• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 801 posts

Posted August 9, 2014 - 11:59 PM

Still no Mandatory Fun.

Sorry, I must have missed the part in the C3 law book that demands it to be charted. Ultimately authors are going to chart what they want, and if you want it in Rock Band so much, why don't you do it yourself if we aren't doing it so far? :)

My Customs | Featuring customs from Disney movies, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Tegan and Sara, Alvvays and more!

#22 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 12:01 AM

Still no ...

#23 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 03:09 AM

Still no Mandatory Fun.

Well , maybe next week.

Didn't that album just come out? I wouldn't expect to come so soon after it's release.

It is either this or a Weird Al Mega Pack C02 that includes...

Jurassic Park
UHF
Headline News
My Bologna
Livin' In The Fridge
Virus Alert
Trapped In The Drive-Thru
Fat
Perform This Way
Party In The C.I.A.
Christmas At Ground Zero
Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies
Ricky
I Love Rocky Road

To be honest , when you have a Weird Al album at the top of the charts , I was expecting it to be the next week , C3 custom of Mandatory Fun due to it being so popular.

I generally dislike myself.

#24 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 03:23 AM

Still no Mandatory Fun.

Well , maybe next week.

Didn't that album just come out? I wouldn't expect to come so soon after it's release.

To be honest , when you have a Weird Al album at the top of the charts , I was expecting it to be the next week , C3 custom of Mandatory Fun due to it being so popular.

IT. JUST. CAME. OUT.

There literally isn't enough time in the week for them to chart, fine-tune, play-test, etc a full album to their standards over a week. It's a fun album, sure. But it's a rare album that gets the full custom treatment, and certainly nothing from the last few years.

Now after your whining, they'll probably be even less-inclined to do it out of spite.

#25 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 03:59 AM

I have this odd urge to chart the entirety of Weird Al's first album suddenly instead, hmmm...

horror_movie_special fan club member

#26 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 04:04 AM

Still no Mandatory Fun.

Well , maybe next week.

Part of me would like to experience the world you live in.

The other part of me doesn't want to be trapped in a twisted Escher painting.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#27 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,594 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 05:05 AM

Everyones going Weird Al crazy with this new petition for him to play the next Super Bowl Half Time show. :rolleyes:

#28 Divider

Divider
  • 29 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 10:18 AM

I actually enjoyed the guitar chart for Thunderhorse more than the GH2 version, and that's rare. I enjoyed it enough to FC it, but when I put my guitar down to grab my camera, my cat stepped on the green button. :qq:
This is a signature.

#29 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Still no Mandatory Fun.

Well , maybe next week.

IT. JUST. CAME. OUT.

There literally isn't enough time in the week for them to chart, fine-tune, play-test, etc a full album to their standards over a week. It's a fun album, sure. But it's a rare album that gets the full custom treatment, and certainly nothing from the last few years.

Now after your whining, they'll probably be even less-inclined to do it out of spite.

I am not whining , I am simply wondering why we don't have it already. But you have made a point there.

#30 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 801 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 07:34 PM

I am simply wondering why we don't have it already.

IT. JUST. CAME. OUT.

There literally isn't enough time in the week for them to chart, fine-tune, play-test, etc a full album to their standards over a week.

My Customs | Featuring customs from Disney movies, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Tegan and Sara, Alvvays and more!

#31 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 07:37 PM

Still no Mandatory Fun.

Well , maybe next week.

Part of me would like to experience the world you live in.

The other part of me doesn't want to be trapped in a twisted Escher painting.

It is a perfect world , where I am president of the Earth , and Espher makes a cameo in a Destroy All Humans 5. A Sonic The Hedgehog : Rock Band exists and there is no such thing as labor.

I am simply wondering why we don't have it already.

IT. JUST. CAME. OUT.

There literally isn't enough time in the week for them to chart, fine-tune, play-test, etc a full album to their standards over a week.

I may have misspoken a bit there. What I meant was it could have been in the works for SEVERAL <- READ weeks and they were waiting for the right time to release it.

#32 Deadly Robots

Deadly Robots
  • 139 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 08:17 PM

It is a perfect world , where I am president of the Earth , and Espher makes a cameo in a Destroy All Humans 5. A Sonic The Hedgehog : Rock Band exists...

Posted Image
[PortsCenter] - A webseries about change. And video games.

#33 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:01 AM

It is a perfect world , where I am president of the Earth , and Espher makes a cameo in a Destroy All Humans 5. A Sonic The Hedgehog : Rock Band exists...

Posted Image

I don't get whether you are threatening me , saying a Sonic Rock Band is a bad idea , or saying that I am the lonely loser at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody street in RB3 City ( a metaphor for nobody likes me ).

#34 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:12 AM

It is a perfect world , where I am president of the Earth , and Espher makes a cameo in a Destroy All Humans 5. A Sonic The Hedgehog : Rock Band exists and there is no such thing as labor.

Fantasy can be fun when you're 10, but this is reality, where things that are worth using take time to make. Authoring a single song takes a while for most people, let alone 12 songs.

#35 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:14 AM

Fantasy can be fun when you're 10, but this is reality, where things that are worth using take time to make. Authoring a single song takes a while for most people, let alone 12 songs.

I starting to wonder if people are ignoring the post where I stated that I thought the album was being made over a few weeks :ohdear: .

#36 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:17 AM

I starting to wonder if people are ignoring the post where I stated that I thought the album was being made over a few weeks :ohdear: .

Tell me, how far have you come on any of your customs in the month or so you have been around?

#37 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:17 AM

Oh, I saw the post. My replies still stand. An album typically takes months to author. Mandatory Fun hasn't even been out more than a month. Do the math ;)

#38 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:18 AM

Tell me, how far have you come on any of your customs in the month or so you have been around?

Not much , REAPER keeps crashing whenever I do keys and drums ( Fuck you computer! ) , and MAGMA won't even download.

#39 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:23 AM

This thread brings out the teenage girl in me...because I literally can't even.

#40 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 01:23 AM

Not much

Exactly, authoring takes a looot of time, so even if we were working on the album it would be still a long time until it was finished :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users