[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#1181 Shroud

Shroud
  • 505 posts

Posted July 25, 2020 - 07:35 PM

As I attempt to try again with with only 30 files, HEN is now starting with the text "Update Server Responded with an Error" or something like that.
It looks like it loads HEN, but when I launch IRISHman, it freezes after I select "File Manager".

You could try to go offline so that HEN doesn't try to update itself.

However if IrisMAN starts I think HEN is running. I don't know why it freezes but I notice some weird behaviour with IrisMAN: when I have a specific 3rd-party wireless gamepad adapter plugged into USB, then I cannot properly enter a few IrisMAN sections like the File Manager :/

#1182 xoxidine

xoxidine
  • 27 posts

Posted July 25, 2020 - 07:47 PM

Disabling the internet gave me "Could not resolve update host" same difference I guess.

IrisMAN loads, but File Manager freezes still. Sigh. I think this was my sign. After so much time, this process isn't nearly as streamlined as I would have expected after so many years, even for a community driven project. Maybe that's the complexity of the task, or the lack of active development. Either way, I don't know that this is worth the trouble.

#1183 Shroud

Shroud
  • 505 posts

Posted July 25, 2020 - 08:49 PM

Disabling the internet gave me "Could not resolve update host" same difference I guess.

That is not a problem. I get the same message all the time when offline, it simply means HEN can't connect to check for updates but doesn't prevent HEN from being enabled.

First I would check if it freezes also when the USB stick is not inserted. IrisMAN File Manager tries to open the last folder used, so maybe the problem is in the USB stick.

If it fails, I would try to reinstall IrisMAN,

#1184 Hadock

Hadock
  • 4 posts

Posted July 30, 2020 - 10:56 PM

Hey there. Im new in this topic and first off i must say thank you for this Project. Sadly i still face some problems. I got Hen installed and workin file managment is fine too. I did load 80 Songs and i can play them and see them in my collection. So that is great, than i added more, i used the exsiting Dat File and Data is getting added and songs are converted and merched. 

When i start the game, i can see the 80 Songs i added before and thats it, the new ones wont show up.

I tried to add 120 from scratch the 80 included same issue, aftr 80 Songs i dont see more. Does anyone have an idea, what i can do?

#1185 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 65 posts

Posted August 2, 2020 - 10:27 PM

Do you see all 120 songs when logged in via FTP?  FTP server shows successful upload? And you chose to overwrite the old DTA file during the upload?  

Asking the simple stuff... :)  

#1186 Hadock

Hadock
  • 4 posts

Posted August 3, 2020 - 04:00 PM

Well yeah it all loads, i found a song which wasnt workin and i deleted that one. That it seemed like it worked, 110 Songs fine, than i added more now i get a black screen. im so confused...

#1187 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 65 posts

Posted August 3, 2020 - 05:53 PM

Keep at it - process of eliminating a bad song.  Once you get a good library going, it's worth it...thanks to all of the authors and developer types out there to whom I owe a lot of entertainment hours...

#1188 xoxidine

xoxidine
  • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday

Once you get a good library going, it's worth it...

Is it worth it on PS3? Or am I polishing a tin can?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users