DenVaktare's Wonderful Week of Customs: Day 7 of 7 - A 4-Pack of Tool! The Grudge, 4 Degrees, The Patient, and fixes to Rosetta Stoned!

Tool Full Band

• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#401 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 214 posts

Posted April 15, 2018 - 03:16 PM

Hey guys! It's Day 4 of 7 of a Wonderful Week of Customs!

We have a repeat appearance by Chevelle with their single off of "Stray Arrows: A Collection of Favorites." What are you waiting for? "Go find your vegetarian..."

*The following message is in no way related to the Tool release except for the fact that it completely is.*

2/4

He emerged from the cave, muddied and tired with the shovel resting across his back. A man in a black suit with a deep red patch on the left breast of the jacket, black tie, and black sunglasses stood there as if the two had an appointment. After a few moments of silence, the man in the suit spoke. "I have an assignment for you." The man reached into his jacket and pulled out a tattered piece of paper with what looked like coordinates scrawled on it. "You're to go to this location and report back to me what you find." He slowly took the scrap and tried to figure out why he hated the man in the suit. It wasn't because the man had just barked orders at him. No, it was as if he had known the man in the suit forever and was holding on to something. But what?

#402 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 214 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 11:41 PM

Hey guys! It's Day 5 of 7 of a Wonderful Week of Customs!

We have yet another appearance by Chevelle with a track from "Wonder What's Next." "Forfeit can both calm you down and pump you up!

*The following message is in no way related to the Tool release except for the fact that it completely is.*

3/4

After a treacherous campaign across low-lit marshes, he finally arrived at the longitude and latitude scribbled on the note. His jaw dropped as he came across a crater with a deep hole in the center. That wasn't what caused his chest to tighten and his breathing to become shallow, however. There appeared to be tattered strips of flesh scattered about the crater. A surge of fear caused him to stumble backward and fall. He crawled back and couldn't help but utter the phrase "Holy fucking shit!"

#403 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 214 posts

Posted April 18, 2018 - 02:29 AM

HeyguYs! It's Day 6 of 7 of a w0nd__fol Weel of Customs!

Can y-u hear me? I fiil like I'm having hard time getting through. The Tool pack is taking on a life of its own! It absorbed Day 6. I don't even know what'scoming tomo__ow! Send help.

4/4

The descent seemed to last forever. Part of him believed he had become trapped in some loop. Was there no bottom? What would he find if he got there? What was the purpose? Purpose. That's what he kept reminding himself of. Purpose. It had to add up to something. He was doing this for her. For them. For who? He shook his muddled head as if to try clear the mental fog. His efforts regarding the matter yielded nothing. This infuriated him and resulted in his clenched fist striking the dark, dank, cold wall. Why couldn't he remember what came before?

#404 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,298 posts

Posted April 18, 2018 - 02:05 PM

Great stuff!

#405 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,225 posts

Posted April 18, 2018 - 05:12 PM

It's gettin' real spooky in here...

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#406 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 214 posts

Posted Yesterday

Hey guys! It's Day 7 of 7 of a Wonderful Week of Customs!

I still have no idea what happened yesterday, but it's finally here... one of the releases you've been waiting for!

A Tool 4-Pack. What do we have? Let's take a look!

Rosetta Stoned: You've seen this from me before but it's never been perfect. This version aims to correct that. A special thanks to JohnKew for a breakdown of Rosetta Stoned and an even bigger thanks to MrBurpler for turning me onto it. I watched the video, re-watched tons of live content, came back, and slapped myself silly. What was this? Amateur hour? Of course I knew how much Danny Carey loved his swiss army triplet... so why didn't I know? Anyways, my egregious error has been remedied. Drummers, you may now embark on a much truer journey of Rosetta Stoned. I am actually happy with the track now, minus of course the lack of pitched harmonies which will come! Oh! Bass also received a mini-overhaul!

The Patient: I had contacted Nyoxide roughly a year and a half ago regarding his conversion and asked for permission to help bring the rest of the song to fruition. I HATE that it took me so long but am very honored that he trusted me to finish the job. I pitched harmonies, crafted a venue, added practice sections, and overhauled the instruments where necessary. I',m honored to have had the opportunity to bring a fuller version of this track to you guys, Thank you so much to all involved!

The Grudge: Grinnz is a legend. He nailed the polyrhythms and was acing the school of authoring long before I was even a student. Should he make his way here, he'll absolutely take full control of this custom. In the meantime, I bring you upgrades to all instruments (most notably the guitar and bass) as well as a venue crafted to really enhance the track. I hope you'll really love the effects when Danny's kick drums start picking up speed. Anyways, a very special thank you to Grinnz for originally authoring the track.

4 Degrees: This song is a blast on drums and a slight challenge on guitar. I crafted a venue to go alongside you as you go digging! Pitched vocals will be arriving very soon!

***Bottom: A last mintue error prevented this custom's release, but I assure you it'll be here soon!

I really hope you guys enjoy! I thank you very much for allowing me to bring you Tool customs over the years and I hope that this pack truly adds to your fun! I'm excited as the next release will bring you even more Tool, including something MrBurpler and I have been working on... In the meantime, go rock the hell out of these tracks!

Great stuff!

Twice in one week? I'm way too honored! Thanks for the comment!

It's gettin' real spooky in here...

It was surreal! Like the time Dave floated away... Haha but thank you for the comment! What's awesome is that not only did it help justify the extra minutes spent spookifying but also made the place even spookier... 

#407 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 123 posts

Posted Yesterday

So pumped to play these! thanks!

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#408 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 859 posts

Posted Yesterday

Stellar! What a fantastic week of great music. Nice job and thank you, sir! :D  :rock:

Ain't got no skills as an author...

and I'm certainly not a mod,

I just bring good karma & cheap laughs....

mixed in with some of my 'odd'! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tool, Full Band

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users