CAT Tools Error

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#381 kueller

kueller
  • 157 posts

Posted August 16, 2019 - 02:38 AM

Thank you.

So with the move to GitHub which I have access to consider this a reboot of CAT development with me at the helm. Not frequent, but perhaps some of its lasting quirks can be sorted out. And while I haven't put much thought into it yet I have some vague ideas for possible new functions and will be open to input from other authors to see what can get through.

To start off, I've merged the new changes made by Alternity into the main branch, since better late than never.

Let's see where this goes.
no

#382 HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker
  • 28 posts

Posted August 20, 2019 - 11:59 PM

I'm thinking of using LMMS instead of REAPER. Is it possible to make a VST plugin that uses these Python scripts? If not, what else can I use these tools in?

H  H   AA   RRR   V    V  H  H   OO   U  U HH    HH   AAA    CCCCC KK   KK EEEEEEE RRRRRR
H  H  A  A  R  R  V    V  H  H  O  O  U  U  H    H   A   A  CC      K  KK   E       R    R
HHHH  AAAA  RRR   V    V  HHHH  O  O  U  U  HHHHHH   AAAAA  C       KKKK    EEEEE   RRRRR
H  H  A  A  R  R   V  V   H  H  O  O  U  U  H    H   A   A  CC      K  KK   E       R   RR
H  H  A  A  R   R   VV    H  H   OO    UU  HH    HH AA   AA  CCCCC KK   KK EEEEEEE RR    RR

GitLab Profile - Rock Band Customs on GitLab - GBAtemp Profile - Rock Band ScoreHero Profile

#383 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,221 posts

Posted August 22, 2019 - 08:54 PM

As far as I know these tools uses the REAPER API, so they are only useable in REAPER.

Also, while you can use another MIDI editor to make custom songs, it might be risky. Some of them might save incompatible stuff in the midi file, and that would cause problems.

#384 kueller

kueller
  • 157 posts

Posted September 8, 2019 - 11:05 PM

CAT v1.1.1 is now live.

- Drum animations can now handle a mix of tom and cymbal drum notes played simultaneously. Previously a single tom present would make everything a tom.
- CAT no longer silently crashes on invalid notes. In most cases a helpful error message will appear, and in others the function will ignore the invalid note.

https://github.com/a...ases/tag/v1.1.1
no

#385 JohnSmith2007

JohnSmith2007
  • 73 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 02:38 AM

So, I'm looking at the downloads available for the 32-bit v2.7.0 of python, and the download link doesn't exist on Pythons official website.

Wat do?

#386 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,064 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 03:31 PM

Any of the 2.7.x series should work.  I installed 2.7.14 and haven't had any trouble with CAT.

https://www.python.o...se/python-2716/

#387 JohnSmith2007

JohnSmith2007
  • 73 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 09:00 PM

then why is it saying this?

Failed to load/initialize reascript

Can't open D:/Python/python27.dll

#388 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,064 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 06:27 PM

You may need to tell REAPER where you put your Python installation, if D:/Python is not correct.  You can set REAPER's Python directory paths in Options -> Preferences -> Reascript.  Installed DLLs are frequently stored in C:\Windows\System32\ (and/or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ if you use a 64bit Windows OS), so you can check there.

#389 GickDrayson

GickDrayson
  • 4 posts

Posted May 15, 2020 - 04:02 AM

HELP!!!! 

https://ibb.co/3RwKnB1

I have reaper 4.22 and python 2.7, 0 problem with that, but when I want to open CAT, this thing happens.

Help me please :(

#390 kueller

kueller
  • 157 posts

Posted May 26, 2020 - 06:26 PM

CAT v1.2.1 now live!

Several minor changes and a few features here.

