Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted July 17, 2019 - 05:30 PM

http://customscreato...ps4-beta/page-1

#1082 keran22

keran22
  • 1 posts

Posted July 26, 2019 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys, I just got everything set up and working on PS3 from scratch, it's brilliant! Here's the things that went wrong for me, and what I did to fix them - it's a lot of obvious stuff to many here probably, but to a newbie, I reckon it would probably be helpful for you to avoid the mistakes I made!

1) When converting songs to PS3 from Xbox, always use Type 3 encoding. I got an error that a DLL file was missing which isn't supplied in the 2010 C++ Runtime files. Solved it by downloading the 2013 C++ Runtime files. 

2) Such an easy mistake to make - make sure your songs are the right region! The system was in PAL when I needed them in NTSC. There's a button in the menu that changes it, it's really easy to do, just change it before converting them from Xbox into PS3 files.

3) After loads and loads of trial and error, one big problem that was causing things not to show up was that I had Rock Band DLC which was messing with it. It was a Franz Ferdinand track pack which comes under BLUS30050. I don't know if customs just don't work with that track pack, or if it makes the game think it should be looking somewhere else to find the files, but regardless, by using a file manager to remove the BLUS30050 folder the game immediately recognised the customs.

4) When I tried adding a bulk of songs it kept hanging when trying to load. I saw someone else on the forum had a problem with Time is Running Out by Muse - and sure enough, after removing that song from my songs.dat file and the game folder, everything worked like a charm.

In terms of how long it took, I would say for sure five or six hours - but we've already spent more than that today playing the game! Really, really good stuff.

Hopefully someone finds this useful if they're having problems!

#1083 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted July 26, 2019 - 06:59 PM

Another folder shouldn't cause problem, unless the folder was already problematic to begin with, are you positive you didn't have any issues with the BLUS30050 folder prior to installing customs in the custom songs folder?

#1084 owlman14

owlman14
  • 7 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 08:21 PM

i have hen installed on my ps3 succefully my issue is once ive converted the songs and copied them to my flash drive along with the dta file in to my ps3 i dont see the BLUS30463/USRDIR/ directories, so i created them and pasted the songs in there but they still dont show up on my game

#1085 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 08:26 PM

The BLUS folder is different for PAL and NTSC, so if you have the PAL copy of the game the folder will be BLES00986.

#1086 owlman14

owlman14
  • 7 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 08:40 PM

i have the ntsc version of the game , but the folder did not show up when i first tried copying the songs. i even tried making a character and saving to see if the folder got created but nothing

#1087 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 09:10 PM

This folder is created when you download the update and/or DLCs. I strongly suggest you download the update, as custom songs might have issues with earlier versions of the game.

#1088 owlman14

owlman14
  • 7 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 09:18 PM

How would I download and install updates if I'm already on ofw 4.84 hen?

#1089 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted September 13, 2019 - 10:01 PM

Game updates have nothing to do with your firmware version, you can download game updates regardless just by being connected to the internet, PSN connection is not required.

Connect to internet with PS3, attempt to boot game, PS3 will ask if you want to update.

#1090 owlman14

owlman14
  • 7 posts

Posted September 14, 2019 - 02:26 AM

I will try this when I get home, I skippedit due to fear of bricking my console or screwing something up

#1091 owlman14

owlman14
  • 7 posts

Posted September 14, 2019 - 09:42 AM

So I updated the game and my songs showed up thank you

#1092 Shroud

Shroud
  • 189 posts

Posted September 14, 2019 - 12:29 PM

So I updated the game and my songs showed up thank you

Great to see more people playing customs on ps3, welcome! :)

#1093 owlman14

owlman14
  • 7 posts

Posted September 14, 2019 - 05:11 PM

I've been wanting to play for the longest time on an e kit and now that I pulled the trigger on one I'm pretty excited

#1094 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 48 posts

Posted September 26, 2019 - 01:52 AM

You can put how many songs you want, the game will only load that amount, that's a system related issue, not customs related.

Sorry to ask same question, but I think I’ve read everything I can and I’m still not clear.

Is the 2952 limit related to total song count (original + dlc + customs) or just the hmx0756 folder? If it is “total” song count, can you safely remove some of the original and dlc to make room for more customs? If yes, is it as simple as manipulating the .data file associated to the song i.e. remove the .dta file or remove the specific song entry from the .dta file?

