast (*drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!! *drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!!), and has a lot energy.

oRBN8WD.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS/VOCALSColonel 32dll

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

Cornell had a specific death in mind when he wrote the seven-minute coda of "Superunknown." "I was writing the music to that in may basement when I heard this loud thump from above," Cornell told Melody Maker in 1994. "When I got to the door, there was this beautiful female robin writhing on the ground. She'd broken her neck flying into the window. It was obviously broken, flipped back…"  Cameron's drums start out front, marking time, bass is next, growling, cresting guitars follow, finally Cornell comes in with a steady tenor, singing, "dazed out in a garden bed with a broken neck lays my broken gift." Thayil and his ax go on full attack from there. Later, as the music swirls, he sings, "She lived like a murder but she died / just like suicide."

UPDATE note: if you already DL'ed the old version, this one will not replace it. Please delete the old one.

RgEgmkt.png

LATEST UPDATE 5/22 Mastodon Monday - Battle at Sea

YpX0HKI.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: spiralshadow123

LATEST UPDATE 5/19 Frank Zappa - Alien Orifice

4v4GqM0.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARnsw1-6

5 LANE KEYSMrBurpler

LATEST UPDATE 4/29 Yes - Yours is No Disgrace

6yOAHEg.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS/KEYS: sageamagoo

DRUMS: MrBurpler

Very much a whole group effort, “Yours is No Disgrace” features songwriting credit for all members. Indeed, while Yes fully embraced cover songs on the first two albums, they avoided them for this rebirth. Jon Anderson provided some of his most visual, yet compact lyrics up until that time on “Yours is No Disgrace.” Believed to be Yes’ first anti-war song, it conjures images of children entangled in a conflict of their parents.

Musically, “Yours is No Disgrace” jumps out of the speaker. With the blend of Bill Bruford’s snare drum, Steve Howe’s Gibson ES175 and Chris Squire’s Rickenbacker bass blasting off in stiletto harmony. Tony Kaye’s husky Hammond organ joins the march, then gives way to a Moog synthesizer break. Howe comes back with a fleet-fingered lead passage, which is supported by a moving, trebly bass run and snare-centered shuffle. Amazingly, “Yours is No Disgrace” takes the band to a new musical height and a not a word has been sung.

When Jon Anderson and the chorus of Chris Squire with Steve Howe come in with the first verse, you can’t help but believe this is how Yes was meant to sound. Eddie Offord’s mix verges on perfection, allowing each voice and instrument to be separate and distinctive yet not out of place. Chris Squire’s bass sound is like nothing else in rock, and keeps the song galloping along with Bill Bruford’s unique rhythmic contributions. Squire goes into a jazz-like bass walk, before another vocal break down.

Many bands would quit while they were ahead, but Yes forges on with an additional solo section and verse. The solo section deserves special mention, as Steve Howe evokes jazz and psychedelic elements in his Gibson-driven solo. His use of the volume pedal and distortion adds an additional element to the solo, and the section could be an entire song in itself. A Hammond/Moog-propelled final verse is added and before you know it almost 10:00 minutes has passed.

“Yours is No Disgrace” is a classic, and just one on several on The Yes Album.

CHICAGO (THE CHICAGO CHRONICLES)

Chicago Transit Authority (1969)

Chicago II (1970)

Chicago III (1971)

Chicago IV (1971)

Chicago V (1972)

Chicago VI (1973)

Chicago VII (1974)

Chicago VIII (1975)

Chicago X (1976)

Chicago XI (1977)

Hot Streets (1978)

Chicago 13 (1979)

Chicago 14 (1980)

Chicago 16 (1982)

Chicago 17 (1984)

Chicago 18 (1986)

Chicago 19 (1988)

#2 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 01:26 PM

FRANK ZAPPA

1969-74

1976-1985

1979 Joe's Garage

GENESIS

ICED EARTH

1991 Night of the Stormrider

1995 Burnt Offerings

Singles

JAZZ

MASTODON

2002 Remission

2004 Leviathan

2006 Blood Mountain

2009 Crack the Skye

2011 The Hunter

2014 Once More 'Round the Sun

2016 Emperor of Sand

METAL

PANTERA

ROCK

SLAYER

STEVIE WONDER

#3 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 09:00 PM

FULL/PARTIAL BAND SONGS

CLASSIC ROCK

DRUMS ONLY

CLASSIC ROCK

FRANK ZAPPA

JAZZ

ROCK

#4 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 10:31 PM

Oh heck, I just realized Too High gives album sorting to Innervisions!

