AJFOne's Customs 11/16 GENESIS CHRONICLES ANNIVERSARY 6 PACK

Genesis Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Pro drums pro keys Iced Earth Frank Zappa

• Please log in to reply
1133 replies to this topic

#1121 ShredHat

ShredHat
  • 22 posts

Posted November 1, 2017 - 03:56 AM

Now that we're minutes away from the end of October, let me take the time to say something that I've waited all month to say. Allow me to congratulate and commend you, AJF, and all your collaborators on this massive and amazing project! These past 31 days have seen some wonderful and surprising releases on top of all the other customs that came out this month! You all should feel very proud of this achievement, and I say thank you! Happy Halloween everyone! Stay warm and sleep well. Oh, and don't party too hard!

#1122 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,515 posts

Posted November 1, 2017 - 11:25 AM

LATEST UPDATE 11/01 METAL MONTH DAY #32 Death - The Sound of Perseverance FULL ALBUM

OMjVUsR.png

This was supposed to be for yesterday but better late than never. I've intended to do this for 3 years now but with other projects pushing it to the back burner it never worked out. Now finally I bring you the final Death album "The Sound of Perseverance" in full band glory. Everything was redone from the tempo maps to the drum charts. No stone was left unturned. Enjoy!

nqk8jnP.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Meander

BASS: EchoOfMystery

VOCALS: kueller

DRUMS: MrBurpler

yPpfJOQ.jpg
Video Preview

DRUMSKloporte

Zn4okQQ.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Puppetz

8vAyEnE.jpg
Video Preview

DRUMSKloporte

6nQ7y8i.jpg
Video Preview

DRUMSKloporte

uf9IJgw.jpg
Video Preview

Xtbut9y.jpg
Video Preview

n0QgzIC.jpg

Video Preview

#1123 kueller

kueller
  • 45 posts

Posted November 1, 2017 - 11:37 AM

I've been eagerly awaiting this one! I'm glad to have been a part of this release, and can't wait to play it.

#1124 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,515 posts

Posted November 3, 2017 - 07:21 PM

Now that we're minutes away from the end of October, let me take the time to say something that I've waited all month to say. Allow me to congratulate and commend you, AJF, and all your collaborators on this massive and amazing project! These past 31 days have seen some wonderful and surprising releases on top of all the other customs that came out this month! You all should feel very proud of this achievement, and I say thank you! Happy Halloween everyone! Stay warm and sleep well. Oh, and don't party too hard!

Now that I've had time to sleep I wanted to stop and say thank you to everyone involved with this massive project. Literally I had a thought one day in early august to do a month long customs bonanza and presented it to a few people. I had no idea how many people would step up and help my crazy idea come to life. After all was said and done I and 29 authors brought 79 new songs into the game. That wasn't even everything I had planned. I just ran out of time. I'm so thankful to everyone involved. They are listed below :

spiralshadow123 - 7
oddbrother - 3
EchoOfMystery - 50
ghostbyob - 11
Meta123 - 2
Septakka - 3
mrcoupdetat - 4
Sygenysis - 9
Emotional Flight - 1
MrPrezident - 5
Froogzer - 1
Rocker1999 - 3
naginalJJ - 10
onyxite - 1
Alternity - 2
kueller - 12
Atruejedi - 1
funkydunkleman - 1
RealCheese - 1
MrBurpler - 6
Freewaymad - 1
m1999 - 1
StackOverflow0x - 1
TheSheepQueen - 2
Bansheeflyer - 2
AllFleshIsEquakWhenBurnt - 1
raphaelgoulart - 3
wingsoveramerica - 1
Kloporte - 3

I want to give a special shout out to EchoOfMystery who was always there for me in a pinch. Truly you were the MVP. I love the C3 community and I'm so grateful to have worked with all of you. Here's to many more customs in the future. Cheers everyone!

#1125 EchoOfMystery

EchoOfMystery
  • 31 posts

Posted November 3, 2017 - 07:35 PM

Fifty? Heck, I wasn't even counting.  :haw:  Thank you for letting me be part of it.  :rock:

#1126 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 150 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 10:57 PM

Thank you all for a great month!

