AJFOne's Customs 10/23 METAL MONTH DAY #23 Mercyful Fate - The Uninvited Guest

Genesis Chicago Prog Classic Rock Jazz Metal Pro drums pro keys Iced Earth Frank Zappa

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#1081 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 10:01 AM

LATEST UPDATE 10/19 METAL MONTH DAY #19 Machine Head - WolvesOMjVUsR.png

hDuKi8f.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Puppetz

BASS/VOCALS: EchoOfMystery
DRUMS: Oddbrother

"Wolves," takes the cake for being "The Blackening"'s biggest highlight. This song is over nine-minutes of sheer awesomeness! Most of it is super fast and heavy (with an absolutely blistering thrash guitar lead, deft, thumping drums, and four wild, careening solos); but somehow, the song also always manages to be super catchy, and it includes a very memorable and powerful chorus ("Unleash the wolves!").

#1082 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 10:24 AM

LATEST UPDATE 10/20 METAL MONTH DAY #20 Van Halen & At the GatesOMjVUsR.png

ZYlr48H.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Heretodl

In ‘Cold’, At the Gates has crafted a timeless Metal classic that will surely stand the test of time. The crushing intro which leads to the lurching mid-tempo riff is the stuff made for headbanging. The off-kilter bridge riff and the serene acoustic part, leading back to the bridge with an overlaying short, but sweet lead is excellent. And the chorus is damn infectious. A must hear for any Metal fans.

lOYCUWl.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: sean2490

This obscure gem from the '1984' album sounds like Rush snuck into 5150 and slipped a track into the mix, at least until Roth starts singing about the titular subject. Eddie's having fun with his harmonics here, and the song's prog edge is awe inspiring. 

#1083 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 07:14 AM

LATEST UPDATE 10/21 METAL MONTH DAY #21 A very haunted 3 pack (not The Haunted)

OMjVUsR.png

v4m2A1G.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Sygenysis

"Haunted" gave me goosebumps when I first heard it, and still does. Though Jewel's liner notes say it's written from the perspective of a stalker. She describes how she will "come to you in the still of the night" and "crush you with the burden of sight." The music is very creepy and slick, adding to the frightful feel of the song. There's also a little clock ticking in the background, making it all the more paranoid and intense. Haunted is easily the coolest song she's ever written. It's truly haunting.

GkTt1sE.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/DRUMS: m1999

"The Haunting" is also another brutal and killer thrash monster which features some great menacing opening riffs that quickly grabs your attention before thrusting into more wicked fast thrash riffing and insane brain pummeling drums once again lead by Chuck's insanely fast paced vocals which do such an excellent job keeping in perfect pace with Louie's mad and frenetic drumming throughout. The chorus in this song is also excellent, and we're also treated to another wickedly fast, blazing and careening solo from guitarist Alex Skolnick to boot. 

zX8vK1t.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: StackOverflow0x

"Haunting Me" does the very thing that it's tile implies. It was featured on the soundtrack for the 1998 horror flick "The Faculty". Industrial rock at it's finest.

#1084 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 02:04 PM

So today I just so happened to release an obscure song from Jewel's "0304" album and I log onto YouTube and of one my favorite creators Todd in the Shadows release a video about the same album. Now that's synergy :)

#1085 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted Yesterday

LATEST UPDATE 10/22 METAL MONTH DAY #22 Transformers: The Movie 6 pack

OMjVUsR.png

This is one of the best well-rounded movie soundtracks ever created. It sounds funny speaking so highly of an animated film's music, but I am being honest here! I had this on tape for years and finally updated to CD...It was the best thing I ever did! Wonderful, wonderful songs by some great artists and bands. I highly recommend this one! Don't "Dare to be Stupid", buy "The Transformers" movie soundtrack because "You've Got the Touch"!

s3vct7l.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: 2dhumanity

The original theme to Transformers cartoon is a classic but this version performed by Lion is a masterpiece. It screams 80's but in a good way. The vocalist stay in the highest range throughout and the guitar shreds and features my favorite solo of the entire soundtrack.

yJFmltd.jpg
Video Preview

"Instruments of Destruction" accompanies the first death scenes (but not the last) of the movie. It perfectly captures the slaughter of so many of my childhood cartoon heroes. The ending vocals are so soaringly high you'll have to leave your balls at the door.

PcXRASN.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Sygenysis

STANDARD KEYS: TheSheepQueen

"Dare" is such a uplifting song, with typical strong Stan Bush vocals and solid lyrics and backing instruments. Another one that you will catch yourself singing or at least one that will get in your head for awhile.

FG04Zp8.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: ghostbyob

"Autobot Decepticon Battle" is an cover version of composer Vince Dicola's original synth piece played during the attack on autobot city. It's very fun on all instruments especially drums.

q60ysRz.jpg
Video Preview

Spectre General's (aka Kick Axe) version of "Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way" (a track from the Savage Streets soundtrack) is a rare example of a cover being more well known and executed than the original. It's a bad ass from start to finish.

3mfPaAz.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Bansheeflyer

"The Touch" song is first played in the movie as Optimus Prime single-handedly takes on a swarm of Decepticons. It is played at least once more at a significant moment in the movie. This song is the best and most popular on the soundtrack. It has such catchy lyrics, that you might just find yourself singing along with it--just don't let anyone know it is from a cartoon! This is the original version and not the 2007 recording found in Guitar Hero and RBN.

#1086 EchoOfMystery

EchoOfMystery
  • 22 posts

Posted Yesterday

It's kind of weird to see my name in many of these songs... I am happy I could help. Great work, everyone!  :haw:

#1087 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted Yesterday

It's kind of weird to see my name in many of these songs... I am happy I could help. Great work, everyone!  :haw:

ECHOMVP.jpg

#1088 EchoOfMystery

EchoOfMystery
  • 22 posts

Posted Yesterday

Shh! Stop that!  :blush: lol

#1089 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 144 posts

Posted Today

Ok, I have to admit the Transformers 6 pack was a surprise. Thanks.

I could not afford the transformers so I will offer this video.

#1090 C16

C16
  • 352 posts

Posted Today

HOLY FUCK YES TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE TRACKS

I've been wanting these for years and I never thought anyone who could chart songs would also be that big of a Transformers fan! The only one really missing is Hunger, but these are going to be a blast to play! Huge thanks to everyone involved in this!

#1091 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted Today

Transformers-Movie-Main.jpg

#1092 C16

C16
  • 352 posts

Posted Today

Megatron celebrates this release.

GeaS8aD.jpg

#1093 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,490 posts

Posted Today

LATEST UPDATE 10/23 METAL MONTH DAY #23 Mercyful Fate - The Uninvited Guest

OMjVUsR.png

R8ZDQZf.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Xaltheron

'The Uninvited Guest' blasts through the speakers, a quite furious tune, though soft at certain points. The story that this song tells is just wicked.

#1094 EchoOfMystery

EchoOfMystery
  • 22 posts

Posted Today

Megatron celebrates this release.

Haha! Awesome!  :v:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genesis, Chicago, Prog, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Pro drums, pro keys, Iced Earth, Frank Zappa

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users