AJFOne's Customs 10/31 - METAL MONTH 2 - Day 31: Megadeth - Prince of Darkness

Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Iced Earth Frank Zappa Weird Al Mastodon Chris Cornell

• Please log in to reply
1513 replies to this topic

#1381 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 914 posts

Posted May 23, 2018 - 03:49 PM

I didn't get to properly thank you and mrcoupdetat earlier for this fine work!

Thanks guys! I have to agree with revazakili, this album was monster for me as well!

If I appear to be a little "off center", pay it no mind.

It's just my nogrognophobia kicking in.................

I have this morbidly unreasonable fear that the rum's run out! :D

#1382 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted June 11, 2018 - 03:37 PM

I've got some announcements about future releases for fans and collaborators of mine. I want to apologize for lack of output lately. It hasn't been due to plans for songs. I've got enough of those for years to come but between school and personal drama I've been unable to maintain my output. I had some packs planned but I think at this point it's best to due weekly single releases. My goal is to do at least one release of my own as well as helping with releases for other authors that I've promised. If I can do more then great but at least you'll be getting something instead of a bunch of nothing.

#1383 rcale

rcale
  • 410 posts

Posted June 11, 2018 - 05:07 PM

Hope everything is ok. And whatever you produce will be gratefully received.

#1384 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 634 posts

Posted June 11, 2018 - 07:45 PM

You're already a community legend and have absolutely spoiled all of us for a long, long time. And you're right, decreased output is better than no output! So handle your business. We'll still be here :wub:

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#1385 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 364 posts

Posted June 11, 2018 - 11:04 PM

Everything those two gentlemen above me already said. You have put out a fantastic body of work. Both in contributions to the site as well as in output for the game. You have released enough customs for several people to retire on with a sense of satisfaction. Take your time and take care

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#1386 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 335 posts

Posted June 12, 2018 - 12:53 AM

Bah! Look at everyone letting you off easy. Not me...get back to work slacker!!  J/K, you know you're the bomb. One a week plus contribution? I guess you'll just have to settle for above average instead of interstellar. ;-)

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#1387 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted June 12, 2018 - 10:33 AM

I want to apologize for lack of output lately. It hasn't been due to plans for songs.

Mate I can't believe you're actually apologizing... you're one of the legends of this place even if you never release another song. You just finished one of the most brilliant and ambitious projects seen here (even though I'm not a Weird Al fan personally, I can see just how impressive your project was). You were a part of so many cool releases. (And you introduced me to the Lemon Twigs! so thanks for that). So yeah if you need to take a break or tone it down, no problem. I believe I'm speaking on behalf of everyone here, we're grateful for all you've done and we'll be happy to take whatever you release.

Hope everything will work itself out in your life!

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#1388 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 03:36 PM

Thanks guys for the kind words. I've also been taking my health much more seriously and that's taking a lot of my free time. But don't worry I'll find a happy balance. I'll have something out this weekend

#1389 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted June 15, 2018 - 06:11 AM

LATEST UPDATE 6/14 - Soundgarden - Beyond the Wheel

UdVCWYR.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARBansheeflyer/naginalJJ

BASS: FUGGNUTZ

#1390 rcale

rcale
  • 410 posts

Posted June 15, 2018 - 06:04 PM

Niiiice.

#1391 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 914 posts

Posted June 18, 2018 - 07:57 PM

Even if you were to stop posting anything else for release..... The work you and your crew have done for this community is a landmark.

I'm confident that you will find a nice balance and all will fall into a good positive groove for you! Just keep paddling for that wave....that sweet ride is just around the corner!  :D  :cool:  :rock:

Thanks for more Soundgarden, my friend! :D

#1392 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 12:42 AM

Coming soon from AJ and company........

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

#1393 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 413 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 01:21 AM

Awesome...I have Friday on my mind!!

#1394 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 914 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 07:03 AM

Agreed!!!.......

Fridays are gonna be Zappaniacalkrunkalicious!! :rock:  :D

#1395 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 03:52 PM

You can blame a 6 hour podcast where the host goes through all 60 plus albums released in his lifetime for rekindling my enthusiasm :D

#1396 Dangus

Dangus
  • 391 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 08:12 PM

great idea! his songs are fun in RB!  :rock:  :D

#1397 rcale

rcale
  • 410 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 08:29 PM

Fraidays?
Frappadays?
FraZap Fridays?

None of these are working.

#1398 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 413 posts

Posted June 21, 2018 - 04:21 AM

You can blame a 6 hour podcast where the host goes through all 60 plus albums released in his lifetime for rekindling my enthusiasm :D

Can you share the name of the podcast. Thanks.

#1399 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted June 21, 2018 - 04:28 AM

Can you share the name of the podcast. Thanks.

https://consequenceo...-fillmore-east/

#1400 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted June 22, 2018 - 10:21 PM

LATEST UPDATE 6/22 - Frank Friday's - Zoot Allures, Inca Roads FIXfrank-zappa-banner.jpg

JT1zar5.jpg
Video Preview

ALL INSTRUMENTS: nsw1-6

Audio Source Lineage: 1976 Analog Master -> 2012 Bob Ludwig Remaster ->  UMe CD -> WAV -> Audacity (for EQ and Normalizing) -> WAV
Additional Notes: And here we have one of the final missing "signature tunes" of Zappa's personal discretion, one of his many solo vehicles performed live. First introduced as a set of chords in some late '74 Mothers performances, Zappa tweezed the composition and fleshed it out by late '75, recording it in the studio for the "Night of the Iron Sausage" double LP (later spliced down to what was later known as Zoot Allures). He then immediately put it on the backbruner, rarely touching it live until the 1981-82 tours, where he resurrected it as a standard until 1984, where only on the Last Tour were there some sporadic performances, the last known being June 7th 1988.

H94kXiq.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: nsw1-6

5 LANE KEYSBansheeflyer

UPDATE 6/22: Fixed guitar, drums, and outro vocals phrasing error.

"Inca Roads" is one of Frank Zappa's most cherished, covered, and appreciated pieces. It allied his ability to write a catchy song with his mastery of complex music forms, making it a favorite among progressive rock fans (who are not always kind for the man's music) and virtuoso ensembles. The lyrics begin on a UFO theme: "Did a vehicle/Come from somewhere out there/Just to land in the Andes?," referring to South American architectural structures some believed were landing sites for flying saucers. But quickly the song takes a dive into "life on the road." The word "vehicle" is replaced by "booger-bear," a title given to the band member who ended up with the ugliest groupie the previous night (which makes it the contrary of "Bwana Dik"). The name of drummer Chester Thompson comes up in regards to that, as it will again under similar circumstances in "Florentine Pogen." The song ends with a tutti "On Ruth!," a wink at percussionist Ruth Underwood's amazing marimba fireworks in the finale.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa, Weird Al, Mastodon, Chris Cornell

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)