- October 25, 2015: The songlist now shows how many comments a custom has, if any, and formats that whole column a little better.
- October 21, 2015: New field: Co-Author(s), which is exactly what it sounds like. Right now it only supports other users on this forum, because I'm saving the user IDs for future searching and display purposes.
- October 15, 2015: New field: Video Preview. If it's a YouTube video, it will auto-embed in the song detail page; otherwise, it's just a link to the video. I'll be adding more auto-embeds and possibly putting a video icon on the songlist for customs that use this.
- October 15, 2015: Unicode characters finally display properly.
- October 15, 2015: RBN songs have been added. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few RBN songs from the end of RBN's lifecycle, but other than that, all official songs available in RB3 and RB4 should now be in the database.
- October 13, 2015: Searching has been properly implemented -- it now displays the same song list with your search term applied, rather than IPS's dumb built-in search. I've added a second search bar down by the actual song list.
- October 13, 2015: Sorting by rating and views actually works now. There are some outstanding bugs with ratings that may impact your results.
- October 11, 2015: Way more filters have been added. Some filter behavior is still weird, especially if you try and remove specific existing filters. Not done with filters yet!
- October 10, 2015: You can now hover over those icons to see more detailed information, or click on them to toggle that view for the whole page. Try it out!
- October 10, 2015: The crowded "Info" icons on the song list have been replaced with two larger ones. Hover over the column header for a legend.
- October 9, 2015: A new column has been added to the song list to show average user rating and number of views for each custom.
- October 7, 2015: Wii, PS3, and Phase Shift download links now appear in the song list.
- October 7, 2015: Added a new field, "All Vocals Authored?", to track whether all vocal parts in the source audio are authored (or not).
- October 6, 2015: When adding or editing a custom, each field now has a hopefully-useful description.
- October 6, 2015: Fixed two bugs with the CON autoloader caused by certain Magma metadata and non-ANSI encoding, respectively. Thanks for the report, StackOverflow0x!
- October 5, 2015: "Mark All Customs Read" now exists up by the main search bar and a little further down by "Add New Custom".
- October 5, 2015: CON autoloading is now live when adding a new custom! Drag a CON file to the field and (hopefully) watch it fill out the form for you. DTA support is coming.
- October 4, 2015: The "Author ID" field, used in Magma C3 to ensure CON uniqueness, has been restored to your user profile.
- October 3, 2015: You can now include multiple download links per song. These are a pain to add right now, you can't label the "project" and "other" ones, and they don't show up on the song list -- all to be addressed soon.
- October 3, 2015: The "Last Updated" field for each custom will no longer update unless you tell it to (i.e. you actually included a change that should bump the record and notify followers).
- October 3, 2015: Authors can now delete their own customs.
- October 2, 2015: Authors can now edit their own customs.
- October 2, 2015: Fixed the brief period where Bass wasn't visible on the song detail page.
- October 2, 2015: Lots of other small things.
As revealed in today's blog post, we've rolled out the initial beta of a proper customs database for everyone, not just C3 releases! You can access the database with the "Customs" link at the top of the forums, or by clicking here.
pksage stood this entire thing up from scratch in five days -- it is a BETA release! We were planning this for a while, but our existing plans fell through on Sunday. I've done my best, but you've been warned, it's kind of crap right now. That said, I will be actively improving it every day for the immediate future, so please submit those bug reports and feature requests, and vote for existing requests you want to see!
Here's what SHOULD work right now (Oct 2), minus any bugs:
- Viewing the list of songs
- Downloading songs in Xbox 360 format
- Uploading new songs in Xbox 360 format (but with manual entry and limited fields)
- Automatic CON parsing to quickly add metadata
- Listing the co-authors on your song
- Sorting the list of songs
- Filtering the list of songs
- Searching the list of songs
- Rating a song from 1-5 (crappy interface)
- Following a song entry to receive forum and/or email notifications when it's updated (currently only from the song's page)
- PS3, Wii, and Phase Shift download fields, as well as 2x and Rhythm entries for each platform
- Official Harmonix DLC and disc songs are included in the database for completeness; download links lead to the Xbox 360 store
Here's what DOES NOT work right now:
- Non-gameplay song metadata like album name; we have grand plans to connect everything to last.fm's API with manual entry for more obscure songs, and this metadata will be unavailable until then
- Probably a bunch of other stuff I forgot
Some ground rules that we will be manually enforcing until the system is robust enough to enforce them itself:
- If the song you're uploading already exists by another (non-C3/HMX) author, please try to collaborate with them before uploading your own. We're never going to ban duplicate entries, but they are heavily frowned upon.
- If your song has one or more instruments that you didn't author, mark them as "(not authored)", not "(doesn't exist)". Users: feel free to report people that violate this rule.
- Don't blindly rate everything 1 or 5. We will be watching for abuse of this system, if you're an asshole about it you might get suspended or banned.
- Please be patient when the system doesn't work right! pksage is writing this after about 18 hours of mostly nonstop coding, and the next few days are going to be hard for everyone. Your kindness and patience are highly appreciated.
This is a super cool development for C3, and we hope you'll join us in uploading your customs and making a de facto list of every possible song to play in RB3!
tl;dr - Report bugs (there will be a lot) and suggest features for the customs database in our new bug tracker. Discuss it in this forum thread.