AJFOne's Customs 10/31 - METAL MONTH 2 - Day 31: Megadeth - Prince of Darkness

Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Iced Earth Frank Zappa Weird Al Mastodon Chris Cornell

• Please log in to reply
1513 replies to this topic

#1361 TheSheepQueen

TheSheepQueen
  • 638 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 11:01 AM

I somehow always thought Why Does This Always Happen To Me was a style parody of Meatloaf

Thanks a lot for this month, I was happy to help as much as I was able to.

Sheep sheep I'm a beep

#1362 Mandrag

Mandrag
  • 185 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 11:30 AM

Thanks so much to everyone involved in this project. It has been one for the legends!

#1363 corporalgregg

corporalgregg
  • 147 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 11:46 AM

Awesome stuff. Partially bummed my favourite original Al song didn't turn up, but you can't do everything and you went above and beyond. Thanks! Don't flunk out of class!

#1364 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 06:50 PM

Awesome stuff. Partially bummed my favourite original Al song didn't turn up, but you can't do everything and you went above and beyond. Thanks! Don't flunk out of class!

shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do

#1365 CmdrXym

CmdrXym
  • 283 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 07:08 PM

Gotta agree...this was a massive undertaking and is deeply appreciated. Still got a few holes to fill in the collection, but it's getting there.

#1366 fusoyaff2

fusoyaff2
  • 5 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 08:55 PM

Man, what a great job! Good Enough For Now is going to be used at my wedding later this year, so glad it made an appearance. Was still hoping for some Fun Zone, the live jam they do on that song (which on all previous tours was used to open the concerts) is really fun.

#1367 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 10:14 PM

I've still got a list of Al that I didn't have time for so my compadres and I will carry on minus the month long daily format. Just be patient and thank you to all the wonderful authors who signed up and those that stepped up last minute during my hour of need. I appreciate you all and this could not have been done without your selflessness. Go Go C3 Rangers!

#1368 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 914 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 10:16 PM

Outstanding in every way! You kept it weird and and you kept it Al.....Thanks AJFOne and crew! :D  :rock:

If I appear to be a little "off center", pay it no mind.

It's just my nogrognophobia kicking in.................

I have this morbidly unreasonable fear that the rum's run out! :D

#1369 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted May 1, 2018 - 01:18 AM

Good news I got a 90 on my test today so the Alpacalypse did not jeopardize my future  :awesome:

#1370 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,573 posts

Posted May 1, 2018 - 03:21 AM

Congrats on making it through Alpacalypse and scoring high on your exam.  Can't wait to try out "Biggest Ball of Twin in Minnesota".  I can imagine that song must net close to a million points on vocals.  I'll probably be out of breath by the time I reach the end.

#1371 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted May 1, 2018 - 03:27 AM

Congrats on making it through Alpacalypse and scoring high on your exam.  Can't wait to try out "Biggest Ball of Twin in Minnesota".  I can imagine that song must net close to a million points on vocals.  I'll probably be out of breath by the time I reach the end.

I should release the raw take of me recording the dryvox for it. There's a lot of cursing cause I kept fucking up the lines due to the verbose nature of the lyrics and I've been singing this song for decades and I still couldn't match Al  :facepalm:

#1372 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 774 posts

Posted May 1, 2018 - 01:35 PM

There's a lot of cursing cause I kept fucking up the lines due to the verbose nature of the lyrics and I've been singing this song for decades and I still couldn't match Al  :facepalm:

Sure, blame the lyrics. But we all know you just ate too many pickled wieners.

#1373 phanff

phanff
  • 11 posts

Posted May 2, 2018 - 03:20 AM

Abso-freakin-loutely LOVED this month!  Was very sad when I woke up this morning to no new Al...

Probably going to do a Twitch stream of me playing all Al one day.  Not the greatest singer in the world, but it'll be hella fun!

Thanks again SOOOOOOO much!

#1374 iammax

iammax
  • 630 posts

Posted May 6, 2018 - 04:06 PM

I played it on vocals (lots of fun!) and got gold with like 400k. Phrases are long, so the points are kinda low.

#1375 iammax

iammax
  • 630 posts

Posted May 6, 2018 - 04:58 PM

Is the pro keys chart on "one more minute" supposed to be a fake chart which is just the regular keys put on pro? Or is that a mistake? (Thanks for doing all these anyway, Weird Al is lots of fun to sing!)

#1376 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted May 6, 2018 - 09:27 PM

Is the pro keys chart on "one more minute" supposed to be a fake chart which is just the regular keys put on pro? Or is that a mistake? (Thanks for doing all these anyway, Weird Al is lots of fun to sing!)

I just checked the project and the actual pro keys are there

#1377 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted May 20, 2018 - 05:24 AM

LATEST UPDATE 5/19 - Temple of the Dog - Times of Trouble

j79Vz4y.jpg
Video Preview

GUITARmrcoupdetat

“Times of Trouble” is the closest Temple of the Dog gets to a power ballad. Cornell’s impassioned vocal makes the lyrics—aimed at a friend who’s finding solace in a needle and its accompanying “world in black"—absolutely wracked with pain.

#1378 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 335 posts

Posted May 20, 2018 - 05:28 AM

It was a year ago yesterday we lost such a great voice. Thanks for bringing more TotD!

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#1379 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted May 20, 2018 - 05:34 AM

It was a year ago yesterday we lost such a great voice. Thanks for bringing more TotD!

maxresdefault.jpg

#1380 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 413 posts

Posted May 20, 2018 - 05:46 AM

Thank you very much. Love every song on that album

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa, Weird Al, Mastodon, Chris Cornell

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)