[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3
Posted December 22, 2016 - 01:43 PM
Recently I decided to dust off my jailbroken PS3 slim which I haven't touched for a while. I've been mainly using it as media player with Movian. However, there came time when I was bored and feeling adventurous and thought to myself -- why not put Rock Band 3 on it.
I was a little rusty PS3 homebrew scene wise, so had to do a little reading up. Here are the steps I took. Hope it will be helpful to somebody and prevent them from having to read all 50 pages of this thread on this forum and browsing various homebrew forums searching how to install rap's etc.
So here goes... while still fresh in the memory.
1. I'm still on Rogero 4.30 CFW. See no point in updating it, especially cause it might break some of the installed games (it's a library of almost 2TB worth of goodies). Spent loads of time setting it all up back in the day. So let's just leave as it is, whatever CFW you're on right now.
2. FTP the game. Should work both from internal/external, but I put it on internal -- BLUS30463, obviously. If you need 1.05 update, grab it from brewology or official place and install it. Unlike Xbox 360 version and TU5, Update 1.05 for PS3 version doesn't break anything.
3. If no DLC's have been loaded before, it's necessary to create /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR" path, because vanilla game has no installable content, so no USRDIR by default . When done, create two more sub-dirs so that final directory is as decribed in tutorial -- "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/".
4. To activate RAP files, one can use PSNpatch or ReactPSN. Difference is, in order to use PSNpatch your console account will have to be valid PSN account. So I had to use ReactPSN. If needed -- you can get it on brewology site.
5. ReactPSN requires dummy account to be created and named "aa". So do that.
6. Upload "ntsc.rap" file from /ps3 subdirectory from C3tools folder named "UP8802-BLUS30463_00-RBHMXBANDCCFF0D6.rap" to /exdata folder on external USB drive or a pen drive. Same is with any other DLC for the game, make sure it's named correctly.
7. Login to the dummy account and run ReactPSN. Once done, it will reload back to XMB. You can restart the console if you want, too.
8. Once booted, just login as main user and FTP content from "/ps3/Merged songs" to "HMX0756/songs/". Or if you're installing DLC, then install .pkg file.
9. Use whatever utility to launch the game. I still use multiMAN.
10. The game will load and find newly uploaded content.
Enjoy the customs.
Suggestion to "C3 tools" authors: perhaps there would be a possibility to create PKG straight within PS3 Converter during songs merging process? Sure, couldn't remove already uploaded songs, but would allow for simple installation for end-users.
Posted December 25, 2016 - 08:59 AM
Well as you know that problem with those songs is not a new one, it exists for more then a year ago when we found out about that kind of problem with the songs she will be loved, Harder to breathe, Somebody That I Used to Know, Bless My Show.
I'm telling you that making the same 16 channel song with original magma V2 works, while doing it with your version makes song corrupted or freezing in the menu. I know the facts... and I don't know where the problem is.
I can't tell you where or why it is happening, I just know that when I run the song trough original v2 magma it plays fine with (6 2 2 2 2 2) config, while in rock edition it doesnt and makes the song freeze.
if you still have song she will be loved or any other problematic song I mentioned, run it trough magma v2 and send the con file to us ps3 users to test it.
I hope I've used the quote function correctly here team. Apologies if I've baked it. Has anyone with a PS3 managed to get Harder to Breathe working properly? I've tried downloading both the Xbox .con in the Customs database and converting it, as well as the PS3 .rar from the legacy database but both still get all out of synch whilst playing. Just wondering if anyone has ever found a solution?
Posted December 27, 2016 - 04:54 PM
I added like 40 custom songs recently and the moment the game is loading the playlist, the PS3 freezes and I have to hard reset.
If i remove the 40 songs, it works again. How to know which song is causing this ?
Edit : Ok, looks like it was the Muse - Time is Running Out that caused the freeze. Is this a problem with me or the song ?
Also, the song Gotye - "Somebody That I Used to Know (ft. Kimbra)" freezes the game when the song starts playing (either in playlist, or ingame if you select it before the preview)
Posted January 16, 2017 - 06:56 PM
Rock Band 3 BLUS V 1.0!
466 DLCs installed
Downloaded all songs in C3 database that had links under PS3 (so no conversion).
2759 total songs:)
I let the DLCs load before I start choosing songs (works everytime)
I scrolled through the whole list in the game to see which freezes the console. The following did.
-L-Train Moonrise Part 1 1x & 2x
-The Devils - World Exclusive
-Van Halen - I ain't talklin' 'bout love
Hall & Oates freezes almost at the end of the song.
Will post as I continue playing more songs.
Great job guys, thank you very much.
Question. I want to update the game to 1.05, should I go 1.01 > 1.02 ... >1.05 or just install 1.05?
Posted January 16, 2017 - 08:25 PM
1.05 works fine.
Also as for the songs that are freezing try downloading the xbox CON file and convert it using type 3 encryption; if that doesn't work try all the encryption types; if that still doesn't work I guess you're out of luck. A very few songs just don't work on PS3; though some does work with a different encryption type.
Posted January 18, 2017 - 10:56 AM
The Hall & Oates song worked when I did just that. I'll definitely try that with the rest that don't work.
I'm starting to download from the new database and I didn't know there were so many songs on this site.
I hope my PS3 can take the beating...again.
Posted February 14, 2017 - 04:48 AM
Hey, I'm having trouble putting more customs on my PS3. I've updated everything and I think it's maybe me overloading filezilla. File 756 has 1157 entries and I'm wondering if I just have too many files in it.
Is there a limit to FZ?
I haven't hit the 3000 song limit. I have 2340 total and I've been using customs for well over 2 years with little to no problems. I don't want to delete songs if I can't reinstall them.
Posted February 16, 2017 - 04:24 AM
The last custom I got working was the 3 Tetris theme medly from the gameboy. I didn't like the cover so I changed it when I added a couple more songs, about 5 more. The old customs are still there and the ones that I labeled with numbers still save their scores, but the new ones don't show up. The tetris cover is different, but none of the songs I've added after that one show up.
After about 700 songs the file that I put in and rename to songs.dta takes a little bit more time to transfer over and if I try to rename it right away, it'll jump to whatever letter I type, just because. Also, if I forget I've named a song something, like Jungle Love, the game will read the first one but not the second. If the songs.dta file says a song is there, but I've deleted it, there will be a blank song and if I try to load it it will get stuck in a loading loop that only a reset can stop. I know it's not those problems because it's behaving differently.
Posted February 16, 2017 - 04:41 AM
Maybe there's a limit of how many songs can be in a single pack (Don't forget on PS3 we are using the RB2 free song pack 01).
One thing to try would be the PAL tutorial in the OP, using another pack you purchased and adding songs there. I always suspected there was a song limit in a single pack, this could be the confirmation.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users