MaybeTowelie's Customs (5/15/18) My Morning Jacket - Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 06:47 PM

If it's okay with Towlie. Maybe he's doing his own and wants to post it himself.

Ahh gotcha. Towelie?

#22 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 161 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 11:38 PM

For anyone that hasn't seen it in the stickied thread on the top, the C3 Automation Tools is a great little thing for adding pretty acceptable, but not up to C3 standards EMH reductions so I threw this song through it. I'll be keeping it, but I was a little disappointed in the guitar chart. I don't know how to explain it, but during the main riff, it really feels like the notes should be alternating. I looked it up on a Rocksmith Youtube video and it shows exactly what I mean when they start hitting those green and purple notes around 19 seconds in. Would that be a tough thing to tackle? Aside from that notalkies and harmonies, which I think would be great (as well as throwing in the "stop" in the very beginning which wasn't charted), I have no other problems. I love this song.

Thanks for the feedback. When I get a chance ill take a look at the guitar track and see what can be done. I don't know how soon that will be.

If it's okay with Towlie. Maybe he's doing his own and wants to post it himself.

Go ahead and post it! Saves me the trouble of doing reductions until I get a chance to do some other revisions to the song.

#23 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 01:22 AM

Okay, so I don't know what I was playing when I came to make that post, but I played the song again and the chart is fine. None of my critiques on the guitar chart are relevant anymore, so don't worry about it.

However, if you could work in real vocals, that'd be great!

Posted Image

http://www.mediafire... ... Is_My_Mind

Here's the song with CAT reductions. It seemed to play fine for me on the lower difficulties, but I'm new to using CAT so keep that in mind. For me, at least, it's good enough. There's lower charting on all the difficulties.

#24 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:23 AM

Okay, song crashed my game tonight, may need some more testing :/

\bear with me.

#25 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 09:39 PM

http://www.mediafire... ... Is_My_Mind

If you're one of the 3 people that downloaded before this post, replace it with this version. Somehow, the vocal chart from the midi was missing so I put it back in.

#26 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 678 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 10:27 PM

Isn't this the song that had the hyphens in the wrong place?

It went
I was swim -min' in the Car -ib -be -an

The hyphens go after the syllable, not before.

My Customs (Now only ⅔ ACDC!)

#27 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 10:52 PM

I think the CAT can clean that up, right? I don't really know anything about vocal charting rules.

#28 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 161 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 08:36 AM

4/28/14 - New song! Cat reductions, unpitched harmonies.

OmxiMUG.jpg
http://d.c3universe....2ea236.62583238

#29 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 161 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 11:44 PM

I have went back and updated Give It Away and Where Is My Mind. They both now have CAT reductions, and unpitched harmonies. I made some corrections in the guitar track of Where Is My Mind, and tidied up the Give It Away guitar track. I also added a link to download the reaper files if anyone is interested.

You will need to delete the old CONs and replace it with the new one. When I added harmonies, I could not get it to show up in game without deleting the cache (which I did not want to do). So I changed the song id and deleted the old versions, and that did the trick.

#30 SirBrak

SirBrak
  • 9 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 03:00 AM

Thanks for the reductions on "Give it Away". I was really looking forward to playing this one and my arthritic fingers don't work on guitar that well above the medium setting. :P

And thanks for authoring it to begin with.

#31 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 04:08 PM

I have went back and updated Give It Away and Where Is My Mind. They both now have CAT reductions, and unpitched harmonies. I made some corrections in the guitar track of Where Is My Mind, and tidied up the Give It Away guitar track. I also added a link to download the reaper files if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the updates!

#32 Bryan2Blazed

Bryan2Blazed
  • 80 posts

Posted May 2, 2014 - 04:06 AM

I used to listen to April 29, 1992 (Miami) on cassette tape when I was 15 on my friends 4th floor deck drinking 22 ounce bumpers of Fosters beer we had stole from the neighbors house. Great song. Thank you for this.
Rock Band Customs Skype Chathttp://tinyurl.com/rockbandcustomschat

#33 lynxis

lynxis
  • 58 posts

Posted May 2, 2014 - 01:07 PM

I used to listen to April 29, 1992 (Miami) on cassette tape when I was 15 on my friends 4th floor deck drinking 22 ounce bumpers of Fosters beer we had stole from the neighbors house. Great song. Thank you for this.

Haha... suckers.
...as the final sunset rolls...

#34 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 678 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 10:29 PM

I just played the Sublime track on guitar and noticed a few oddities. It seems you have the note pitches going the opposite way throughout a lot of it. The main 3-note chords seem to do that, as if they they be reversed. I also recall the ending G to O slide doing that.

I thought the chart was well done, but notes on the guitar, bass, and 5-lane keys go low to high, left to right.

Just felt like pointing that out. Thanks for bringing more Sublime into the game.

My Customs (Now only ⅔ ACDC!)

#35 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 07:04 PM

I have went back and updated Give It Away and Where Is My Mind. They both now have CAT reductions, and unpitched harmonies. I made some corrections in the guitar track of Where Is My Mind, and tidied up the Give It Away guitar track.

Hey Towlie, did you run CAT reductions on Where is My Mind yourself? I want to know if I should take down the download link for the one I did if you did your own. No point in having two downloads for the same song.

#36 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 161 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 12:15 AM

I just played the Sublime track on guitar and noticed a few oddities. It seems you have the note pitches going the opposite way throughout a lot of it. The main 3-note chords seem to do that, as if they they be reversed. I also recall the ending G to O slide doing that.

I thought the chart was well done, but notes on the guitar, bass, and 5-lane keys go low to high, left to right.

Just felt like pointing that out. Thanks for bringing more Sublime into the game.

Thanks for the feedback! When I get a chance ill go back through and correct that.

#37 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 161 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 12:17 AM

I have went back and updated Give It Away and Where Is My Mind. They both now have CAT reductions, and unpitched harmonies. I made some corrections in the guitar track of Where Is My Mind, and tidied up the Give It Away guitar track.

Hey Towlie, did you run CAT reductions on Where is My Mind yourself? I want to know if I should take down the download link for the one I did if you did your own. No point in having two downloads for the same song.

Yes, I did run the CAT reductions on it. Thanks for putting up your version until I had a chance to update mine!

#38 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 05:09 AM

Cool. I'll take my version down and even replace it in my personal collection with yours. Thanks!

Any plans to pitch the vocals on it?

#39 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 06:46 AM

I removed my CAT version and linked back to your thread with a note to update on vocals so everyone would know of your upgrades! Good work, dude!

#40 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 161 posts

Posted May 27, 2014 - 06:45 PM

5/27/14 - The guitar and rhythm (charted to keys) parts were ripped straight from GH2. I charted the drums, bass, and unpitched vocals. CAT reductions. Enjoy!

D3hTDqA.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users