on April 12, 2019 | Last updated April 12, 2019
Neil PeartPieces of Eight
Release Type: User Audio Type: Single-track Reductions: Yes (Authored) Pitched Vocals: (no vocals)
~ Released as part of the C3X 'Rush & Roll' pack on April 12th, 2019 ~
Make sure to continue reading towards the end for information about 'Two-Handed Keys' Upgrade Files!
Around the time of Power Windows, Neil decided to replace and rethink his drum setup, both acoustic and electronic. He demonstrated his new toys in a multi-track recording of a piece of music that used only percussion instruments. Modern Drummer magazine published the result as a flexidisc soundpage in their May 1987 issue. Those familiar with Peart's later drum solos will reconize the chorus and main motif, and you'll also hear what later developed into the marimba breakdown from Rush's Mission.
Additional Authoring Credits:
- ejthedj providing the finished Bass Chart
- MrPrezident for the Preview Video
Notes on the Two-Handed Keys Upgrade Files:
- The song mainly features a marimba on Keys, which was reduced down to One-Hand in most areas for playablity. I have created upgrade files to convert the one-handed keys into two-handed keys if you desire.
- The changes are most noticable during the choruses, bridge, and solo sections.
- Please note, the upgrade adds a GREAT deal of difficulty, and it meant to be played with both hands for a reason.
- You will need the original con along with the upgrade files to fully convert the project.