AJFOne's Customs 4/24 Mastodon Monday - Ghost of Karelia; Chicago Chronicles Finale - Liberation; Frank Zappa - The Little House I Used to Live In

Genesis Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Pro drums pro keys Iced Earth Frank Zappa

• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#681 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 256 posts

Posted January 7, 2017 - 02:27 AM

Thank you for all your hard work, love these classic tracks.

#682 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 7, 2017 - 06:09 AM

Thank you for all your hard work, love these classic tracks.

You're welcome :)

#683 Mandrag

Mandrag
  • 119 posts

Posted January 7, 2017 - 10:59 AM

Amazed that you are still putting out fantastic Chicago tracks. Bravo!

#684 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,205 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted January 7, 2017 - 05:55 PM

LATEST UPDATE 1/6 - Chicago CTA 2 pack

CTA_RBsmall.jpg

You can't spell "CTA" without "CETERA"

#685 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:01 PM

Composiciones-Stevie-Wonder.jpg

LATEST UPDATE 1/11 Wonder Wednesday - Too High

Welcome to Wonder Wednesday where you'll see a new Stevie Wonder song for the next few months. Enjoy the wonder of Stevie.

TbEAKOO.jpg
Video Preview

5 LANE KEYSMrBurpler

"Too High" is  a jazzy number about the pitfalls of using drugs. On the first verse he sings of a woman smoking weed. He notes that, “She takes another puff and says, ‘It's a crazy scene.’/ That red is green/ And she's a tangerine.” Clearly, she’s high. Though the track swings with doo-wops and high-hats bopping throughout, Wonder ends the party on a lyrical sour note: “Did you hear the news about the girl today,” he asks. “She passed away/ What did her friend say?/ They said she's too high…”

#686 rcale

rcale
  • 226 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:39 PM

Wonder Wednesday is an amazing idea! Thank you. And double thanks for 'Too High'. One of my favourite Stevie tunes. :)

#687 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:53 PM

Wonder Wednesday is an amazing idea! Thank you. And double thanks for 'Too High'. One of my favourite Stevie tunes. :)

thanks man. There may only be guitar in a few of these songs but the bass lines more than make up for it. Stevie played most of the instruments from his golden period (72-76). And don't worry I didn't ignore guitar parts. There is no guitar on most of the songs from this era. I verified this in the credits and repeated listens.

#688 rcale

rcale
  • 226 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 06:27 PM

'...the bass lines more than make up for it.'

You're talking my language. ;)

#689 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 474 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 06:42 PM

Knocking 'em outta the ballpark, my man! Outstanding choice from 'Innervisions'.

With picks likes this, I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation and excitement of what else you have in store!

Oh man! This year is starting off great with customs. THANK YOU!!! :D

You may think the stuff I bring is 'cheesy' but ask yourself this......is it american or is it brie?

#690 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 01:23 AM

Knocking 'em outta the ballpark, my man! Outstanding choice from 'Innervisions'.

With picks likes this, I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation and excitement of what else you have in store!

Oh man! This year is starting off great with customs. THANK YOU!!! :D

Yes sir. There'll be some deep cuts and a hit or two but it'll all be wonderful  :D

#691 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 04:00 PM

LATEST UPDATE 1/13 Frank Zappa - Andy

AxcHjKk.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: nsw1-6

Frank Zappa often stated that, except when he had something political to say, he approached lyrics as a necessity in a business where instrumental music is considered worthless. His disdain for lyrics can be best exemplified by "Andy" in which words amount to absolutely nothing. The singer stretches a handful of lines, repeating them ad nauseam, going from one meaningless sentence to the next. The opening diptych "Is there anything good inside of you/If there is I really wanna know" seems to taunt the listener, as does this other one: "Do you know what I'm really telling you/Is it something that you can understand." Then, as if trying to illustrate how inane some songs can be, Zappa launches in an absurdly empty passage: "Andy de vine/Had a thong rind/It was sublime/But the wrong kind." Luckily, the music of "Andy" is much more interesting. Fast figures in 9/8 alternate with a straight 4/4, but even in those moments there are many rhythmical plays and shifts in arrangements. The complexity of the piece and its final guitar solo and buildup work as the lyrics' antithesis.

