Aug 1, 2014 - "In the Air Tonight", "Whiskey in the Jar", more awesome singles

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 659 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 04:22 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes! Official Phil Collins finally! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Also, Whiskey in the Jar! Yes! So much yes this week!

Rawr! I'm a fluffy space raptor!

#22 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 04:29 PM

I'd like to also congratulate Convour and Colonel32 for their first C3 customs! Also congratulations to ShadowOfTheServer for making a kick-ass chart of Another Winter.

#23 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 761 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yay for first Phil Collins release!

My thoughts exactly! It's awesome to have him finally in the game. :)

#24 ShadowOfTheServer

ShadowOfTheServer
  • 172 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 05:26 PM

Awesome tracks this week. Also awesome seeing my custom on C3 this week.

Also, shout out to Gigakoops for helping me a lot for Another Winter.

SotS's Other Customs Thread - NEWEST RELEASE: Gorillaz - 5/4  CLICK HERE TO GO TO THREAD

#25 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,407 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'd like to also congratulate Convour and Colonel32 for their first C3 customs!

Sorry, only one "first C3 custom" celebration per author.

C3 releases for July 11, 2014
Mostly New! The 1980s C01 13-pack
◾Aldo Nova – “Fantasy” (Colonel 32dll feat. CrazyCanuck and Nyxyxylyth)
◾The Cars – “Candy-O” X (Colonel 32dll feat. CrazyCanuck and Nyxyxylyth)

C3 releases for May 30, 2014:
◾Temple of the Dog – “Hunger Strike” (Colonel 32dll and CrazyCanuck feat. Lowlander)

Convour can still celebrate, but Colonel 32dll needs to get his nose back to the grindstone and keep authoring!

#26 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 05:55 PM

Sorry, only one "first C3 custom" celebration per author.

Whoops, derp.

Erm, I guess belated congrats to Colenol32?

#27 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 659 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 06:22 PM

Yay for first Phil Collins release!

First C3 Phil Collins release, yes.

Someone already did a Live version of "In The Air Tonight" and I actually had that custom. (Not anymore cause of C3).

#28 DMNBT

DMNBT
  • 46 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 07:39 PM

Definitely getting Rollin' and Sugar! Thanks to all the authors!

#29 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 08:11 PM

I personally thought we were going to get "Weird Al's" Mandatory Fun before the hint thread was made.

We need Word Crimes!

I generally dislike myself.

#30 Convour

Convour
  • 51 posts

Posted August 1, 2014 - 09:29 PM

Thanks guys. It really inspires me to want to do more, which I'm most certainly going to do :c00l:

#31 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 659 posts

Posted August 2, 2014 - 06:49 PM

Wanted to ask... Would it be possible for someone to do an alternate version of "In The Air Tonight" by using a (Live) version of the song? So that it would end properly... (I don't like the cut-off and that keeps me from playing this song more often then I would).

I know that somebody else charted a (Live) version of the song, but it wasn't as good as this chart obviously and would rather see an alternate version of this chart using the (Live) version of the song.

#32 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted August 2, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Wanted to ask... Would it be possible for someone to do an alternate version of "In The Air Tonight" by using a (Live) version of the song? So that it would end properly... (I don't like the cut-off and that keeps me from playing this song more often then I would).

To be honest, the ending is the last thing that would convince me to author another version of a song. :) However, Phil Collins' live performance are almost always far better than the studio versions, so I would love one day to go back and do this one too.

#33 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 659 posts

Posted August 3, 2014 - 03:32 AM

To be honest, the ending is the last thing that would convince me to author another version of a song. :) However, Phil Collins' live performance are almost always far better than the studio versions, so I would love one day to go back and do this one too.

I agree. I would love to see Phil Collins live... Especially "In The Air Tonight"... So here's to hoping for a grand Live version of that awesome song! Plus it shouldn't be that hard since you've done the studio version, yes? They still follow similar notes, right?

#34 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted August 3, 2014 - 10:21 AM

I agree. I would love to see Phil Collins live... Especially "In The Air Tonight"... So here's to hoping for a grand Live version of that awesome song! Plus it shouldn't be that hard since you've done the studio version, yes? They still follow similar notes, right?

Not really, having a studio version of a song probably saves no more than 10% of the total time, not even counting keys, that in some cases will probably make the song not doable by C3 standards because of improvisation and the lack of stems.

#35 bluesfan38

bluesfan38
  • 116 posts

Posted August 7, 2014 - 03:35 AM

Man, the farewell tour version of that is so amazing. I love throwing on hits like that and take me home. I'll never understand why some people are so jaded about live recordings. Especially 5.1 blu - ray versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users