Colonel's Customs - Latest Update (06/19/2016)

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#1 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 01:25 AM

All my customs, FB or not, are now in the database.  

#2 MiltoniusPrime

MiltoniusPrime
  • 537 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 04:52 AM

This is making me want to do "Love, Hate, Love". Unless you're already working on it.

#3 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,273 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 06:50 AM

I think your customs show up in game as having all instruments. Fooled me when I loaded them in game. :)

#4 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 09:38 AM

Say, why the new thread when you already have one? Isn't it better to keep it all in one thread so it's easier to find your work?

horror_movie_special fan club member

#5 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 06:06 PM

Say, why the new thread when you already have one? Isn't it better to keep it all in one thread so it's easier to find your work?

You're right. Everything will post on this topic now.

#6 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 06:10 PM

I think your customs show up in game as having all instruments. Fooled me when I loaded them in game. :)

In the game, yes they do. As I've mentioned, I copy the guitar chart to bass and just "fill in a bit" for the drums so the animations show them doing something. Unfortunately, because of that, they show up in the library as having parts. If there's a workaround to this, I'd love to know it, but I'm not going to have them just sit there while the song plays. I started titling songs with a "NAME -VGx" so I would know that the song only has Vocals and Guitar, expert.

#7 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 06:14 PM

This is making me want to do "Love, Hate, Love". Unless you're already working on it.

Do it!!! I'm not sure if it's on my list of "songs to come" (there are 18 more AiC songs in queue) since I'm at work right now. Even if it is, do it anyway! First one to post it wins - along with everyone else who loves Alice in Chains.

#8 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,669 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 06:22 PM

I have a different Banana Stand shirt, that thing was so good. :)

#9 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 07:12 PM

I have a different Banana Stand shirt, that thing was so good. :)

I snapped the picture of a friend at work. I couldn't stop laughing. Hey, since you posted here (of which I am honored) I'd like to thank you for all you've done. Your song selection is great, your charts are impeccable. You are an inspiration to me and, I'm certain, many, many other authors. I don't know where you find the time for all you do, but thank you very much for it. Your advice to others has helped me greatly and I always look forward to Farottone releases. Rock on, brutha!

#10 slimkidd85

slimkidd85
  • 97 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 09:08 PM

Any plans to finish Tired? I love Stone Sour and would love it if it had Drums and Bass too.

#11 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,669 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 09:25 PM

I don't know where you find the time for all you do!

I don't know either! Thanks for your words, happy you're enjoying all this and thanks for contributing. :)

#12 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:49 PM

Any plans to finish Tired? I love Stone Sour and would love it if it had Drums and Bass too.

Nope. But feel free to do so!

#13 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 02:30 AM

2/17/24 - Three new songs. Puddle of Mudd, Tesla and Little River Band** (**vocals only)

#14 hunttj

hunttj
  • 106 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 07:39 PM

Spaceship! My wife loves that song. Thanks for the upload!

#15 WolfgangJT

WolfgangJT
  • 136 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 02:49 AM

Oh hell yes...Paradise....thank you!!! Can't wait to try this one in a bit...only odd thing for me I guess will be getting used to the acoustic version, but after watching the youtube vid of it, the vocals don't seem too changed. :)

#16 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 04:35 AM

Spaceship! My wife loves that song. Thanks for the upload!

Puddle of Mudd are awesome. More of PoM awesomeness to come.

Oh hell yes...Paradise....thank you!!! Can't wait to try this one in a bit...only odd thing for me I guess will be getting used to the acoustic version, but after watching the youtube vid of it, the vocals don't seem too changed. :)

Great song if you like Tesla. I didn't even know they did a studio version. I've only heard the live version and it sounded like the guitarists were pouring out as much emotion as the singer. The song has multiple guitar parts at once and I didn't really try to pick them apart, I simply went with what I predominantly heard and what felt right. It plays well and feels pretty good to me. The vocals feel "on" as well, inflections and all. Hope you like it.

#17 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 25, 2014 - 01:38 AM

2/24/14 - Three new songs:
Ra - "Do You Call My Name?"
Jefferson Starship - "(Familiar) Stranger"
Seether - "Driven Under"

#18 hunttj

hunttj
  • 106 posts

Posted February 25, 2014 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the new content! Looking forward to playing the Seether song on guitar while singing.

I could probably add drums to a song or two - do I need the original reaper files and source audio or can I somehow get that from the rb3con file? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm just getting started with authoring and have a lot to learn.

#19 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 709 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the new content! Looking forward to playing the Seether song on guitar while singing.

You're welcome! This is a great song to sing and strum.

I could probably add drums to a song or two - do I need the original reaper files and source audio or can I somehow get that from the rb3con file? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm just getting started with authoring and have a lot to learn.

It's not dumb at all. Without asking questions it'll take you forever to figure things out. Download C3 CON Tools (a.k.a. LeFluffie C3) and use the batch extractor to pull out the files then dump them into reaper and start playing around. And when you're done, take a moment and thank the C3 geniuses who continue to make all this possible for us laymen.
:excited: :dance: :excited:

#20 Distressed Ping

Distressed Ping
  • 279 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 08:14 AM

Some cool song's here. Shame there not full instrument charted. :cripes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users