AJFOne's Customs 12/13 - Death - Individual Thought Patterns FULL ALBUM

Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Iced Earth Frank Zappa Weird Al Mastodon Chris Cornell

• Please log in to reply
1520 replies to this topic

#1421 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 415 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 04:20 AM

To be honest I had no issues with your Chicago releases. They were all lots of fun to play. It’s your drums only stuff I hope to see you tackle one day.-

#1422 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 12:45 PM

LATEST UPDATE 7/25 - King Crimson - Cirkus

fsjolyX.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: nsw1-6

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

KEYS: MrBurpler

"Cirkus" starts out nicely enough with a jingling piano it starts out but suddenly bursts into a Mellotron lead evil-sounding theme. Guitarist Robert Fripp evocates incredible classical style guitar playing; he spreads his nylon stringed noise throughout the song. The freaky atmosphere, intense instrumental interplay, creepy vocals, image laden lyrics, and Andy McCulloch’s fantastic drumwork combine to make this one of my favorites. And since I just mentioned him: Andy McCulloch. Probably the most underrated drummer Crimson ever had. His jazzy, precise, yet (relatively) subtle style fits the music like a glove, and never fails to impress me.

#1423 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted July 26, 2018 - 07:05 AM

LATEST UPDATE 7/26 - The Guess Who - 969 (The Oldest Man)

2cSt8se.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS/KEYS: bsbloom

"969 (The Oldest Man)" is an instrumental featuring a whole bunch of slide guitars overdubbed until they sound like a horn section, plus a tasty Herbie Mann-style flute solo (played by the versatile Cummings.) It showcases the group's instrumental chops in a much more pleasant way than your typical drum-solo driven muso crap of the time.

#1424 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted July 27, 2018 - 05:18 AM

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

LATEST UPDATE 7/27 - Frank Friday's - Po-Jama People

wx1sITs.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: ghostbyob

BASS: nsw1-6

"The pajama people are boring me to pieces/They make me feel like I am wasting my time." The message is clear: lifeless, dull people are not Frank Zappa's cup of tea. "Po-Jama People" is a text book example of what a two chord rock jam should sound like. Drummer Chester Thompson deserves a lot of credit for keeping the energy pumping on this one with his constant rhythmic variations, while Frank rises to the challenge with one of his best solos ever. Prior to the making of this record Frank had already established himself as a formidable guitarist, but on Pojama People he seems to have a epiphanic breakthrough and plays like a man possessed.

#1425 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted July 28, 2018 - 05:23 AM

01iz4W2.png

LATEST UPDATE 7/28 - Temple of the Dog - Call Me a Dog

T90qY1R.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARmrcoupdetat

“Call Me a Dog” is a vocal driven, sad bluesy ballad which manages to never become mushy or boring.

#1426 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted July 30, 2018 - 05:50 PM

Mastodon monday will be up as soon as C3universe is available again.

#1427 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted July 31, 2018 - 01:21 PM

RgEgmkt.png

LATEST UPDATE 7/30 - Mastodon Monday - Shadows That Move

QTayPe3.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: PhantomBlade8

Shadows That Move is a great intro song to the album Call of the Mastodon. The vocals are great as a growl and they add to the whole song. The guitars in this sing are epic, very heavy and also fast at times. The drumming is amazing as usual with Dailor, and the bass backs everything up well.

#1428 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 06:35 AM

LATEST UPDATE 8/1 - The Guess Who - Grey Day

Mr1gQc3.jpg
Video Preview

BASS: bsbloom

STANDARD KEYSBansheeflyer

The jazz-rock of 'Grey Day' keep you on your toes with extremely impressive musicianship. The outro is a stunning duel between guitar and drums.

#1429 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 3, 2018 - 03:50 PM

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

LATEST UPDATE 8/3 - Frank Friday's - Road Ladies

enol5Hy.jpg
Video Preview

BASS: ejthedj

"Road Ladies" is a blues-rock song and the first Zappa track featuring the vocal talents of ex-Turtles Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman and the song that introduced the whole "life on the road" cycle that would obsess the guitarist for two years and lead him to his first completed movie: 200 Motels.

