[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3
Posted April 4, 2018 - 05:10 AM
The problem here is not the creation of the rap file but the installation. Custom songs uses the RB2 Free Pack folder and rap file.
Posted April 4, 2018 - 04:54 PM
The rap file is included with C3 CON Tools (both for NTSC and PAL).The problem here is not the creation of the rap file but the installation. Custom songs uses the RB2 Free Pack folder and rap file.
I'm not sure if this RB2 Free Pack is still available.
The problem with PS3 using the PS3xploit on OFW is that you can explore the folders, but can't manage files.
For instalation of any custom content, only through package installation.
I think I read some way to resign and build a package from edat files, but still gotta try it.
I saw the NTSC.rap, but I was uncertain if that would be the one mentioned in the tutorial.
Posted April 4, 2018 - 05:23 PM
You can also try TRUEancestor backup injecter.
The problem was that the game couldn't unlock the midi file for use because there was no way to install the rap file. The song would show up in the songlist (because the game can read dta file no matter what) but once you select it it would skip the song with a popup.
Both rap files are valid, you just need to rename them before installation (if such thing is possible). There should be a klic.txt or klicense.txt file in the bin folder of C3 CON Tools, it contains the original name of the rap files.
One thing you could try if you already "bought" the RB2 free pack on your account: Inject the songs and do the backup recovery process then once in-game (or anyways, in PSN store) re-download the RB2 free pack, wait for it to unlock and then cancel. It could or could not work, it might just delete the folder too but if not it might just activate the pack, worth the test.
Worth mentionning that this test can be done with any RB DLC you bought with your PSN account as long as you have the rap file and the klicense for it. You can swap the rap file in C3 CON Tools and the klicense in the txt file to use any, these are used to encrypt the midi files.
Posted April 17, 2018 - 04:28 PM
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a solution anywhere.
I have downloaded a couple of songs to add to my existing library (as usual) and I also decided to remove a couple of duplicates from my songs.dta file. What that resulted in is new songs not showing up at all in-game, even though their entries are clearly in the .dta file (and the quick pack editor recognizes all of them). I don't have a backed up songs.dta file from before the new songs were added, which I imagine would resolve my issue (however the duplicates would still be there).
Is there a trick to editing the songs.dta file that I don't know? Why does my game only show SOME of the songs from that file on the song list? Some, to be precise, means all of them but the 4 new songs.
EDIT: I did some research in my DTA file using CON tools and I found that these songs now have song IDs conflicting with my other songs (for some reason). My question now becomes: how do I resolve song ID conflicts?
EDIT: I ended up manually changing the song IDs in the DTA file to increments of the maximum ID value in the file. I don't know if that's the proper way to fix conflicts though.
Posted April 17, 2018 - 07:35 PM
Songs not showing up (especially if they are all your new songs) should mean that there's a typo somewhere in your DTA. The game will ignore every entry after the typo. Could be as stupid as a missing bracket. Conflincting IDs could be it too, but usually it's a typo.
Posted April 18, 2018 - 12:08 PM
The issue was the PS3 songs converter restarted the enumeration (that might be because of something I did wrong along the way) and the new songs conflicted with some of the old songs I had downloaded. After manually increasing the song IDs above the maximal existing values the songs did show up.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users