funkydunkleman's Customs (3/15) - AC/DC - Crabsody in Blue

ac/dc eminem taylor swift james bond oasis don henley unpitched

• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#21 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted January 1, 2014 - 02:04 PM

Oh my god, someone did Lose Yourself. This is amazing, thank you.

Just one thing about the harmonies - have you thought about charting the backing singer who sings along with him in the chorus? You can hear someone singing along at "you only get one shot", for example. :) Edit: Here's the isolated vocals so you know what I'm talking about.

#22 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted January 1, 2014 - 04:19 PM

Wow I didn't know that existed.

But I probably won't do that. I remember reading someone on here say that if you can't hear it that well in the final mix, that it shouldn't be charted. When you listen to the actual song, it's pretty difficult to pick out. Also during the verses, Em just raps over himself randomly, and that would be a pain to go through. For me it comes down to time spent vs. enjoyment to be had, and I imagine most would be happy just to have the base lyrics there. Also, vocals suck, and I hate doing them. :)

My Customs (Now only ⅔ ACDC!)

#23 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,450 posts

Posted January 1, 2014 - 05:02 PM

Wow I didn't know that existed.

But I probably won't do that. I remember reading someone on here say that if you can't hear it that well in the final mix, that it shouldn't be charted.

Just to clarify: it's not that you shouldn't chart what is not perfectly clear in the mix. It's that the "feel" that is clear in the final mix should be preserved. There's a ton of bass drum hits, in example, that you can hear once you isolate the stem but that are not that clear in the final mix. Now, if you add those hits in, you change the feel of the drums, so it's correct to leave them out. However, if something IS there and it has ne bearings on the feel of the song, it should be charted. That goes for an ideal/C3 chart, you can do what you want with your songs, I just wanted to clarify the reasoning behind the choice of charting/not charting something.

#24 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted January 2, 2014 - 05:00 PM

Very cool. Thanks for posting!

#25 Mr Wally

Mr Wally
  • 332 posts

Posted January 4, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for another great song, also extra thanks for mentioning omgyourdead's rap rock band thread on 360iso got some good ones from there.

"I am the Tekno Junkie"

#26 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted January 4, 2014 - 09:58 PM

New song time! I'm fairly sure I haven't seen this anywhere else... at least I hope not now;

Posted Image

This one took longer that it should have. This was my first time dealing with a true vocal track, and I think I did alright. There are no harmonies. There could be and there should be, but I had enough trouble dealing with the main vocals as is. If this ever got upgraded in the future, that would be awesome, but I'm not experienced enough to be having a go at it. It shouldn't really detract from the song. A lot of it (the backing vocals) is just Michael randomly throwing in bits here and there. It can still be enjoyed by a 5 person band. Guitar is fun, drums are fun, bass is fun, and keys can be a little tough at times (G-Y-O chords).

This is one of the most popular songs of all time, and it's presence in the game is long overdue. I hope you all enjoy it!

#27 Darksphere92

Darksphere92
  • 214 posts

Posted January 4, 2014 - 10:05 PM

New song time! I'm fairly sure I haven't seen this anywhere else... at least I hope not now;

Posted Image

This is one of the most popular songs of all time, and it's presence in the game is long overdue. I hope you all enjoy it!

Thank you, i think im going to cry now. :excited:

#28 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 761 posts

Posted January 4, 2014 - 11:22 PM

Wow!

You are doing some awesome work and some highly requested songs. Thank you!

#29 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted January 4, 2014 - 11:24 PM

Good work again!

#30 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,589 posts

Posted January 4, 2014 - 11:36 PM

Excellent release. Keep up the great work!

#31 EdTanguy

EdTanguy
  • 291 posts

Posted January 4, 2014 - 11:53 PM

Great song choices, I played Lose yourself today.. and oddly enough, found it weird with words charted separately instead of syllables and thought the guitar chart was a bit... ambitious.. nevertheless, i look forward to trying billie jean ^^

#32 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted January 5, 2014 - 04:22 AM

found it weird with words charted separately instead of syllables

I guess it's just a personal opinion of mine, but I don't think rap songs with faster lyrics should be split. Reading it can get overwhelming at times, for me, and people I've played with.