#1430 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 415 posts

Posted August 3, 2018 - 04:58 PM

In general I find the Blues songs to be a lot of fun to play with plastic guitars!! Thanks.

#1431 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 4, 2018 - 02:09 PM

01iz4W2.png

LATEST UPDATE 8/4 - Temple of the Dog - Your Saviour

GubuRj7.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARmrcoupdetat

BASS: TheWay123

“Your Savior” features funky beats and grooves throughout with fantastic drumming. It's an underrated slice of blues-rock.

#1432 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 7, 2018 - 04:30 PM

RgEgmkt.png

LATEST UPDATE 8/7 - Mastodon Monday - Elephant Man

EQf8Mj0.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/DRUMS: Chips

Elephant Man is an 8 minute instrumental that closes out the end of the album. The guitars layer on each other with hyper melodic solo licks and a bass part that subtly keeps it together. The drums are slowed down here and are still precise with original beats. This song features solos that are intensely melodic and again show that control and originality that distinguishes this album from typical sludge metal. The song closes out with a long silence and the sound of pouring rain, adding ambiance and they truly make the song complete.

#1433 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 8, 2018 - 03:21 PM

LATEST UPDATE 8/8 - The Guess Who - Laughing

Laughing_rb3con_visual.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: bsbloom

"Laughing" peaked at #1 on the Canadian Singles Chart and at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the band's second single to reach the Top 10 on the latter. It also became their second of three gold records.

#1434 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 781 posts

Posted August 8, 2018 - 10:46 PM

Amazing song, thanks!

#1435 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 10, 2018 - 02:30 PM

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

LATEST UPDATE 8/10 - Frank Friday's - Oh No/Son of Orange County

63QpdaJ.jpg
Video Preview

BASS: ejthedj

#1436 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 11, 2018 - 08:13 AM

01iz4W2.png

LATEST UPDATE 8/11 - Temple of the Dog - Wooden Jesus

VYCgcy6.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARmrcoupdetat

BASS: doa

“Wooden Jesus” is built on a revolving drum beat by Cameron with some strategically added percussion for extra effect in the intro. Later comes an interesting little banjo during second verse and great wah-wah guitar lead during the bridge.

#1437 rcale

rcale
  • 411 posts

Posted August 11, 2018 - 07:26 PM

Killer track. Thank you!

P.S. woodblocks are the best.

#1438 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 13, 2018 - 05:58 AM

RgEgmkt.png

LATEST UPDATE 8/13 - Mastodon Monday - Slickleg

0JPiN4g.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: PhantomBlade8

"Slickleg" is a mammoth – pun intended – of a track that goes everywhere, from an acoustic intro to a traditional metal riff, blastbeats, post-rock ambiances and back again, all in the space of four short minutes. Beckoning a mammoth trapped in ice while squelching acoustic tendencies with immediate, squealing thrash riffs and drums rolling starboard.

#1439 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 16, 2018 - 03:45 PM

LATEST UPDATE 8/16 - The Guess Who - Bus Rider

VFbhydu.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: bsbloom

“Bus Rider” was penned by guitarist Kurt Winter as a fifties-style rocker with seventies-style rock riffs to make it overall fun musically.

#1440 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,849 posts

Posted August 17, 2018 - 03:22 AM

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

LATEST UPDATE 8/17 - Frank Friday's - Bobby Brown

SSYwwwI.jpg
Video Preview

HARMONIES/VENUE: AJFOne23

Audio Source Lineage: 1978 Analog Master -> 2012 Remaster/UMe CD -> EAC v.99(?) -> .WAV -> Audacity (Volume/EQ adjustment)

Probably the only Frank Zappa song to be banned from radio airplay, this little single is probably amongst Zappa's most (and mundanely) performed tracks live. The story entails your average middle American man, Bobby, being the stereotypical male chauvanistic pig on his quest to become an over-educated shit-head. He is the American Dream. While in his studies, he comes across a product of second-wave feminism, a lesbian named Freddie, who convinces and assists him in his own castration. He is the American Dream. Now a eunuch, Bobby has gone into the entertainment biz, though many are unaware to his sexual proclivites. In the end, he descends into more sexually depraved acts, such as sitting on the Tower of Power. He is the American Dream and he's going down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa, Weird Al, Mastodon, Chris Cornell

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)