Unicyclone's Multitrack Customs (2/14: "Fall In Love" with Phantogram!)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 92 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 02:01 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure why it's so high. Those multitrack mogg files can take up a lot of space, but it's not usually that big. The drums currently take up 5 tracks instead of 2 (ie, mono Kick, left+right Snare, and left+right Kit, as opposed to one stereo file combining them all), which is probably the main culprit. I'll try to release a slimmer version of Muscle Museum soon.
I chart multitrack customs! Download them here.

My WIP thread

#22 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 02:04 AM

That's typical size for Xbox multitrack files. Wii has a unique issue where any one song can't be beyond 40mb, so that's a problem for Wii users.
For customs use I think stereo drum kit is more than enough and should reduce file size enough. Also if you're using encoding quality higher than 5, you can dial it back to 5 for a good quality/file size balance.

#23 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,421 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 02:27 AM

At just 4 megabytes off, yeah, either reducing encoding quality to 3 or stereo drums would do it for maximum compatibility.

#24 vitormg

vitormg
  • 20 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 12:54 PM

That's typical size for Xbox multitrack files. Wii has a unique issue where any one song can't be beyond 40mb, so that's a problem for Wii users.
For customs use I think stereo drum kit is more than enough and should reduce file size enough. Also if you're using encoding quality higher than 5, you can dial it back to 5 for a good quality/file size balance.

Can I do it with Magma?

#25 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 92 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 04:21 PM

Not impossible, but it'll be waaay easier for me to do it on my end. I already have all the stems set up in Reaper, so I can just bake the drum tracks together, load the new file into Magma, and re-build the song.

My WIP thread

#26 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 04:57 PM

Can I do it with Magma?

If the song's audio is encrypted, you can't. If it isn't encrypted, you can. But you need to be familiar with importing the song into Magma, separating the mogg into the component channels, rebuilding with Magma, etc.

It's a lot easier to do using RockBiink I think it's called? It's a tool in the Wii thread for this purpose. Talk it over with Stackoverflow on the thread since he's the creator.

#27 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 92 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 06:53 PM

My customs aren't encrypted. That said, feeding "lossy" compressed files (like converted .moggs or .mp3s) into Magma isn't ideal because it will compress them even more, degrading the audio quality. Sometimes that's the best you can do, especially for GH conversions, but I try to stick with the least-compressed files I can find.

My WIP thread

#28 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 08:10 PM

You would be absolutely right. Always try to use the uncompressed source files, and don't even apply track volume to the stems, use Magma's attenuation values to attenuate the stem during playback but retain the full spectrum from the original.

But, Wii songs use 32,000Hz audio outside of customs, so it's not like Wii users would notice :haw:
(That was mean - I kid I kid :) )

#29 vitormg

vitormg
  • 20 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Not impossible, but it'll be waaay easier for me to do it on my end. I already have all the stems set up in Reaper, so I can just bake the drum tracks together, load the new file into Magma, and re-build the song.

I've tried doing it by extracting wav files for each instrument out of the mogg and got stuck in the dry vox part. It shows an error that I've got to have a dry vox, but I dunno how to do it.
If you could re-build the song in a way its got less than 40mb i'd appreciate.

#30 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 92 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 09:31 PM

Innntroducing... the new and improved Muscle Museum, leaner and meaner than ever before! Now it's down to 29 MB. Oh, and the snare hits should be a little crunchier now. Download link

My WIP thread

#31 vitormg

vitormg
  • 20 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 11:07 PM

Innntroducing... the new and improved Muscle Museum, leaner and meaner than ever before! Now it's down to 29 MB. Oh, and the snare hits should be a little crunchier now. Download link

Thank you very much! Its working like heaven

You should stick this link somewhere in your initial post for muse fans that happen to be wii users as well!
Thanks again :excited:

#32 clumsy_plumsy

clumsy_plumsy
  • 82 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 01:19 AM

NICE NICE NICE

#33 MACST3R

MACST3R
  • 91 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 08:13 AM

Thank you for Phantogram! Great song!!!

#34 Goals46

Goals46
  • 35 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:05 PM

Thank you for Fantogram!
Other songs of Phantogram in the future?

#35 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted July 2, 2015 - 09:33 PM

Can you please fix the box that Muscle Museum is in please, thanks.
Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#36 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 92 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 12:10 AM

The images don't link to anything. Downloads are in the text.

My WIP thread

#37 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 03:39 AM

Thanks for fixing it, is there any more plans for Muse songs that have Multitracks?

Like Butterflies And Hurricanes?
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#38 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 92 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 05:30 AM

Funny you should mention that! Butterflies and Hurricanes is probably my all-time favorite Muse song. I've got the stems and I've actually started charting it, but tempo-mapping the crazy piano solo in the middle is... a bit of an ordeal.

(That said, if any experienced authors are reading this and want to chart the Pro Keys for 24th-note arpeggios by ear, hit me up!)

My WIP thread

#39 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 07:48 AM

Funny you should mention that! Butterflies and Hurricanes is probably my all-time favorite Muse song. I've got the stems and I've actually started charting it, but tempo-mapping the crazy piano solo in the middle is... a bit of an ordeal.

(That said, if any experienced authors are reading this and want to chart the Pro Keys for 24th-note arpeggios by ear, hit me up!)

That piano solo is hard, I was going to try see if it would be possible to do it and give it a try for a c3 release by posting it in the show board but that solo was the reason that did not happen.

Or maybe ask Kueller if you could use the 5 lane chart and add pro keys to the notes.

#40 Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend
  • 129 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 09:29 AM

I've been waiting to hear about progress on B&H, I'm excited to hear that it's moving along. :)

If you guys needs any help with testing the pitched vocals let me know. I know all Muse songs (pre-Drones) well enough to 100% them on vocals without looking. There's not much knowledge I have on the instrument side of things, so I'd like to offer help on Muse songs in whatever capacity possible for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users