#1127 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 105 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 11:11 PM

Was pretty incredible. Great job to you all and special thanks to AJ for a massive undertaking of organization. Truly unique.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#1128 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,515 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 07:21 PM

thanks guys. I'm still in recovery mode 

#1129 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,515 posts

Posted November 16, 2017 - 10:56 PM

LATEST UPDATE 11/16 GENESIS CHRONICLES ANNIVERSARY 6 PACK

FYckbaw.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: nsw1-6

BASS/VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

STANDARD KEYS: MrBurpler

'Seven Stones' wouldn't have sounded too out of place on From Genesis To Revelation, starting off as a sort of twisted take on an early Bee Gees ballad before heading into Moody Blues territory, with 'aahed' backing vocals and huge biblical chord changes which would have fitted well with the concept of that failed debut. The King Crimson mellotron is used to dramatic effect.

b4lsO8a.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS/DRUMS/VOX: nsw1-6
STANDARD KEYS/HARM2: Drihscol

UPDATE: Added venue and fixed drums.

The fairly straightforward 'Time Table' follows and works with nice, classical sounding Piano as the main backing for a commercial vocal melody and a strong chorus hook from Peter. Genesis would go on to have the first of many hit singles as part of the following years 'Selling England By The Pound' record. 'Time Table' wasn't a hit but proved Genesis could work equally well doing nine minute prog epics or shorter, more tightly melodic rock songs.

XHLW6hb.jpg
Video Preview

FRETS: nsw1-6

"Get 'Em Out By Friday," from 1972's Foxtrot, tells the whimsical sci-fi tale of Genetic Control, a group regulating "humanoid height" in order to fit more people into apartment complexes. But, as usual with prog-era Genesis, the words aren't too important. The track's true strength is its dynamic ensemble playing: Gabriel's throaty roar, Tony Banks' searing organ, Mike Rutherford's galloping bass guitar. 

UiwDfeX.jpg
Video Preview

STANDARD KEYS/DRUMS: MrBurpler

The instrumental piece "Wot Gorilla?"'s title: the gorilla in question could be Chester Thompson (even though he does not play drums on the album, he will join Genesis for the 1977 tour). While Thompson played in Frank Zappa's band (until the end of 1976), he earned the nickname "Gorilla" (the best-known reference to this can be found in Zappa's song "Florentine Pogen," where the lyrics include the line "Chester's Gorilla," the gorilla in question allegedly being a particularly ugly groupie infatuated with the drummer).

LxTc03g.jpg
Video Preview

BASS/GUITAR: nsw1-6

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

jBOqweZ.jpg
Video Preview

BASS/VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

Another keyboard intro to an uptempo song with few surprises. Note the groovy little breaks after the choruses and the interesting rhythms in the fade-out. One can clearly hear the fine background choirs Collins would use frequently and successfully in years to come. 

lVuxGxP.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS/VOCALSnsw1-6

From a progressive rock fan's point of view, "The Lady Lies" is certainly the most exciting song on Genesis' And Then There Were Three. An allegory on a woman's power over a man, it tells the story of a knight who is lured by a demon lady to her house and enters, never to leave again. The song is written in a fast 12/8 time signature which feels like an even faster 3/4 at times. It is driven by a relentless and bouncy rhythm section reminiscent of old Genesis favorites, including a busy bass line.

#1130 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 324 posts

Posted November 17, 2017 - 01:31 AM

Thank you. I love classic 70s Genesis. It’s going to be an awesome weekend.

#1131 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 559 posts

Posted November 17, 2017 - 02:08 AM

+7 for me.  I'm lovin' it! :)

░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  |  Feedback  |  WiP : Steely Dan - Haitian Divorce   ░▒▓█ 

#1132 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,515 posts

Posted November 17, 2017 - 02:40 AM

+7 for me.  I'm lovin' it! :)

Sorry but I ran out of time for Mad Mad Moon. Next year I promise :)

#1133 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 602 posts

Posted November 17, 2017 - 06:02 PM

Heeyyy, sweet 6 pak! Thanks very much, AJFOne & crew! :rock:

Ain't got no skills as an author...

and I'm certainly not a mod,

I just bring good karma & cheap laughs....

mixed in with some of my 'odd'! :D

#1134 rawsewage

rawsewage
  • 96 posts

Posted November 17, 2017 - 10:29 PM

Awesome pack!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genesis, Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Pro drums, pro keys, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users