[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

• Please log in to reply
1046 replies to this topic

#1021 62c514a6

62c514a6
  • 3 posts

Posted September 22, 2017 - 12:22 AM

So I have an interesting issue. I know this is older, but maybe someone can help me.

I have a few thousand songs I'm trying to add. I'm on (PS3) CFW 4.81.2 REBUG. Yes, I know the limit is around 3000 songs. I'm under that.

Disclaimer: I'm teaching myself a lot of this with tutorials. This is my first real call for help.

I can't seem to add more than 100 songs to the proper folder without it freezing on the loading screen. The songs should be known good ones, because I can load 500 easily, between the different packs with seperate DTA files. They won't play if they aren't in the right folder, obviously, but they will load and read in the list. Is there a 100 song limit for the PS3? Maybe something I'm missing here?

#1022 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted September 22, 2017 - 01:04 PM

Your problem most likely is a bad DTA file, make sure every song has a valid DTA entry... if you don't know what to look for gotta try them one by one (or by batch to find the culprit).

If you are positive that all 500 songs works on their own, I literally have no idea what's going on, I've never heard anything like it. So far I am a little under 1500 songs in the same folder (the RB2 free pack, the one used in the tutorial) and it works fine.

#1023 62c514a6

62c514a6
  • 3 posts

Posted September 22, 2017 - 06:57 PM

So since the songs seem to work in packs of 100, this is a new issue altogether? How can I confirm the DTA files short of opening and reading every one of them individually?

#1024 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted September 22, 2017 - 07:24 PM

By loading them in-game and playing the song, there is no other way to assure that the song is not causing the issue.

I'd suggest to make a list of 100+ songs that you know works fine, then go on from there. If you still can't make packs bigger than 100 songs even though you have confirmed that every single song works I really have no idea what's going on, but the workaround would be the PAL method in the tutorial in the OP... I don't see any way around it.

Edit: Just a thought, but is the game updated to last version? If not I'd try that.

#1025 62c514a6

62c514a6
  • 3 posts

Posted September 22, 2017 - 08:07 PM

Ya. it's on 1.05.

And I doubt (read:hope) it isn't some CFW quirk since I love REBUG.

E: I'll try a few specific songs that I know function without a doubt when I get outta work. I'll update then. Thanks.

#1026 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted September 22, 2017 - 08:24 PM

You are on the same firmware as I am, REBUG is not the issue. I sent you a message about online play if interested.

#1027 Redwing2510

Redwing2510
  • 11 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 05:39 PM

So I have an interesting issue. Stairway to Heaven is giving me a problem when I load it up in Rockband 3. It says unable to load song, skipping. Ive downloaded a hundred other songs and havent had this issue with any song but this one.

Does anyone know why my PS3 might be giving this issue? Im converting the CON and everything. Not sure what the problem is? Please if someone could help me troubleshoot this. I wanna play one of the most famous rock songs of all time :((((((

#1028 NeedDreamer

NeedDreamer
  • 202 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 06:42 PM

Has anybody had difficulties with Wiz Khalifa - See You Again. I have tried multiple times and the usual methods to get thus custom to show up on the PS3 song list. Just wondering if anybody on PS3 got this to show successfully.

#1029 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 07:02 PM

If the song doesn't show up it is a DTA error, make sure to check your DTA to see if there's any weird entry for this song or the song before this song in the DTA file.

When there's an bad DTA entry the game will ignore every songs after that entry.

#1030 NeedDreamer

NeedDreamer
  • 202 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 06:53 PM

If the song doesn't show up it is a DTA error, make sure to check your DTA to see if there's any weird entry for this song or the song before this song in the DTA file.

When there's an bad DTA entry the game will ignore every songs after that entry.

I've removed and added this some a few times, alone and with other songs. So when you say the song before this do you mean chronologically or within the group of songs which I add.

#1031 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 06:56 PM

The song before I mean when you open the DTA in a notepad (or any text editor) it's the entry right before in the order that you are reading it.

#1032 klauslewis

klauslewis
  • 4 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 11:42 AM

Hey guys, 

Great work!