There's vom- it on his sweat- er al- rea- dy mom's spa- ghet- ti

That just looks dumb to me. It might cause people to focus too hard on reading the syllables rather than enjoying singing it. Again, just my opinion.

Billie Jean is back to normal though.

#33 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,917 posts

Posted January 5, 2014 - 04:24 AM

While you can certainly do whatever you want for your customs, it is objectively wrong to do what apparently you did (I still haven't had a chance to test the song).
Players are used to how it's been done for nearly 6 years now. All words are broken down by syllables, and those who know the game's mechanics well but perhaps not the song by heart, will actually suffer from charting this way.

#34 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted January 5, 2014 - 04:38 AM

Yikes. Good to know though. Maybe that's why no one was doing Eminem songs haha. Legacy had over 800 words and that was torture. Include syllables and it's probably over 1200.

Also, I thought multi-syllable pitched words only needed to be broken up if they changed pitch throughout the word, so there are a few oopsies in Billie Jean (I counted 10, nothing significant). Just thought I'd let anyone know I'm now aware of that before they return with feedback.

#35 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 781 posts

Posted January 5, 2014 - 04:39 AM

found it weird with words charted separately instead of syllables

I guess it's just a personal opinion of mine, but I don't think rap songs with faster lyrics should be split. Reading it can get overwhelming at times, for me, and people I've played with.

There's vom- it on his sweat- er al- rea- dy mom's spa- ghet- ti

That just looks dumb to me. It might cause people to focus too hard on reading the syllables rather than enjoying singing it. Again, just my opinion.

Billie Jean is back to normal though.

My White & Nerdy chart has the vocals charted like they should with the syllables and listen how fast Al raps. That's just my example though.

#36 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted January 5, 2014 - 05:36 PM

The syllable thing is why Static Vocals mode exists ;)

horror_movie_special fan club member

#37 jond76

jond76
  • 21 posts

Posted January 7, 2014 - 08:15 PM

Grabbed Billie Jean! Thanks! Doing great work :)

#38 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 10:22 PM

New song time! If you've seen the WIP forum today, you've known what's coming.

Jack White.
Meg White.
Barry White.

2 of those individuals were involved in the making of this song. If you can't answer correctly, this song might not be for you.

Posted Image

My first time with harmonies. Jack does a lower part in the choruses. I may have nailed it, I might have not. I don't know. I don't have an ear for this. I'm not espher. I know the lead vocals are right though. Guitar can be a little tricky, but once you get the rhythm down, it's just three different chords. Drums are simple, but fast paced. I'm also introducing what may be a rock band first, a fake bass track. That's right. If you're playing with three friends, no one has to sit out for this one! Someone not too musically inclined probably won't even know the difference! It just boringly follows the guitar, but with way less excitement and talent required. (like real bass amirite?)...... kidding!

And also, a big thanks to Farottone for pulling me up from the depths of authoring hell and redoing the tempo for me. This song wouldn't be here without him.

I am sad to say however, this may be my last song for quite awhile that I author vocals on. It takes far too much time for me, especially considering I don't sing that often myself. I will still include keys where possible with all difficulties. Thanks for all the downloads so far and enjoy!

#39 Mycool

Mycool
  • 147 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 03:52 PM

Hotel Yorba...Nice! Sorry to hear that you won't be doing vocals going forward (I'm so glad you did them for this one though). I know that others have said that it's very time consuming as well. Unfortunately, I personally have no use for RB tracks without vocals but I do want to thank you for the tracks you did. Definitely some great choices that will surely be RB party favorites in my house for both singers and plastic instrument slingers alike!

#40 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 09:13 PM

And another one!

Posted Image

This place ain't big enough for two James Bond theme song authorers! Or maybe it is, I'm not the boss.

My debut of pro keys! I wasn't gonna do it, but by god, it was johnlennon007 in MrMet's thread that inspired me to learn to do it!

Guitar is simple, bass is a bit challenging alt-strum fest, and drums are just an orchestral mess. I did my best, but it's about as non traditional as you can get for rock band. Keys are where most of the fun is at. You play a variety of horns. Making them pro wasn't too difficult, and the chart shouldn't give regular keyboardists much of a sweat, but it's still fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ac/dc, eminem, taylor swift, james bond, oasis, don henley, unpitched

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users