Bsbloom Customs and Conversions Update: 1/06/18 Animals, Yes

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#461 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 746 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 08:42 PM

That's some super sleuthin' there, glarms.  :cool:

Oh yeah, this one'll be 'hotter than a pepper sprout'!

Ain't got no skills as an author...

and I'm certainly not a mod,

I just bring good karma & cheap laughs....

mixed in with some of my 'odd'! :D

#462 bsbloom

bsbloom
  • 347 posts

Posted December 1, 2017 - 01:06 PM

Now, to my teaser.

Jackson was written by Billy Edd Wheeler and Jerry Lieber, in 1963.  The song is a duet between a husband and wife, whose marriage has lost its fire and spark.  He keeps threatening to pack up, and go into Jackson, while she laughs at that notion, and his over-blown ego.

Which Jackson?  There is one in Mississippi, and another in Tennessee.  Neither, or either, according to Wheeler,

I just liked the sharp consonant sound, as opposed to soft-sounding words like Nashville.

Two versions of the song were released again in 1967, one by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood, which climbed as high as #14 on the charts.  The other (and much better version, in my opinion) was by Johnny Cash and June Carter.  It was a huge Country hit, rising as high as #2 on the Country charts.

At one point, the wife sings that the folks in Jackson will simply laugh at her man,

They'll lead you around town like a scalded hound with your tail tucked between your legs

All the while, she'll be there, in Jackson, watching his humiliation, laughing at him, hidden

behind my Jay-Pan Plan

This one drove me crazy.  I listened carefully to both versions, and both Nancy Sinatra and June Carter clearly sing out Jay-Pan Plan.  What is that?

The lyric sites have this, not as Plan, but Fan.  OK, Jay-Pan Fan.  Still no clue. 

Finally, after lots more research, I found the answer.  She will be hiding behind a little ornamental hand-held fan, an ornamental Japanese fan.  Aha! 

Jay-Pan Plan

is Country twang for

Japan fan.

iO6T0Nj.jpg

Download:  http://customscreato.../jackson-r19155

Drums are by AJFOne23.

Late in his career, Johnny Cash embarked on a series of records, called the American recordings.  In these, he did stripped down covers of old songs, featuring the simplicity of his voice and his guitar.  Most tracks involve little other accompaniment, perhaps a second guitar, or a piano. 

We already have one of these in our database, Hurt, a C3 release from 2013:

http://customscreato...tml/_/hurt-r380

Get it, if you don't already have a copy. 

Here are two more:

qmeImiv.jpg

Download at:  http://customscreato...ml/_/one-r19153

OAVmVPY.jpg

Download:  http://customscreato...al-jesus-r19154

One is an old U2 tune, while Personal Jesus was originally done by Depeche Mode.

Great songs, both, and superb works by the legend, Johnny Cash.

I started out this month looking at Nancy Sinatra songs, with several in mind, but veered to Johnny Cash, when it came to Jackson.  So poor Nancy got slighted.  I'll finish off the month with one of her songs,

i13NYrf.jpg

Download:  http://customscreato...gar-town-r19156

This is a pretty stupid song, but it is so damned catchy.  I hate myself for liking the song, but ...

#463 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 543 posts

Posted December 1, 2017 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the songs!

#464 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 746 posts

Posted December 1, 2017 - 11:22 PM

Thanks Bsbloom! The man in black gets some much needed RB3 love!

Hey, was Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots (Are Made for Walking)" available earlier today or was that just my imagination? What happened and will it be available at a later date?

Asking for my wife, because Housequake loves that song.

#465 bsbloom

bsbloom
  • 347 posts

Posted December 2, 2017 - 12:38 AM

Tell Housequake it is on the way.  I did a version, but, as it turns out, someone else had already finished one for the C3thon.  It will appear soon.

#466 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,229 posts

Posted December 2, 2017 - 01:07 AM

Tell Housequake it is on the way.  I did a version, but, as it turns out, someone else had already finished one for the C3thon.  It will appear soon.

Let me thank you publicly for holding off on this release, we really appreciate it a lot. :)

#467 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 746 posts

Posted December 2, 2017 - 01:41 AM

Geez guys....apologies for inadverdently letting the cat outta the bag. I had no idea....

Good news is, at least I know I'm not senile (yet) and we have "Boots" coming! Thanks! :D

#468 bsbloom

bsbloom
  • 347 posts

Posted January 6, 2018 - 06:39 PM

Happy New Year.

I had four customs ready to upload, but can't get things to work.  My computer crashed, and I lost (temporarily, I hope), all my data.  Tried to copy the cons from my xbox back to my laptop, and upload.  Unfortunately, one of them would not load, and a second had absolutely horrible sounding audio in the Visualizer preview. 

Something seems off.  I guess I'll wait until things get fixed before posting.  So, only one, which I did on my laptop, after the crash. 

5j2ouQl.jpg

Download:  http://customscreato...d-a-word-r19624

I'll be back, but it may take a while.

#469 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 156 posts

Posted Today

Many thanks for the Yes track. Sorry to hear about the laptop. I hope your New year has been improving since then.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users