C3 Automation Tools

CAT Tools Error

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#321 nineteenforever

nineteenforever
  • 175 posts

Posted June 29, 2016 - 07:27 AM

Holy S***! (sorry) I just took a completely wild pass at this solution I found (so it's probably not even correct or anything) but basically it mentioned something about changing a variable, I don't know if it meant the env variable (for Python) I set to stop REAPER from crashing but I pasted the new path into the variable and I dunno if it broke the env variable or what but the program loads now and Reaper doesn't crash, so I'll call that win lol. Solution is here for anyone who encounters the same problem, and from what I've (briefly) tested the fuctions work.

Thanks for the program Farottone!

#322 Russell_GuitarGuy

Russell_GuitarGuy
  • 52 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 06:58 PM

I have a question, where and how do I have to install CAT? I am trying to do this to reduce the difficulties. Thanks.

#323 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 07:16 PM

The User Manual is your friend. ;)

#324 alucardla

alucardla
  • 99 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 11:31 PM

Hi,

don't know if this is the topic, but let's try and if its not I'll delete my post.

Been struggling since last monday (1 week) trying to create auto reductions for a ONLY X PERT song. first I put reaper, python and cat to work , ok done . Then the battle begun. Read all manuals but didn't not figure out how to "send" this particular song to reaper. I manage to discover I have to open the .mid in Reaper. OK, I'm in the main screen where you see Master, part drum part guitar part bass and etc. I did not see part vocals  i think because the song is a single track. OK.  The thing is  I thought  the process was just yo open the mid, open CAT choose 5- lane reduction, choose drum reduction, save the edited . mid put it back in the folder of the song, edit the dta so it  isnt only expert anymore create .con , done, But  I think a way too sdistant from the true . Can someone help ? 

THANKS!!

#325 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 12:26 AM

Unfortunately you need to first get acquainted with authoring, because CAT assumes you're an author or know how to author. Opening a MIDI in Reaper won't work, a lot more must be done to make a project comply with CAT requirements. ;)

#326 alucardla

alucardla
  • 99 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 01:05 PM

Unfortunately you need to first get acquainted with authoring, because CAT assumes you're an author or know how to author. Opening a MIDI in Reaper won't work, a lot more must be done to make a project comply with CAT requirements. ;)

Sorry to bother you, mister, you're right.  A pig will not fly anyways, :smug: . Thank you !

#327 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 19 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 10:50 PM

I'm also having problems with CAT on Windows 10. (Using Python 2.7.6 32-bit, Reaper 4.22 32-bit.)

When I try to do drum reductions, it just unchecks the boxes when I hit "Reduce" and doesn't do anything. (Looking at the code, it should be detecting that I have notes on Hard, Medium, and Easy and ask if it should overwrite them... it doesn't seem to be getting that far.)

When I try calling reduce_5lane.py directly, I get this error:

cpsBJvX.png

The chart compiles in Magma, but I can post an .RPP if need be.

"The comfort of death will come, for men and demons alike... by the guidance of the Great Will."

My releases

My WIPs

#328 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 11:14 PM

Have you gone through the list of things to check in the first post?

#329 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 19 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 12:26 AM

Have you gone through the list of things to check in the first post?

...turns out it was a problem with the RPP the whole time. I copied and pasted the notes into a fresh C3 Template, and now everything works fine.

Thank you so much for writing this, by the way! I can tell it's gonna save me a lot of time.

"The comfort of death will come, for men and demons alike... by the guidance of the Great Will."

My releases

My WIPs

#330 Alternity

Alternity
  • 387 posts

Posted October 9, 2016 - 04:47 AM

Here are some new tools for CAT.

With this you can now generate Pro G/B Root notes; fret hand positions; and copy OD/solo markers from 5 lanes to pro G/B.

There is also the Guitar Pro 5 import on which I'm working on; the drum track import is working quite nice now so I included it in it.

http://www.mediafire...35r/CAT WIP.rar

#331 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock
  • 455 posts

Posted October 9, 2016 - 04:58 PM

I thought this sounded interesting enough to give it a try, but after extracting to my CAT folder, I get a script execution error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "CAT.py"' line 233, in <module>
  create22tracksBtn.grid(row=3, column=1, sticky="WE", padx=5, pady=2)
NameError: name 'create22tracksBtn' is not defined

It looks like I'm missing the referenced module, and I don't know how to obtain it.

Roland Drums | Gibraltar Rack & Hardware | Pearl / Hercules Stands | M-Audio Keyboards | Charts by Harmonix, C3 & Me
░    WiP : Blues Traveler - Run-Around   ░▒▓█ 

#332 Alternity

Alternity
  • 387 posts

Posted October 9, 2016 - 06:50 PM

Whoops, that was a button that I removed because I haven't worked on that function yet; apparently I forgot to delete that part of the code.

I reuploaded with this line deleted; same link.

#333 Alternity

Alternity
  • 387 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 12:11 AM

I don't know if it's a bug; and I don't really care for animations but other do so I'll point it out:

On my latest release I just noticed that the drum animations are weird: the intro is in 7/4 and drums hits the hi-hat every beat; though CAT made it so drummer alternate hands. I don't think this was intended behavior.

You can see what I mean just by looking at the first minute of the video on the preview: http://customscreato...s-enough-r14919

#334 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 01:21 AM

Whoops, forgot about the update you sent, I'll try to check it during this month.

On my latest release I just noticed that the drum animations are weird: the intro is in 7/4 and drums hits the hi-hat every beat; though CAT made it so drummer alternate hands.

Can you upload the RPP?

#335 Alternity

Alternity
  • 387 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 01:23 AM

Sure : http://www.mediafire...s is Enough.RPP

#336 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 02:13 AM

Definitely works right on my end, all notes on the right hand.

#337 Alternity

Alternity
  • 387 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 02:22 AM

Hmm that's weird. Thanks for letting me know.

#338 expertwin

expertwin
  • 62 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 03:50 AM

TkoeGFR.png

#339 Alternity

Alternity
  • 387 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 04:06 AM

Do you have the latest 2.7.x python version?

Are you using the same bit version for both REAPER and python?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CAT, Tools, Error

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users