AJFOne's Customs 1/21 - Pantera - Heresy; Frank Zappa - Packard Goose; Stevie Wonder - Creepin'; Chicago III 2 pack

Genesis Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Pro drums pro keys Iced Earth Frank Zappa

• Please log in to reply
710 replies to this topic

#1 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 01:24 PM

LATEST UPDATE 1/21 - Pantera - Heresy

ZiQnhXb.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Puppetz

LATEST UPDATE 1/20 Frank Zappa - Packard Goose

aa9mTjL.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: nsw1-6

"Packard Goose" officially appeared on the 1979 album Joe's Garage, but some of its parts were used on-stage as early as October 1975. The piece is more of a suite than a cohesive song. The title refers to the ornament of a defunct car model.
The story line: music has been made illegal by the government. Joe, coming out of jail, started to dream the guitar solos he couldn't play anymore. Now he is able to dream up complete songs, including lyrics, and even dream of a rock music press he can spit at. The song feels more autobiographical than anything else on the album, Joe's attacks on rock journalists echoing Zappa's own thoughts on the subject. This part of the piece follows a fast tempo. Things boil down and a delicate melody reminiscent of the main motif in "Outside Now" precedes the re-entrance of Mary who reads the verse that became one of Zappa fans' favorite: "Information is not knowledge/Knowledge is not wisdom/ Wisdom is not truth/Truth is not beauty/Beauty is not love/Love is not music/Music is THE BEST." This recitation was premiered as part of the instrumental piece "Black Napkins" in 1975 and turned out to be the most moving moment of the tribute concert Zappa's Universe. The piece then drifts into yet another xenochronous guitar solo. A short reprise of the main theme leads to a complete change of pace as the song becomes a '50s doo wop spoof.

Composiciones-Stevie-Wonder.jpg

LATEST UPDATE 1/18 Wonder Wednesday - Creepin'

Welcome to Wonder Wednesday where you'll see a new Stevie Wonder song for the next few months. Enjoy the wonder of Stevie.

eKRlZmt.jpg
Video Preview

5 LANE KEYSMrBurpler

On Creepin' with each slush of the hi-hat on every upbeat during the chorus, the pendulum swings back and forth before your eyes, hastening your descent in a longing trance. The hypnotic cipher of ARP synthesizer chords incites a state of indifferent consciousness: being able to vividly imagine oneself in the arms of your desired lover while also getting swept in a hazy, swaying undercurrent of uncertainty. The harmonica solo sounds like lonely weeping, humanized by the twain of its long notes. Stevie’s despondent vocal delivery of his lyrics evokes the melancholy that comes with unrequited love:

“When I sleep at night, baby/I feel those moments of ecstasy/
When you sleep at night, baby/I wonder do I creep into your dreams/
Or could it be I sleep alone in my fantasy?”

The presence of Minnie Riperton’s lush, sensuous soprano serenely adjacent to Stevie’s voice brings a layer of hopefulness to an otherwise hopeless happening.

LATEST UPDATE 1/14 - Chicago III 2 pack

Chicago_III_SM.jpg

8tkmXXT.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: bsbloom

5 LANE KEYSBansheeflyer

This beautiful beatlesesque love song featuring great harmonies and split lead vocals between Peter Cetera and Robert Lamm.

fiKhx0b.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: bsbloom

5 LANE KEYSBansheeflyer

A blues rocker with an almost constant soloing from Terry Kath talks about loving someone for themselves regardless how well off they are. Robert Lamm seems to imitate Ray Charles with his vocal delivery.

