#1 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 01:21 PM

Here is my list of WIPs:

(Hints moved to end of post)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

3/21/17 - Current WIPs:

• The Sounds - Night After Night (Remix) - Release: Soon. Progress: Awaiting vox/drums from collaborator
  • The Sounds - Midnight Sun - Release: Soon. Progress: Mapped
  • The Sounds - Something to Die For - Release: Soon. Progress: G/B/K done, need testing.
  • The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Release: Medium. Progress: Needs Vox.
  • The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses - Release: Medium. Progress: Needs Testing, Vox could use work.
  • The Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers - Release: Medium. Progress: Needs Keys.
  • The Rolling Stones - Moonlight Mile - Release: Medium. Progress: V/D done.
  • The Rolling Stones - She's Like a Rainbow - Release: Long. Progress: Mapped
  • The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It) - Release: Long. Progress: Drums done.

Release key:

Soon - Within a month or two at most.

Medium - 3-4 months, realistically.

Long - Within a year, hopefully.

Previously released songs and progress on getting them polished up for Customs Database release:

• The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar: Needs new ID, Vocal Updates, Guitar updates, Bass Updates
  • The Rolling Stones - Stray Cat Blues: Needs new ID

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

#2 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 760 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 02:26 PM

Welcome aboard! :)

Looking forward to playing your conversions/customs!

#3 floydian123

floydian123
  • 222 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 02:27 PM

Great song choice. Can't wait to see it finished!
I have become comfortably numb

#4 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for the support guys!

Updated my progress in the OP. This drum error is perplexing me :(

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

#5 Lowlander2

Lowlander2

There Can Be Only One Video Guy

• 268 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 06:22 AM

Check your MIDI events and the name of the drum track itself. From the sounds of it, you've got an event that shouldn't be there, or there isn't a track name MIDI event named PART DRUMS.

#6 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 02:36 PM

Check your MIDI events and the name of the drum track itself. From the sounds of it, you've got an event that shouldn't be there, or there isn't a track name MIDI event named PART DRUMS.

I know its in Part Drums. I moved the GH tube into the C3 custom template, same as the other instruments, and only drums gives me this error.

I would have no idea what event would be out of place :/

WIPs.

#7 Nunchuck

Nunchuck
  • 776 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 04:09 PM

If you copied the track into C3 template, it may be that the part drums is 2 part drums on top of one another because there is one on the track already from the template and one from the track you copied. It happened to me once in the very first conversion I did. I hope it is that easy to solve for you.

#8 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 04:21 PM

If you copied the track into C3 template, it may be that the part drums is 2 part drums on top of one another because there is one on the track already from the template and one from the track you copied. It happened to me once in the very first conversion I did. I hope it is that easy to solve for you.

Well, I deleted the note tube that was there from the template, and moved the tube from the GH import into that empty track.

Also, I started working on another GH convert that gives me the same error so maybe there's something fundamental I'm doing wrong.

WIPs.

#9 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,797 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 05:28 PM

Well, I deleted the note tube that was there from the template, and moved the tube from the GH import into that empty track.

The correct way to use the template for conversions is to select all notes and events from each track (CTRL+A in the MIDI window), go to the template track, delete all events, got to M1 and paste.

#10 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 07:45 PM

The correct way to use the template for conversions is to select all notes and events from each track (CTRL+A in the MIDI window), go to the template track, delete all events, got to M1 and paste.

OK I tried that and I still get the same error,

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): MIDI track header for track 2 is corrupt

I tried it in an existing project; I will try it a little later in a fresh project in case that makes a difference.

Nunchuck suggested that I deselect four drum events when deleting the template drum track; Farottone is that something I should do too, and if so which ones exactly am I NOT deleting?

WIPs.

#11 Nunchuck

Nunchuck
  • 776 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 07:56 PM

I was referring to drum mix 0,1,2,3. They are necessary for Magma or you get an error. Other than that the tracks should be clean.

#12 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:08 PM

I was referring to drum mix 0,1,2,3. They are necessary for Magma or you get an error. Other than that the tracks should be clean.

Well I tried it both ways and I still get the header error :(

WIPs.

#13 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,797 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:14 PM

I have compiled 600+ songs and never seen that error. Are you sure you're exporting the MIDI to a readable folder?

#14 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 09:45 PM

I have compiled 600+ songs and never seen that error. Are you sure you're exporting the MIDI to a readable folder?

I ... think so. I can compile the song if I mute the drum track, and I export both the drum and nondrum version midis to the same folder.

I'm sure what I'm messing up is something boneheaded, but I hope its not something THAT boneheaded :)

WIPs.

#15 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:16 PM

So, progress report:

spindoctor6969 somehow fixed the drum track! I have no idea how; seriously, it was voodoo or something. Now I need to add dryvox to it because I'm not into ventriloquism, and maybe spruce up the animations a tad. I should have spelled it out in my OP but my intent with this project is to get songs that I like into RB, with as much quality as I can eke out from my limited free time. Anybody who wants to add to/improve my stuff is welcome, just let me know.

WIPs.

#16 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted May 24, 2014 - 11:54 AM

Stray Cat Blues is finished and has been released.

I'm still getting the corrupt midi header with I'm Free, so I plan to start a thread in the troubleshooting forum to get to the bottom of it. It's really bugging me, to the point where I don't want to do any more customs because of it *always* popping up! Grr.

My next goal: learn tempo mapping. So far: tempo mapping 1, Kemiroch 0. Tis hard :(

WIPs.

#17 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted June 1, 2014 - 12:22 AM

I just finished The Stones - I'm Free (live). I don't want to release it until I have a chance to test it, though, so I threw up a beta version. If anyone wants to try it out let me know if it has any glaring errors.

I put The Sounds - Shake Shake Shake on the back burner, which made me very sad :( It's a song I desperately want on Rock Band but it is NOT a song to do for a first time tempo mapper. The drums don't even start until quite a ways into the song. I'm thinking of trying a song with a clock-like drum track that starts right away, like 'Time Waits For No One' or 'Mystery Achievement'.

WIPs.

#18 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted June 7, 2014 - 03:04 PM

Updated my WIPS.

Nothing major, mostly just reflecting the release of I'm Free and a small update to COY.

WIPs.

#19 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 760 posts

Posted June 7, 2014 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for adding vocals to Crazy On You. My wife will be VERY happy! :)

#20 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted June 7, 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for adding vocals to Crazy On You. My wife will be VERY happy! :)

I can't guarantee they will be perfect :) This is my first vocals chart :) But I'll do my best.

WIPs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users