CAT Tools Error

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

#381 kueller

kueller
  • 140 posts

Posted August 16, 2019 - 02:38 AM

Thank you.

So with the move to GitHub which I have access to consider this a reboot of CAT development with me at the helm. Not frequent, but perhaps some of its lasting quirks can be sorted out. And while I haven't put much thought into it yet I have some vague ideas for possible new functions and will be open to input from other authors to see what can get through.

To start off, I've merged the new changes made by Alternity into the main branch, since better late than never.

Let's see where this goes.
no

#382 HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker
  • 25 posts

Posted August 20, 2019 - 11:59 PM

I'm thinking of using LMMS instead of REAPER. Is it possible to make a VST plugin that uses these Python scripts? If not, what else can I use these tools in?

H  H   AA   RRR   V    V  H  H   OO   U  U HH    HH   AAA    CCCCC KK   KK EEEEEEE RRRRRR
H  H  A  A  R  R  V    V  H  H  O  O  U  U  H    H   A   A  CC      K  KK   E       R    R
HHHH  AAAA  RRR   V    V  HHHH  O  O  U  U  HHHHHH   AAAAA  C       KKKK    EEEEE   RRRRR
H  H  A  A  R  R   V  V   H  H  O  O  U  U  H    H   A   A  CC      K  KK   E       R   RR
H  H  A  A  R   R   VV    H  H   OO    UU  HH    HH AA   AA  CCCCC KK   KK EEEEEEE RR    RR

GitLab Profile - Rock Band Customs on GitLab - GBAtemp Profile - Rock Band ScoreHero Profile

#383 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,019 posts

Posted August 22, 2019 - 08:54 PM

As far as I know these tools uses the REAPER API, so they are only useable in REAPER.

Also, while you can use another MIDI editor to make custom songs, it might be risky. Some of them might save incompatible stuff in the midi file, and that would cause problems.

#384 kueller

kueller
  • 140 posts

Posted September 8, 2019 - 11:05 PM

CAT v1.1.1 is now live.

- Drum animations can now handle a mix of tom and cymbal drum notes played simultaneously. Previously a single tom present would make everything a tom.
- CAT no longer silently crashes on invalid notes. In most cases a helpful error message will appear, and in others the function will ignore the invalid note.

https://github.com/a...ases/tag/v1.1.1
no

#385 JohnSmith2007

JohnSmith2007
  • 35 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 02:38 AM

So, I'm looking at the downloads available for the 32-bit v2.7.0 of python, and the download link doesn't exist on Pythons official website.

Wat do?

#386 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 841 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 03:31 PM

Any of the 2.7.x series should work.  I installed 2.7.14 and haven't had any trouble with CAT.

https://www.python.o...se/python-2716/

#387 JohnSmith2007

JohnSmith2007
  • 35 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 09:00 PM

then why is it saying this?

Failed to load/initialize reascript

Can't open D:/Python/python27.dll

#388 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 841 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 06:27 PM

You may need to tell REAPER where you put your Python installation, if D:/Python is not correct.  You can set REAPER's Python directory paths in Options -> Preferences -> Reascript.  Installed DLLs are frequently stored in C:\Windows\System32\ (and/or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ if you use a 64bit Windows OS), so you can check there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CAT, Tools, Error

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users