#1095 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted September 26, 2019 - 02:19 AM

The limit is the total count of songs you have in your library, regardless of source.

The easiest way to get more space on PS3 without a hassle is to get a copy of both regions. They coexist and your PS3 can boot both and each region uses their own game folders.

Another way is to rename multiple folders in the HMX0756 folder and name the one you want to play "songs", any other folder will not be loaded by the game.

#1096 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 48 posts

Posted September 26, 2019 - 09:40 PM

The limit is the total count of songs you have in your library, regardless of source.

The easiest way to get more space on PS3 without a hassle is to get a copy of both regions. They coexist and your PS3 can boot both and each region uses their own game folders.

Another way is to rename multiple folders in the HMX0756 folder and name the one you want to play "songs", any other folder will not be loaded by the game.

Thanks for your quick response.  I think I am following you on the options you suggest.  Any comment about manipulating dta files for original and DLC?  I ask because there is a chunk of stuff we never play and would never miss.  I could probably gain a few hundred spots back that way which would hold me for a while.

#1097 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted September 26, 2019 - 10:29 PM

There's nothing really hard about manipulating those. Just one thing to know: The mid.edat files are encrypted to use that specific HMX/UGC folder so your DLC will only work in the folder you found them, so I suggest backing up the whole HMX/UGC folders instead of just the files inside it so that you don't forget later in which folder the songs works.

Renaming the folders to something like HMXxxxx_temp or something would also work, since the game would skip those, or better yet, make a temp folder and put all those HMX/UGC folders in there and take them out whenever you wanna play those.

#1098 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 48 posts

Posted October 1, 2019 - 12:59 AM

So basically I ended up making some tough calls to clean up space.  I identified some folders associated to some less than desirable songs (sorry Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld - sacrilege I know...) and copied them to a thumb drive.  Then I deleted the folders off of the PS3 which freed up some song count with apparently no negative impact.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

#1099 Spike1958

Spike1958
  • 11 posts

Posted October 3, 2019 - 01:07 AM

First off, thanks to everyone on this site and elsewhere who have taken the time to create customs and the guys over at PSX-Place for all their work.

I am excited to be able to play some of my favorite songs that never made it to RB.

Anyway, my PS3 was already at 4.85. I tried to downgrade it to 4.84 prior to going to the HFW version, but that did not work. But when I checked PSX, there was a version of HFW 4.85 available, so I used that. It upgraded fine, no problem with that. I wanted to try out RB3 and RBTB  to make sure they still worked prior to going further and putting HEN on.

Both games played fine, except none of the DLC would work. Beatles just stayed on the 'loading' screen while RB3 said 'song not found, skipping'.

I put HEN on, but that made no difference. I then reloaded HFW4.85 and that was good. This time I logged onto PSN using the extra id I had created and activated the PS3. I then tried RB3, but same issue. I logged off PSN and logged into the PS3 using the login that the games were loaded and played under initially. Same issue. I have not logged on to PSN with this ID in case it gets banned(I don't know if that happens with this HFW) as that is my primary PSN I use on my PS4.

So do I have to redownload all the DLC I had? Will that fix the issue? Can I do that without logging in to PSN? If this is not fixable, can I just swap back my old HDD whenever I want to play The Beatles? I don't need the dlc on RB3 as it is all over on my PS4.

thanks very much

#1100 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,029 posts

Posted October 3, 2019 - 02:20 AM

I'm not sure about the HDD swapping, you can try it if you have a spare laptop HDD/SSD. Though even before trying that I'd ask in PS3 modding forums, the PS3 is very protected and it could generate different keys every time you swap HDD or something and that would make the other HDD not useable without a format if that's the case, so defenetly do some reading on the subject.

As far as I understand with HEN/HAN, when it's activated you loose access to your legit DLC, but you should get access back when you disable it (i.e. reboot your console), so I'm not sure what's going on there, but that's probably something you want to address to an actual PS3 modding forums.

In theory, if you use type 3 encryption when converting Xbox CON files to PS3 format, you shouldn't even need to activate HAN/HEN as this will produce a "free" edat file, eliminating the need to use rap files and whatnot, and even HAN/HEN, all you need is the initial modding of the console really, as far as I understand (I have never used the HAN/HEN method myself, I'm simply going off what people told me).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users