CHICAGO (THE CHICAGO CHRONICLES)

Chicago Transit Authority (1969)

Chicago II (1970)

Chicago III (1971)

Chicago V (1972)

Chicago VI (1973)

Chicago VII (1974)

Chicago VIII (1975)

Chicago X (1976)

Chicago XI (1977)

Hot Streets (1978)

Chicago 13 (1979)

Chicago 14 (1980)

Chicago 16 (1982)

Chicago 17 (1984)

Chicago 18 (1986)

Chicago 19 (1988)

#2 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 01:26 PM

FULL/PARTIAL BAND SONGS

CLASSIC ROCK

FRANK ZAPPA

1969-74

1976-1984

1979 Joe's Garage

GENESIS

ICED EARTH

1991 Night of the Stormrider

1995 Burnt Offerings

Singles

JAZZ

MASTODON

2002 Remission

2004 Leviathan

2006 Blood Mountain

2009 Crack the Skye

2011 The Hunter

METAL

PANTERA

ROCK

STEVIE WONDER

DRUMS ONLY

CLASSIC ROCK

FRANK ZAPPA

JAZZ

#3 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock
  • 455 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 01:40 PM

Boy howdy! I've been waiting for some Genesis in RB since 2009! :)

Roland Drums | Gibraltar Rack & Hardware | Pearl / Hercules Stands | M-Audio Keyboards | Charts by Harmonix, C3 & Me
░    WiP : Blues Traveler - Run-Around   ░▒▓█ 

#4 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,273 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 06:02 PM

Glad to see you dont need handle bars no more when making customs. You have made it through the hell of Magma errors. Looking forward to playing these songs.

#5 Chips

Chips
  • 348 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 08:57 PM

Awesome seeing some genesis in RB finally, and plans on doing more 70's genesis tracks?

#6 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 09:00 PM

Awesome seeing some genesis in RB finally, and plans on doing more 70's genesis tracks?

Definitely. There are a lot of FOF versions out there that I will be converting. Saves me a ton of work lol. Glad you're enjoying the tunes :)

#7 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 10:31 PM

Oh heck, I just realized Too High gives album sorting to Innervisions!

#8 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 11:16 PM

what do you mean?

#9 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 02:40 AM

what do you mean?

I mean that if you own the officially released DLC songs "Higher Ground" and "Living for the City," that they, along with your custom should make 3 songs from that album, the number that appear album-sorted in game.

It's not a big thing, but I like seeing it.

#10 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 02:59 AM

I see. Works for me lol

#11 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 01:27 PM

There is a real embarrassment of riches with drum customs today. Awesome to see more from Bruce and Stevie, even if it's not stuff I'm familiar with.

#12 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:21 PM

the link of yours is no disgrace is wrong, can you fix it?

#13 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:34 PM

the link of yours is no disgrace is wrong, can you fix it?

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

#14 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,273 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Great update. Mastodon usually never disappoints on drums. I already had a custom of Capillarian Crest but don't remember if it had pro markers or not. I know a few of the Mastodon customs I have doesn't have pro markers so will be great to get rid of them with your versions.

#15 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 07:56 PM

Great update. Mastodon usually never disappoints on drums. I already had a custom of Capillarian Crest but don't remember if it had pro markers or not. I know a few of the Mastodon customs I have doesn't have pro markers so will be great to get rid of them with your versions.

Feel free to make some preview vids :dance:

#16 Chips

Chips
  • 348 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 06:44 AM

a ton of songs from two of my favorite bands, I think I love you dude!

#17 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 03:08 PM

a ton of songs from two of my favorite bands, I think I love you dude!

Lol. No prob man. More to come including collaborations for guitar and vocals.

#18 iammax

iammax
  • 582 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 11:42 PM

Is the guitar chart on capillarian crest a new creation or a convert from an old chart?

I have a guitar/drum custom of it already, and I only want to play guitar, and I'm not sure if they're two different versions or you only changed the drums or something

#19 Chips

Chips
  • 348 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 11:42 PM

circle of cysquatch doesn't seem to work, says the song data is unavailable/restarts the session. maybe that's just me though

the part before the solo in crystal skull with scott kelly is charted wrong but that's just a fanboy complaint, i doubt many will notice or care :). nice work though man, it's especially nice to have a single pedal version of capillarian crest since I'm still stuck with just one

#20 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 11:48 PM

Is the guitar chart on capillarian crest a new creation or a convert from an old chart?

I have a guitar/drum custom of it already, and I only want to play guitar, and I'm not sure if they're two different versions or you only changed the drums or something

I updated the drums to pro and 2 pedal. The guitar is untouched

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genesis, Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Pro drums, pro keys, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users