On my PS3 every time i play the song YMCA it loops in the final part and the song crashes, but the ps3 doesn't.

I tried the 3 types of encryption and the song freezes too.

Is there any solution to this?

PS. My english is not so good!! =)

#1033 T3HM3T4L

T3HM3T4L
  • 70 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 12:41 PM

Hey guys, 

Great work!

On my PS3 every time i play the song YMCA it loops in the final part and the song crashes, but the ps3 doesn't.

I tried the 3 types of encryption and the song freezes too.

Is there any solution to this?

PS. My english is not so good!! =)

Did you try the instructions in the Help section of the PS3 Converter?

"4) song plays but loops right at the end before it can finish"

"Issue #4 can be solved by using one of the following two:
- click on Encryption Options -> Fix PS3 mogg that causes looping to select a PS3 mogg (after conversion) that loops and allow PS3 Converter to try and repair that mogg - if that doesn't work (i.e. it still loops), then try the following...
- click on Encryption Options -> Fix looping when converting to enable it, then try converting the Xbox version of the song again and it should hopefully fix the issue"

#1034 klauslewis

klauslewis
  • 4 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 01:32 PM

Did you try the instructions in the Help section of the PS3 Converter?

"4) song plays but loops right at the end before it can finish"

"Issue #4 can be solved by using one of the following two:
- click on Encryption Options -> Fix PS3 mogg that causes looping to select a PS3 mogg (after conversion) that loops and allow PS3 Converter to try and repair that mogg - if that doesn't work (i.e. it still loops), then try the following...
- click on Encryption Options -> Fix looping when converting to enable it, then try converting the Xbox version of the song again and it should hopefully fix the issue"

Yes, i tried both steps and still loops.

#1035 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 06:01 PM

Seems like the only that would fix it (if it does) it a repacking of the song, either by the author with the original files or you can use phase shit files too (though if it's multitracked an encrypted converting to phase shift will make it lose multitrack)

#1036 klauslewis

klauslewis
  • 4 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 09:48 PM

Seems like the only that would fix it (if it does) it a repacking of the song, either by the author with the original files or you can use phase shit files too (though if it's multitracked an encrypted converting to phase shift will make it lose multitrack)

I dont know how to do that, but thanks!

#1037 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 09:55 PM

You can ask the author of the custom song to try and repack it with magma.

#1038 JosephKorso

JosephKorso
  • 4 posts

Posted April 4, 2018 - 03:17 AM

I uhm... I have a stupid question.

I'm still unable to put CFW on my PS3, so I'm using the PS3xploit HAN Toolbox for OFW 4.82.

I can get a bunch of RB DLC to work just downloading .pkg from somewhere else, but can't seem to find a way to .edat to work on this exploit.

I know that "piracy content" won't be discussed here, but I'm really out of options.

Tons of state-of-the-art custom songs and I can't even try one to know if it's worth the effort.

#1039 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted April 4, 2018 - 03:55 AM

I have never found a way to make any EDAT file work without installing its corresponding RAP file on a OFW 4.81/4.82 console. AFAIK this was possible on an older OFW version, but not anymore. Sadly I don't own a OFW PS3 anymore for testing so I can't help with that.

If you do find a way though, please share. This would mean that people wouldn't need CFW anymore for RB3 customs (Although, this wouldn't be a straightforward and "fast" way to install songs)

#1040 JosephKorso

JosephKorso
  • 4 posts

Posted April 4, 2018 - 05:08 AM

I have never found a way to make any EDAT file work without installing its corresponding RAP file on a OFW 4.81/4.82 console. AFAIK this was possible on an older OFW version, but not anymore. Sadly I don't own a OFW PS3 anymore for testing so I can't help with that.If you do find a way though, please share. This would mean that people wouldn't need CFW anymore for RB3 customs (Although, this wouldn't be a straightforward and "fast" way to install songs)

Yeah, I thought so.
I don't know how to create a .rap for a custom either.
So I'm very much stuck for life here.
Thanks for the fast reply though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users