[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#1061 Andy

Andy
  • 34 posts

Posted May 7, 2019 - 07:12 AM

The problem was that the game couldn't unlock the midi file for use because there was no way to install the rap file. The song would show up in the songlist (because the game can read dta file no matter what) but once you select it it would skip the song with a popup.

Does the rap file has anything to do with the encryption type being used when converting customs to PS3 format using C3 CON Tools?

I was wondering that, because there is at least one person who is playing customs after merely FTPing them into the correct folder, but without having installed the rap file... and if I understand correctly the Type 3 encryption of the CON Tools may be DRM-free (because HAN users report that Type 3 -encrypted customs still work while HAN is not activated).

#1062 Alternity

Alternity
  • 941 posts

Posted May 7, 2019 - 06:59 PM

All I know is that different encryption types uses different softwares to encrypt the midi file. I would guess the rap file (and the k-license from the klic.txt file) is used for that process, but I'm not too sure how type 3 works compared to the others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users