#5 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 11:16 PM

what do you mean?

#6 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 02:40 AM

what do you mean?

I mean that if you own the officially released DLC songs "Higher Ground" and "Living for the City," that they, along with your custom should make 3 songs from that album, the number that appear album-sorted in game.

It's not a big thing, but I like seeing it.

#7 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 02:59 AM

I see. Works for me lol

#8 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 01:27 PM

There is a real embarrassment of riches with drum customs today. Awesome to see more from Bruce and Stevie, even if it's not stuff I'm familiar with.

#9 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:21 PM

the link of yours is no disgrace is wrong, can you fix it?

#10 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:34 PM

the link of yours is no disgrace is wrong, can you fix it?

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

#11 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,356 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Great update. Mastodon usually never disappoints on drums. I already had a custom of Capillarian Crest but don't remember if it had pro markers or not. I know a few of the Mastodon customs I have doesn't have pro markers so will be great to get rid of them with your versions.

#12 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 07:56 PM

Great update. Mastodon usually never disappoints on drums. I already had a custom of Capillarian Crest but don't remember if it had pro markers or not. I know a few of the Mastodon customs I have doesn't have pro markers so will be great to get rid of them with your versions.

Feel free to make some preview vids :dance:

#13 Chips

Chips
  • 415 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 06:44 AM

a ton of songs from two of my favorite bands, I think I love you dude!

#14 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 03:08 PM

a ton of songs from two of my favorite bands, I think I love you dude!

Lol. No prob man. More to come including collaborations for guitar and vocals.

#15 iammax

iammax
  • 588 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 11:42 PM

Is the guitar chart on capillarian crest a new creation or a convert from an old chart?

I have a guitar/drum custom of it already, and I only want to play guitar, and I'm not sure if they're two different versions or you only changed the drums or something

#16 Chips

Chips
  • 415 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 11:42 PM

circle of cysquatch doesn't seem to work, says the song data is unavailable/restarts the session. maybe that's just me though

the part before the solo in crystal skull with scott kelly is charted wrong but that's just a fanboy complaint, i doubt many will notice or care :). nice work though man, it's especially nice to have a single pedal version of capillarian crest since I'm still stuck with just one

#17 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 11:48 PM

Is the guitar chart on capillarian crest a new creation or a convert from an old chart?

I have a guitar/drum custom of it already, and I only want to play guitar, and I'm not sure if they're two different versions or you only changed the drums or something

I updated the drums to pro and 2 pedal. The guitar is untouched

#18 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 11:50 PM

circle of cysquatch doesn't seem to work, says the song data is unavailable/restarts the session. maybe that's just me though

the part before the solo in crystal skull with scott kelly is charted wrong but that's just a fanboy complaint, i doubt many will notice or care :). nice work though man, it's especially nice to have a single pedal version of capillarian crest since I'm still stuck with just one

circle of cysqatch is messed up. I had it working in single pedal but now its not. I'm going to work on it. I'll take a look at Crystal skull. Accuracy is paramount :)

#19 Chips

Chips
  • 415 posts

Posted August 19, 2014 - 12:05 AM

it's not too off, just missing a bit of accuracy on the toms. there's a vid on youtube of brann playing it, at the start here

also shows him playing capillarian crest's bridge which is badass as hell

#20 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 04:23 PM

updated 8/23

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genesis, Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Pro drums, pro keys, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Google (1)