AJFOne's Customs 4/24 Mastodon Monday - Ghost of Karelia; Chicago Chronicles Finale - Liberation; Frank Zappa - The Little House I Used to Live In

Genesis Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Pro drums pro keys Iced Earth Frank Zappa

• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#21 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,797 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the great new stuff. :) One quick thing: please don't use the Convert badge for conversion from customs, that badge is intended for songs converted from other official games/releases. ;)

#22 PopGoesRockBand

PopGoesRockBand
  • 800 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 05:35 PM

Genesis Woah nice job and one of my fav's but so so many more genesis / phill collins / peter gabriel one day one day....

#23 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 05:45 PM

Genesis Woah nice job and one of my fav's but so so many more genesis / phill collins / peter gabriel one day one day....

I'm working on it. I'm just waiting for assistance on vocals for a few tracks and time to work on the others.

#24 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the great new stuff. :) One quick thing: please don't use the Convert badge for conversion from customs, that badge is intended for songs converted from other official games/releases. ;)

I feel like it's appropriate especially when there are full band customs for FOF but if you insist :sweatdrop:

#25 wreckem27

wreckem27
  • 215 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 05:48 PM

Dance on a Volcano! One of the songs that really got me into prog. Thank you!

#26 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock
  • 477 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 07:07 PM

Any Genesis is good Genesis.

They hand me my ass every time, but regardless, many thanks.

Roland Drums | Gibraltar Rack & Hardware | Pearl / Hercules Stands | M-Audio Keyboards | Charts by Harmonix, C3 & Me
░    WiP : Hiatus   ░▒▓█ 

#27 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,797 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 08:04 PM

I feel like it's appropriate especially when there are full band customs for FOF but if you insist :sweatdrop:

You can feel it's appropriate but we have designed the badge for that specific reason so it's only appropriate in that situation. ;) Also, you haven't posted full band customs anyway.

#28 PopGoesRockBand

PopGoesRockBand
  • 800 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 08:14 PM

Here you go AJFOne Posted Image < Replace this image in C3CONToolsv349\res
and call it convert.png
and then people wont need to pick faults with everything they can find like every post / thread is a portait of the Mona Lisa

#29 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,797 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 08:19 PM

Here you go AJFOne Posted Image < Replace this image in C3CONToolsv349\res

and then people wont need to pick faults with everything they can find like every post / thread is a portait of the Mona Lisa

I suggest you change the attitude very quickly because *we* have provided the tools to create the Visualizer images so that songs information were correctly represented. Misuse of our tools is an issue, it's not a matter of needing to pick faults. Subgenre and art quality are minor things that author can freely ignore and authors are also protected by our rules from being bossied into doing work they don't want to do. Misusing our tools to misrepresented songs, as you just did with your songs, on the other hand is something we don't like at all because we want our community to be able to trust the standardized images authors who use our tools can produce. So, please change your images so that your users don't download a song believing it's the original, and AJFOne please change yours so your users don't download a song thinking it was released for another game.

#30 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,678 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 08:37 PM

What the point of each badge on Visualizer is for is very clearly explained in the tips that pop up when you place your mouse over one of them. No confusion is necessary. And yes, you can customize the badges if you want to use the tools differently. But respect the intended use of the tools.

#31 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 09:19 PM

Didn't mean to start a war. Just trying to spread joy and cheer with my customs :dance:

#32 Chips

Chips
  • 415 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 11:47 PM

I don't know if you're too concerned about your single pedal versions, but I gave em a playthrough since that's all I've got for my rock band drums and thought I'd give you some feedback. Circle of cysquatch's double bass is all still charted (but this is only a problem during the part leading up to the outro), and in the other three mastodon songs there's quick bursts of double bass in between some notes that are way too fast to be hit on a single pedal (but hey, maybe that's just me being bad). The death songs are odd, there's a mix of double bass and properly reduced double bass throughout all three single pedal versions, most noticeably in destiny and in human form ;)

#33 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 01:38 AM

I don't know if you're too concerned about your single pedal versions, but I gave em a playthrough since that's all I've got for my rock band drums and thought I'd give you some feedback. Circle of cysquatch's double bass is all still charted (but this is only a problem during the part leading up to the outro), and in the other three mastodon songs there's quick bursts of double bass in between some notes that are way too fast to be hit on a single pedal (but hey, maybe that's just me being bad). The death songs are odd, there's a mix of double bass and properly reduced double bass throughout all three single pedal versions, most noticeably in destiny and in human form ;)

Yeah I've run into this myself when playing the 1 pedal. I need to redo some songs. I just started doing metal songs so I'm still getting the hang of the reductions. Thanks for the feedback

#34 iammax

iammax
  • 588 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 01:59 AM

So I played Death - The Philosopher on guitar, and while the chart seems good, the spacing of the notes seems way off in a certain way. Sorry if you knew this already. It sounds like the notes (the real actual ones I'm hearing audio of) are equally spaced apart triplets being played like in a 6/8 time style, but the charted notes I am playing on rock band are spaced out like in groups of 3 gallops, with 3 notes then a gap repeating. A lot of the chart is like this. I hope you know what I mean by this, it's kind of hard to describe. Thanks for charting anyway, just wanted to let you know

#35 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 02:25 AM

So I played Death - The Philosopher on guitar, and while the chart seems good, the spacing of the notes seems way off in a certain way. Sorry if you knew this already. It sounds like the notes (the real actual ones I'm hearing audio of) are equally spaced apart triplets being played like in a 6/8 time style, but the charted notes I am playing on rock band are spaced out like in groups of 3 gallops, with 3 notes then a gap repeating. A lot of the chart is like this. I hope you know what I mean by this, it's kind of hard to describe. Thanks for charting anyway, just wanted to let you know

I basically took the FOF chart and made sure it cleared Magma which was an effort believe me. I don't know much about charting guitar or bass. If you or anyone wants the reaper files I'll gladly let you take a look at them

#36 Chips

Chips
  • 415 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 05:08 AM

Yeah I've run into this myself when playing the 1 pedal. I need to redo some songs. I just started doing metal songs so I'm still getting the hang of the reductions. Thanks for the feedback

no problem man, thanks for all the contributions. hope to see more songs from all these artists

#37 JiggleBill

JiggleBill
  • 40 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 11:38 PM

Man I wish I still had a drumkit... Thank you for posting all these drum songs (especially the ones with guitar :D)
I think all of the OD markers on Capillarian Crest guitar are marked as solos. Not complaining but I lold

#38 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 01:51 AM

Man I wish I still had a drumkit... Thank you for posting all these drum songs (especially the ones with guitar :D)
I think all of the OD markers on Capillarian Crest guitar are marked as solos. Not complaining but I lold

You're very welcome. Drumming makes me so happy and charting for rockband allows me to play my favorite songs without having to memorize parts like back in the day. I'm glad others are enjoying my work :)

#39 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted September 6, 2014 - 10:24 AM

Updated 9/6

#40 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,342 posts

Posted September 6, 2014 - 05:05 PM

Stellar releases man. I really love Megadeth's first album. Still prefer the album art from the 1985 original release but its no biggie. Looking forward to drumming to these.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genesis, Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Pro drums, pro keys, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)