• Invalid unicode in the filename will print an error message suggesting to check the song filename.
  • "Reduce pro keys note density based on 5-lane" function now copies expert pro keys to lower difficulties before applying reductions.
  • Note reduction for medium and easy now happens after note removal, lessening the issue where orange would move down to blue and then be considered a long string of single color.
  • "Check/fix capitalization" now ignores the word "I" even if it is appended with a symbol for talkie (#, ^) or hiding ($).
  • A bug that crashed drums animations when processing a green cymbal and blue tom combination has been fixed.
  • Halving the BEAT track now makes sure the last note is still at most one measure before the END event.
  • Adding "Show lyrics" function to erase the hide ($) marker from specified lyrics.
  • "Remove notes" now works for Pro Guitar/Bass.
  • New "Reduce from 5-lane" function in the Pro Guitar/Bass section. It is the same as "Reduce pro keys note density based on 5-lane" but for Pro Guitar/Bass instruments.
  • New "Create sing-a-long" function to auto-generate singalong notes in the VENUE track based off the vocal harmony notes.

https://github.com/a...v1.2.1-sillabub

no

#391 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,064 posts

Posted May 27, 2020 - 02:49 AM

• New "Create sing-a-long" function to auto-generate singalong notes in the VENUE track based off the vocal harmony notes.

Now this is awesome!

Thank you for all your work, kueller!

#392 mastergox

mastergox
  • 10 posts

Posted May 31, 2020 - 12:06 AM

Awesome! Thanks

#393 Shroud

Shroud
  • 555 posts

Posted May 31, 2020 - 07:27 AM

Mmm... what are "singalong" notes?

#394 Buster66

Buster66
  • 64 posts

Posted May 31, 2020 - 02:34 PM

Sing-a-long are the notes in the venue track that get the other band members to lipsync the harmony parts.

#395 Shroud

Shroud
  • 555 posts

Posted May 31, 2020 - 04:37 PM

Sing-a-long are the notes in the venue track that get the other band members to lipsync the harmony parts.

Thanks! I actually thought that those animations were based on harmonies dryvox files...

#396 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,064 posts

Posted June 3, 2020 - 04:02 PM

Thanks! I actually thought that those animations were based on harmonies dryvox files...

They're based on both.  The dryvox audio creates the lipsync animations, but the sing-along notes trigger when those animations actually play.

#397 Shroud

Shroud
  • 555 posts

Posted June 3, 2020 - 06:47 PM

They're based on both.  The dryvox audio creates the lipsync animations, but the sing-along notes trigger when those animations actually play.

Thanks!

This might actually be useful... it sounds like I could use the same dryvox for all 3 harms, but then the sing-along events would make sure to show lipsync for only the notes that are part of the harmonies.

#398 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,064 posts

Posted June 4, 2020 - 04:21 AM

This might actually be useful... it sounds like I could use the same dryvox for all 3 harms, but then the sing-along events would make sure to show lipsync for only the notes that are part of the harmonies.

Correct, and in fact that's basically how it was done for pre-RB3 content.  The song would have one set of animations and the VENUE notes would dictate who got to sing along with the lead singer and when.  That legacy is why RB3 harmony animations are controlled by those VENUE notes and not by text markers in the actual harmony tracks.

#399 Shroud

Shroud
  • 555 posts

Posted June 22, 2020 - 12:58 PM

• "Reduce pro keys note density based on 5-lane" function now copies expert pro keys to lower difficulties before applying reductions.

Can you share more details on how this works? It sounds useful to enable this sort of workflow:

1- chart Expert ProKeys (manual)

2- convert Expert ProKeys to Expert 5LaneKeys (manual)

3- reduce Expert 5LaneKeys to Hard/Medium/Easy 5LaneKeys (CAT)

4- reduce Expert ProKeys to Hard/Medium/Easy ProKeys (CAT)

So basically this new feature allows CAT to do step 4, right? If it works, then it should really help with all the customs which are currently left in a state without ProKeys reductions!

In the CAT documentation there is a feature mentioned also for step 2, but it was never implemented AFAIK. It would be awesome to have it, even if only created a draft, to be then manually adjusted. Personally I find the task of creating 5LaneKeys the most tedious of the whole authoring process, considering that almost nobody plays 5LaneKeys, but the game requires them if you have ProKeys :(

#400 FUGGNUTZ

FUGGNUTZ
  • 128 posts

Posted June 22, 2020 - 08:42 PM

Previously, when doing step 4, you had to paste the expert chart into the EMH sections before you ran the command. Now, that's done for you. You still have to adjust sustains and reduce chords.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CAT, Tools, Error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users