DenVaktare's Customs - 1/2/17 - Bringing in the new year with a Chevelle 4 pack! Upgrades to "Hooker With a Penis" by Tool!

Tool Full Band

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#1 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 133 posts

Posted August 5, 2014 - 12:49 AM

Until the overhaul, consider these songs prototypes in essence, if you will! (Though I try to release them without any mistakes, I've managed to find a few after the fact.) Each will have the finest toothed comb ran over them in the overhaul. I've played Rock Band/Guitar Hero for years, and want these perfect!

New Releases!:

As Maynard once said at a concert I attended: "You're here. For the next few hours,there's nothing outside of here. Close your eyes and we'll see you on the other side." (Que Vicarious.)

Tool:

Other Customs:

10 Years:

Arkos:

Breaking Benjamin:

Chevelle:

Disturbed:

The Fratellis:

Kings of Leon:

Kopek:

Mona:

Nine Inch Nails:

Nothing More:

Our Lady Peace:

A Perfect Circle:

Puscifer:

Rage Against The Machine:

Saving Abel:

Sevendust:

Sixx A.M.:

Slave to the System:

Staind:

Stone Sour:

The Strokes:

System of a Down:

Toadies:

What my customs have:
All difficulties
All Instruments (Except Pitched Vocals)
Practice Sections (*Discipline needs to be fixed.)
Animations
Single and 2x Pedal Versions

Newest Release Quip:

As always, thanks to everyone at this excellent place!

"It's Tool Time!" Project:
4 Songs from Undertow
4 Songs from 10,000 Days
4 Songs from Aenima
2 songs from the EP
1 Song from Lateralus

Now, I am 1000% open to any criticism, constructive or not, it's impossible to offend me. As the great pksage once bellowed, "WE DEMAND PERFECTION!" Because no matter how many times I read my own paper, I know there are still typos in it! Find my mistakes! They have to be there, because I don't know a b flat from a z. And 4/4? Are we talking about fractions? Do you mean 1? If anyone finds any mistakes, start your PMs with "Hey, Stupid!" :D

*I have a set number of customs I have wanted to do and I will be releasing them without vocals until all are completed! I will be going back through after the fact to really polish them up. I have not forgotten you vocalists, I promise! :ohdear:

I hope you guys enjoy and seriously, thanks again for everything! It's hard to fathom everything that everyone has done! :aaaaa:

#2 Busta Uppa

Busta Uppa
  • 114 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 03:15 PM

Welcome! Always happy to see more NIN! :D

#3 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 133 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:16 AM

Thank you! And I'm glad! :D

#4 MrKnifeGuy

MrKnifeGuy
  • 232 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:23 AM

Looking forward to the other Tool customs and excited to see the other 25 you have in the works.

#5 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:13 PM

More Tool is definitely welcome.

#6 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:20 PM

Wow, thanks for the Tool song, I am also looking forward to more Tool customs! I know that charting Tool is really difficult :)

Any chance "Hooker With A Penis" could be one of those?
Posted Image

[My other customs: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1975]

#7 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 03:53 PM

Excellent. Congrats on the start of a (hopefully) long list of customs! :)

#8 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 133 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:35 PM

Updated with Stinkfist! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, guys! I'm glad you are excited for Tool and I will be bringing you more!

Bob - I totally agree, I feel so out of my league! :confused: But at the same time, I definitely like the challenge. You know, I'm not claiming it. But, I am going to look into it this week and see what we're dealing with because I would like that song as well haha. I will get back to you soon if I plan on charting it or not. :)

#9 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 542 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:42 PM

Once these get vocals, I'll be all over them

#10 FarCry2112

FarCry2112
  • 109 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 08:35 PM

Thank you for Jambi!!! Fingers crossed for the "The Pot". :)
"It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit, it's a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it." -Rush

#11 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, that is my most-wanted Tool song that has yet to be charted.

#12 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 133 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, that is my most-wanted Tool song that has yet to be charted.

Man! I'd say the cat's out of the bag now. The final two songs of my Tool 4-pack are indeed "Tolerance" and "The Pot"! I leave for school tomorrow but am still going to be hitting them as hard as I can! Both are tempo mapped with guitar done and drums halfway. I can't predict when they'll be done, but it will be soon! :D

#13 drossvirex

drossvirex
  • 31 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 03:32 AM

I'm so stoked about these!...especially when vocals are added. Are you doing 1x drums versions? Thanks man!

Also any plans? for:

NIN
Please
Where is Everybody?
The Line Begins to Blur

Tool
Right in Two
H
4 Degrees

#14 lyrrrah

lyrrrah
  • 7 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 02:45 PM

thank you so much for these! Tool and NIN are some of my favourite bands! Tool is so fun to play, I can imagine the nightmare it is to chart. So, thank you for your hard work <3
studying hard to become a customs author!

#15 Chips

Chips
  • 348 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 10:48 PM

Good stuff man, thanks for more tool tracks

#16 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 133 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 02:13 AM

My work absolutely pales in comparison to all the great authors here, but thanks again for the kind words everyone! :D

Drossvirex - You'll find the link right next to "Single Pedal:" The 1x versions are actually more popular than the 2x versions so it would be an utter travesty if I didn't take the 4 minutes to go back and reduce the pedals! So I promise I always will. :)

At the moment, those songs are not on my list =(. But if that changes, I will let you know for sure! I do have more NIN and Tool coming, so I hope that's a consolation!

#17 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,668 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Drossvirex - You'll find the link right next to "Single Pedal:" The 1x versions are actually more popular than the 2x versions so it would be an utter travesty if I didn't take the 4 minutes to go back and reduce the pedals! So I promise I always will. :)

Double pedal reduction is also one of those things that CAT does correct without need for a manual intervention 9 times out of 10 (though a lookover is always needed).

#18 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 09:45 AM

Wow, I love you. Thanks for Stinkfist!

Bob - I totally agree, I feel so out of my league! :confused: But at the same time, I definitely like the challenge. You know, I'm not claiming it. But, I am going to look into it this week and see what we're dealing with because I would like that song as well haha. I will get back to you soon if I plan on charting it or not. :)

I tried charting some Tool songs when I was new to this, but I gave up on tempo mapping… :D
Posted Image

[My other customs: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1975]

#19 DenVaktare

DenVaktare
  • 133 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Farottone - The only reason I ignored that part of CAT is because you have made life so incredibly easy in terms of reductions/animations/everything else that I felt obligated to actually do something. I mean all I have to do is watch the preview windows for EMH and maybe correct 4, 5 notes? And stop being modest! The way you scripted it, it's 10 out of 10 times correct I'm sure! I'll use it next time though, as I trust it more than I trust me :D . And of course, I always do a look through. I mean I have to actually do something!

Bob - Haha xD. You are very welcome! And I definitely hear you there! You aren't the only one! "Intolerance" was supposed to be release #1 but got shelved to #4. Why? Yep! Tempo mapping. -.-;

#20 clumsy_plumsy

clumsy_plumsy
  • 82 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 08:50 PM

Wow, big ups for taking these on. Those Tool songs are beastly!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tool, Full Band

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users