#692 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 06:48 PM

LATEST UPDATE 1/14 - Chicago III 2 pack

8tkmXXT.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: bsbloom

5 LANE KEYSBansheeflyer

This beautiful beatlesesque love song featuring great harmonies and split lead vocals between Peter Cetera and Robert Lamm.

fiKhx0b.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: bsbloom

5 LANE KEYSBansheeflyer

A blues rocker with an almost constant soloing from Terry Kath talks about loving someone for themselves regardless how well off they are. Robert Lamm seems to imitate Ray Charles with his vocal delivery.

#693 rcale

rcale
  • 226 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 08:01 PM

Just a quick one to say that I never liked 'You Are The Sunshine...'. At all. It was cheesy. And the sort of thing played during the meal at a wedding party.

And then I sat down and played it in RB3. And so actually really listened to it (because that's what happens when you play songs in RB3). And now I love it.

So thanks for that. :)

#694 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 08:09 PM

Just a quick one to say that I never liked 'You Are The Sunshine...'. At all. It was cheesy. And the sort of thing played during the meal at a wedding party.

And then I sat down and played it in RB3. And so actually really listened to it (because that's what happens when you play songs in RB3). And now I love it.

So thanks for that. :)

Same here. Not that I didn't like the song but I never thought it would be any fun to play on drums and then when I charted it I was wowed. This song is also a brilliant example of the difference between 70's music and 80's music. If you swapped this song with I Just Called to Say I Love You Sunshine would have a boring drum machine and repetitive bass line but in the 70's musicians played together and brought their chops and individuality to songs that will sadly never be repeated again due to the nature of technology.

#695 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,797 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 08:10 PM

You got a couple of amazing projects going on here. :)

#696 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 15, 2017 - 12:07 AM

You got a couple of amazing projects going on here. :)

d507b8828ef5aea2b162bffca4438edb.jpg

#697 rcale

rcale
  • 226 posts

Posted January 15, 2017 - 09:20 AM

It'd be an insta-1 star for 'I Just Called...' by the way. ;)

#698 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 05:49 PM

Composiciones-Stevie-Wonder.jpg

LATEST UPDATE 1/18 Wonder Wednesday - Creepin'

Welcome to Wonder Wednesday where you'll see a new Stevie Wonder song for the next few months. Enjoy the wonder of Stevie.

eKRlZmt.jpg
Video Preview

5 LANE KEYSMrBurpler

On Creepin' with each slush of the hi-hat on every upbeat during the chorus, the pendulum swings back and forth before your eyes, hastening your descent in a longing trance. The hypnotic cipher of ARP synthesizer chords incites a state of indifferent consciousness: being able to vividly imagine oneself in the arms of your desired lover while also getting swept in a hazy, swaying undercurrent of uncertainty. The harmonica solo sounds like lonely weeping, humanized by the twain of its long notes. Stevie’s despondent vocal delivery of his lyrics evokes the melancholy that comes with unrequited love:

“When I sleep at night, baby/I feel those moments of ecstasy/
When you sleep at night, baby/I wonder do I creep into your dreams/
Or could it be I sleep alone in my fantasy?”

The presence of Minnie Riperton’s lush, sensuous soprano serenely adjacent to Stevie’s voice brings a layer of hopefulness to an otherwise hopeless happening.

#699 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 474 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 06:54 PM

N-I-I-I-C-C-E!

Not only am I gonna be diggin' this tune,

That was a hell of a smooth write up on the song description......settin' up the groove, bro....settin' it up! :cool:

Thanks again for another Wonder-ful Wednesday! :D

You may think the stuff I bring is 'cheesy' but ask yourself this......is it american or is it brie?

#700 rcale

rcale
  • 226 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 08:00 PM

Yes! Wonder Wednesday delivers again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genesis, Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Pro drums, pro keys, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)