• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#341 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 11:28 AM

1. Issue with create phrase markers function.

I can't seem to get the overdrive part of the "Create Phrase Markers" function to work at all.

Yeah, the function was never implemented, some time I need to go back and remove the option. You can still create OD phrases separately.

2. Issue with Add space between tubes function

The documentation says this has options of (all|selected) but there is only a single dialog button for "fix all phrases"
For me, the function only shortens the Phase & overdrive markers, none of the notes in the phrases are actually shortened.

This would be a good function to use on imported midi files that have notes touching or overlapping.

I have to admit I don't remember the logic behind it, I don't think I ever used the function. However, it's definitely a very bad idea to import a MIDI and not work it. If your project is in such bad shape that notes overlap because you are using the RAW music MIDI notes, that overlapping is the least of your worries. ;)

#342 phoegh

phoegh
  • 13 posts

Posted April 4, 2017 - 03:08 AM

Is there a Video Tutorial on how to use this program?  I have Reaper 4.22 I downloaded python and installed correctly.  CAT.py did open up however after clicking on the buttons, nothing is showing up on the MIDI part of anything....

#343 Chips

Chips
  • 419 posts

Posted April 4, 2017 - 04:09 AM

uq7TVmY.png

If you've gotten to the point where this window pops up, and whatever function you're trying isn't working, make sure you've properly adjusted your music_start and music_end events in the EVENTS track. Some features won't work if you have invalid MIDI notes as well, but you also should be using the C3 Reaper template for charting in order to use this since they're designed to work together.

#344 phoegh

phoegh
  • 13 posts

Posted April 4, 2017 - 02:03 PM

The window pops up.  I do have music_start and music_end events in the EVENTS track.  I am using the C3 Reaper template. Am I to use these functions in the EVENTS track? or in each individual track? ex: Part Keys, Part Drums, Part Bass, Part Guitar, Part Vocals?

#345 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted April 4, 2017 - 02:32 PM

What function are you trying to use?

#346 phoegh

phoegh
  • 13 posts

Posted April 4, 2017 - 02:39 PM

I'm starting off from the top functions Create Drum animations, Create Pro Keys animations.  the C3 Reaper template already had a Beat track

#347 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted April 4, 2017 - 04:19 PM

Take a screenshot of the drums track before you press the button and after please.

#348 phoegh

phoegh
  • 13 posts

Posted April 4, 2017 - 10:30 PM

Nevermind, I had already manually entered in the drum midi for the animations and they work now.  I will try it on my next song

#349 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 321 posts

Posted April 8, 2017 - 05:20 AM

Just got this working tonight. Damn, what a game-changer. This makes fixing up old stuff 100 times faster. Thanks dude.

#350 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,269 posts

Posted June 8, 2017 - 04:56 AM

The "Reduce Pro Keys Note Density Based on 5-Lane" is a much-needed function, but I think it ignores the check box options. I have this section that is done a little differently on Pro than on 5-lane, and even when I only want the density of, say, Medium, Hard is affected and the differences are erased.

Basically, it's affecting difficulties I told it not to do at the moment.

#351 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted June 8, 2017 - 09:15 AM

I know, I have to check it sometime, I need to first finishing off another thing...

#352 TheWay123

TheWay123
  • 92 posts

Posted July 10, 2017 - 09:20 AM

Here's a little trick I found out recently if you're having problems with getting CAT to automate stuff. Just delete every audio file on the RPP.

For some reason this works.

rsz_sig.jpg

#353 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted July 10, 2017 - 02:00 PM

Here's a little trick I found out recently if you're having problems with getting CAT to automate stuff. Just delete every audio file on the RPP.

For some reason this works.

Not necessary. Any MIDI or audio file with weird characters in the name will cause Reaper grief. Incidentally it's not a CAT or Python thing, it's how Reaper is bad at handling file names (including folders in which the file is located)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CAT, Tools, Error

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users