• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#21 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:25 PM

We might want to change "you should have an [end] event" to "you must have an [end] event", since several of the 5-lane reduction tasks failed silently for me before I added an [end].

#22 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:50 PM

I'll try again later with some other songs, but one of the ones I tried using was a Harmonix song with a Harmonies Project keys chart, I wanted to give it keys animations. I figured this would have been the easiest one to try first since we know everything else is there.

If you can't make it work, post a bug report with the RPP project (no audio needed).

#23 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:51 PM

We might want to change "you should have an [end] event" to "you must have an [end] event", since several of the 5-lane reduction tasks failed silently for me before I added an [end].

Thanks, done.

#24 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:03 PM

I don't even know what most of that means. I'm guessing this process assumes you have even some Reaper charting knowledge? :(

I gave it another try by loading the custom template, then inserting the media and the functions seem to work, although again, no confirmation that it's doing anything. I'll hit reduce and the menu simply minimizes and unchecks everything. Not sure if this was supposed to happen, I saved it but the song crashes when I try to play it. Visualizer seem to think it was fine since it didn't tell me any difficulties were missing.

#25 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't even know what most of that means. I'm guessing this process assumes you have even some Reaper charting knowledge? :(

Who is it for?
This is for any author of Rock Band custom songs, regardless of their degree of commitment to their songs.

So, yes, this is for people who know how to author, even just single instrument songs. As I said, the only way I can check what's wrong is for you to upload the Reaper project to our bug tracker system and a short description of what doesn't work for you.

#26 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:33 PM

Just to be clear, when you say "the C3 Template", is it the "Custom RB3 Template" when using Reaper? What I know to do it open Reaper, load that template, then Insert New Media Item. After I load the midi, I run the CAT and try to do the Automatic Animations. After I hit Create Animations, it minimizes and nothing else happens. I have to close it just to open the CAT menu again.

I'm submitting a report but I don't know if I have everything set up properly of if I'm doing any of this right.

Aaand I can't even submit a bug report.

APPLICATION ERROR #401

Database query failed. Error received from database was #1153: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes for the query: INSERT INTO mantis_bug_file_table
(bug_id, title, description, diskfile, filename, folder, filesize, file_type, date_added, content, user_id)
VALUES

#27 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:00 PM

Database query failed. Error received from database was #1153: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes for the query: INSERT INTO mantis_bug_file_table
(bug_id, title, description, diskfile, filename, folder, filesize, file_type, date_added, content, user_id)
VALUES

Just to be sure, ZIP or RAR the Reaper project file, it may have to do with that.

#28 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:09 PM

I think I might just disable attachments for Mantis and make people use Mediafire or whatever. Mantis is terrible.

edit: This is now done.

#29 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Something else I forgot it I always get this when I load the Custom RB3 template. It's probably contributing to this mess, right? I always just ignored it since it always happened.

Posted Image

I managed to upload a project with Mantis, so hopefully we'll all be laughing about how stupid of an error I'm making and can correct it easily.

Looks like I accidentally reported 3 times. I can't seem to find a way to delete the other reports, so I guess ignore the ones that don't have a file uploaded with it.

#30 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:25 PM

That's not a proper project, almost all MIDI tracks are doubled, one on top of the other. CAT is the least of the issues, you can't compile it probably and you can't surely play it. If you need help on creating a proper project, open a thread for Authoring support.

#31 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:32 PM

I was under the assumption that I needed to open Reaper, open the Customs RB3 template, then insert the midi. It always looked wrong to me but I've never used it for charting, only chart previewing, I never worried about it.

#32 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 11:38 PM

Ok, I think I've got the hang of this now thanks to trojannemo! At the moment, I'm trying to do reductions on a pro keys song, but it doesn't seem to work the same way. Should I do this part differently in any way?

#33 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 11:41 PM

5-lane autoreductions work for 5-lane instruments. Pro keys reductions can't be automated, you need to use the various commands to help you reduce them.

#34 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 03:42 AM

Ok, for now, I'll just stick to reducing songs and adding missing animations until I learn some of that other stuff and play with Magma. I'm mostly interested in getting songs I've seen posted up before but were X Only, hopefully working with this will lean me more towards actually doing my own stuff and understanding all this better.

It's a pretty damn awesome set of tools and I'll definitely be using it often! Big thanks to farratone for this and to nemo for teaching me a bit about Reaper!

#35 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 719 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 06:18 PM

C3 Automation Tools (CAT)
What do I need?
- Reaper 4.x (Reaper 3.x will sometimes work, but all code has been tailored for 4.x)
- Python (2.x) (Python 3.x will sometimes work, but all code has been tailored for 2.x)
- Are you using Reaper 3.x and Python 2.x? If not, CAT may fail (ask in this thread about options for Reaper 4)

So which Reaper should we be using here, 3.x or 4.x? I can't seem to get 4.02 to recognize my installation of Python 2.7x at all. And there's no way to browse to the directory beneath the "Enable ReaScript" option.

#36 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 06:46 PM

4.22 is the most reliable.

#37 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 719 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 07:37 PM

4.22 is the most reliable.

Yup, worked immediately. Looks like I have no excuses for expert-only guitar any more!
:excited:

#38 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb
  • 116 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:20 AM

This is incredible. Does the animation this provides differ at all from what occurs when building a song without animations in Magma?

#39 ws54

ws54
  • 756 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:28 AM

On Drums, yes. Probably about 95% accurate. Just take a couple minutes afterwards and clean up the rest.

#40 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 636 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 02:21 AM

This is pants-shittingly ridiculous.

I just ran a song I had only done expert guitar/drums on and wow just like that easy-medium-hard. I know it's not 100% perfect, but my god the hours this will save.

And the phrase creator! All I have to do is add a fucking @ sign and it does it for me!? Overdrive too!

Beats! drum animations! A bunch of lyric tools!

I know exchanging money here is forbidden, but what about gifts? Farottone, what do you need? I have many things I could offer you. A used copy of Guitar Hero World Tour, a kidney, a used copy of RB Track Pack 2, you name it!

My Customs
AC/DC - Featuring over 60 full band
* tracks spanning 17 albums *unpitched vocals
Others - Featuring tracks from Oasis, The White Stripes, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Taylor Swift, and Michael Jackson.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CAT, Tools, Error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users